Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

I really miss the single player unlocks.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I don't know why Naughty Dog took out all the single player unlocks in this game because I really enjoyed them in Uncharted 1 and 2. I always though the various skins were a lot of fun and running through with unlimited ammo with the most powerful guns was a ton of fun. I wonder if they were taken out to make the trophies just a bit harder to get? It just seems kind of strange that something that has been in the entire series is now missing.

Zeninnnnnnnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Zeninnnnnnnn

Aw man, I totally know what you're talking about. I didn't know they took it out. I had just assumed that they would be unlocked once I beat the game and I hadn't found them. That's a real bummer.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hbkdx12

They said it wasn't by choice but instead because of all the processing power that's needed to stream all the information on screen seemlessly and beautifully, the added perks were too much of a strain and they just couldn't get it to work. They isn't even a cutscene viewer but they did say that they'll probably patch that in but as far as cheats and skins...it's just completely gone

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @hbkdx12 said:
    They said it wasn't by choice but instead because of all the processing power that's needed to stream all the information on screen seemlessly and beautifully, the added perks were too much of a strain and they just couldn't get it to work. They isn't even a cutscene viewer but they did say that they'll probably patch that in but as far as cheats and skins...it's just completely gone
    My heart was broken that I'd actually have to play through much of the entire game just to get those damned trophies again.
    polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By polydeukes

It's pretty obvious that Naughty Dog ran out of time. Hopefully they patch in those bonus features for single player, specifically the cutscene viewer and weapon options. There was an article on 1UP revealing that the game was pretty much broken on older PS3s a few days before the game went gold. Weapon aiming is horrible in single player. I reckon Hard difficulty wasn't tested and balanced properly, too. Naughty Dog has outdone themselves technically with UC3, but these strict 2 year cycles must be pretty hard for them.

The PAL title screen has a spelling error, too!

I AM ERROR.
    I AM ERROR.
    huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By huntad

Yeah, there actually is absolutely no fun reason to play the campaign again. I even mentioned this in my review because I was so shocked. What a bummer.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hbkdx12
    @SpencerTucksen said:
    @hbkdx12 said:
    My heart was broken that I'd actually have to play through much of the entire game just to get those damned trophies again.
    Yeah it's gonna suck because some of those trophies don't really allow you to just get them "naturally" Since you can add modifiers, you're going to have to find a certain area, spam it, die, rinse and repeat in order to get some trophies.
    SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @hbkdx12 said:
    @SpencerTucksen said:
    @hbkdx12 said:
    Yeah it's gonna suck because some of those trophies don't really allow you to just get them "naturally" Since you can add modifiers, you're going to have to find a certain area, spam it, die, rinse and repeat in order to get some trophies.
    Exactly. One example being when you have to take out the one dude on the boat with the LMG. I think it was a PAK-(random numbers). Gonna have to go through the headache of killing that damn dude over and over so that I can get my thirty kills against the other guys that jump into the area. And then you have the RPG thing where you'll need to kill one of them in a specific area (since they are almost always on top of an unreachable building or something) to get the kills. It's so annoying. And on Hard, I was busy trying not to die to get the killstreak trophies and whatnot. Just makes everything harder. Lol
    SockLobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SockLobster

This game was clearly rushed to release in time for Christmas. What a horrible shame.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wacomole
    @SpencerTucksen said:
    @hbkdx12 said:
    @SpencerTucksen said:
    @hbkdx12 said:
    Exactly. One example being when you have to take out the one dude on the boat with the LMG. I think it was a PAK-(random numbers). Gonna have to go through the headache of killing that damn dude over and over so that I can get my thirty kills against the other guys that jump into the area. And then you have the RPG thing where you'll need to kill one of them in a specific area (since they are almost always on top of an unreachable building or something) to get the kills. It's so annoying. And on Hard, I was busy trying not to die to get the killstreak trophies and whatnot. Just makes everything harder. Lol
    SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @MoleyUK said:
    @SpencerTucksen said:
    @hbkdx12 said:
    @SpencerTucksen said:
    @hbkdx12 said:
    I only found that out against the last fire-demons. Lol, So, I've still gotta play through it again.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Venatio

@hbkdx12 said:

Did they really say that they would patch in the cutscene viewing option? Because this is the first time they skipped doing that, all Jak and Uncharted games had it, such a dissapointment that they didn't bother this time

Avatar image for ultimatepunchrod
    ultimatepunchrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By ultimatepunchrod

I wish they would've left them in too.

