Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

I want to play these new maps

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KevinWalsh

So I got the 4 new maps for Uncharted 3, and I want to play a ranked match on them, but I can't. If just one of the 10 people don't have the new maps, the choice is just original stuff. Is there anyway to filter which maps you want to play in a ranked match or am I s.o.l. and just have to hope that the group Im with all got the maps too? Thanks for any input

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Fraid not. Really dislike how they removed playlists for U3's multiplayer, especially for occurrences such as this. =/

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Grissefar

Wow that's just shitty. It sucks a giant dick, Naughty Dog. Huuuge bummer. Why would you even do community splitting DLC in the first place? With any other multiplayer game that hasn't a population in the millions, releasing DLC maps is a terrible decision. Either people can't play the maps, or they can play the maps and only play with the sickest psychos who play the game every day. It's a loss for everybody except you, Naughty Dog, who walk away laughing with the money up your ass.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

Reminds me of when DLC hit COD. They would have a playlist for the DLC, with corresponding modes and such, but when the next DLC would hit, it would remove the previous playlist so you would, most of the time, be SOL.

It's a shame that the multiplayer is such an improvement over the last game in terms of technical aspects, but two steps back in terms of mechanical functionality.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Multiplayer games that work like this (CoD, Uncharted, etc.) should have a permanent set of playlists for every individual DLC, one for all maps released thus far, and one for the original maps.

That way, the cheapasses like me don't have to weigh down those who spend money on the map packs.

Actually, I think it would be infinitely preferable if they would allow us to do like the olden days, when you could select a game from a list of games and filter out what you did and did not want. You could essentially say "I want to play CTF on *this* map with a minimum of six players already on it and a maximum of 12 allowed" and *BAM!* there was a list of games that