Tacoboy1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tacoboy1986

Yeah, I thought they were at least going to have an unlockable where Nathan Drake is holding a Subway cup the whole game.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Aus_azn

Yes, I very much miss this.@Polydeukes said:

Weapon aiming is horrible in single player. I reckon Hard difficulty wasn't tested and balanced properly, too.

More and more, I'm thinking that choosing to play it the first time on Hard was a completely idiotic decision. But I didn't have problems on UC2 Hard, so I wasn't anticipating this problem.

Makes me wonder what Crushing is like O_O.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Robo

Yeah towards the end I found myself thinking, "hey, wasn't there a whole bunch of other shit to do in the last game?" because i kind of blazed through this even while doing a fair bit of treasure hunting and sightseeing.

Then it just ended. Kind of a lackluster ending at that.

And yeah the shooting sucked.

Maybe the reasoning is all the additional unlockable stuff is rolled into the somewhat expanded multiplayer.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Aus_azn said:

Weapon aiming is horrible in single player. I reckon Hard difficulty wasn't tested and balanced properly, too.

More and more, I'm thinking that choosing to play it the first time on Hard was a completely idiotic decision. But I didn't have problems on UC2 Hard, so I wasn't anticipating this problem.

Not that hard actually... I'm breezing through it faster then I did when I played normal. I'm on chapter 11 currently. I can only anticipate a few really hard moments.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I decided to play through this game on hard the first time around and parts of it were absolutely ridiculously hard because of the shooting. Mainly the ship graveyard chapters where you are swimming around from area to area and taking guys out.

BatmanReturned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BatmanReturned

Going back for the treasures is super boring without the unlocks. Its such a shame they at least couldn't at least do infinite ammo. The individual weapon trophies are kind of a pain now because the ones that are not common when just regularly playing the game you can't just give yourself then have fun messing around.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iamjohn

Wait, seriously? They took that stuff out?!

What the fuck.

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Aus_azn

@LiquidPrince said:

@Aus_azn said:

Not that hard actually... I'm breezing through it faster then I did when I played normal. I'm on chapter 11 currently. I can only anticipate a few really hard moments.

Getting flanked in some of the larger firefights in later chapters is a total pain.

@ImpendingFoil said:

I decided to play through this game on hard the first time around and parts of it were absolutely ridiculously hard because of the shooting. Mainly the ship graveyard chapters where you are swimming around from area to area and taking guys out.

My sentiments precisely.

@BatmanReturned said:

Going back for the treasures is super boring without the unlocks. Its such a shame they at least couldn't at least do infinite ammo. The individual weapon trophies are kind of a pain now because the ones that are not common when just regularly playing the game you can't just give yourself then have fun messing around.

Once I found this out, I gave up on the trophies. I'm very glad that I used a guide for the treasures, since they seem far more obscure than they used to be IMO.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By polydeukes

@LiquidPrince said:

@Aus_azn said:

I imagine that's probably because you already know the combat sequences and what enemies behaviors to expect when and where. :)

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Really? I haven't played the game yet, but one of the things I really liked about Uncharted 2 was when I played it the second time with gravity off for the corpses, so there were all sorts of dead bodies floating in the air after battles. It was cool.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jasonefmonk

Yeah I'll miss those effects as well, they showed off the physics. Donut Drake was hilarious too.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Afroman269

I miss it too.

Nitrocore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nitrocore

I reckon they just put the extra effort into the multiplayer. It's a shame though, because I was looking forward to playing it again with some new gear, o well.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#27  Edited By Yummylee

It's the sole reason for shutting down near all motivation for me to play through the campaign again.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By Sooperspy

They definitely should have taken another month or two to polish it up and add some stuff.

The Adventure coop cutscenes look horrible and have missing sound effects. There is no Elimination game mode for competitive. And, like you said, no campaign unlocks.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Yummylee

@Redbullet685 said:

They definitely should have taken another month or two to polish it up and add some stuff.

The Adventure coop cutscenes look horrible and have missing sound effects. There is no Elimination game mode for competitive. And, like you said, no campaign unlocks.

It's only the character models that look terrible in the multiplayer (especially the faces.. I mean ew), but yeah they stick out all the more when he have Cutter's lips barely moving as he talks during the London Underground level :P

Elimination Mode is a weird one, because initially ND were to going to implement it as an end-game feature for deathmatches, should both teams have close enough scores. I was never that big on Eli, so I'm not exactly shedding tears... but I'm never pleased about cuts inbetween sequels.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#30  Edited By Sooperspy

@Abyssfull: Maybe you weren't so big on Elimination, but I know you just love playing Michael Myers, RIGHT?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Yummylee

@Redbullet685: OH DON'T YOU KNOW IT!!!!

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By buzz_killington

Yeah, I loved one-shot killing the badies in Drake's Fortune with the magnum.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Yummylee

@buzz_killington said:

Yeah, I loved one-shot killing the badies in Drake's Fortune with the magnum.

Eddy's golden gun? Man that was so fun. I completed Drake's Fortune alone like 5 times, just because of all the cool stuff you could play around with.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Dreamfall31

As much as a dissapointment it was seeing there were none after playing through, I really only messed with those for a day or so after playing 2. It was neat add on and silly fun, but I didn't play through the game with any of the other skins or cheats.

aznan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By aznan

Aw, what a bummer. I had so much fun playing through the other games a second time with infinite ammo and just goofing off.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LiquidPrince

@huntad said:

Yeah, there actually is absolutely no fun reason to play the campaign again. I even mentioned this in my review because I was so shocked. What a bummer.

Except I disagree. I love the story and love playing through it multiple times on different difficulties.

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#37  Edited By Dreamfall31

Thinking about it more I wonder if they could have decided against it because there are more scripted Drake slow walking parts. From the trips to the desert sequence I wonder if they just couldn't render all of the characters doing the same movements. I didn't play 2 again all the way through with a different skin so I don't know how it was handled. Though after 3 I really wanna play 2 again.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By mariokart64fan

naughty dog can make all the excuses in the world but ill tell you what happened to the majority of unlocks in games these days ,

its called dlc, you know the things you pay for, ya they dont want you to know, but the stuff you pay for is actually on the disc already your just paying to unlock them

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39  Edited By huntad

@LiquidPrince said:

@huntad said:

Except I disagree. I love the story and love playing through it multiple times on different difficulties.

I found it most fun on easy or normal and I was still frustrated on normal. I've been beating several games on hard this year, and none come close to the frustration I felt while playing through Uncharted 3. The story was fine, but I really wish there was more of an incentive to replay it. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Different strokes...

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By LiquidPrince

@huntad said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@huntad said:

I found it most fun on easy or normal and I was still frustrated on normal. I've been beating several games on hard this year, and none come close to the frustration I felt while playing through Uncharted 3. The story was fine, but I really wish there was more of an incentive to replay it. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Different strokes...

I just finished it on crushing. Funny thing is I died way way way less times then I died on Normal. They seemed to gang up on me more on normal... Or maybe I just tried to take everyone out faster this time. Who knows. Was a lot of fun though.

Beanpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Beanpants

The thing I really liked about the bonuses, aside from them being game-breaking fun after playing through the campaign a few times to unlock them, was that it incentivised the trophies. I'm not huge on achievements for the sake of achievements, but when they translate into actual game unlocks, then I'm all in. From a design perspective, it also works better to keep people playing your product. Granted, they went whole hog into the multiplayer, but a lot of people don't care about multiplayer. Personally, I played UC2 three times back to back to get through unlocks and have fun with the bonus settings. I don't foresee myself playing through UC3 again for quite a while.

It also broke the nearly 10 year tradition that Naughty Dog had with adding those features in. Mirror world, big head mode, etc brought me back to the Jak and Uncharted games well past their standard shelf lives. Ultimately, UC3 feels pretty dry without it.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#42  Edited By jkuc316

@Redbullet685 said:

Yeah I could've waited for a Christmas release, there are too many games getting released this month anyways...

bennym6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By bennym6

@Zeninnnnnnnn said:

Aw man, I totally know what you're talking about. I didn't know they took it out. I had just assumed that they would be unlocked once I beat the game and I hadn't found them. That's a real bummer.

me too :(

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
    deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Such a disappointment. I loved them, they added so much replayability to the game. Had I known they removed it, I probably would have just rented it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By bybeach

This game was fun enough for me to step up the difficulty and play again, though not right away. I used to do that right after completion but Dead space 2 this year has been the only one. Cheats and whatever do not interest me for replay. The fat Drake does look funny though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.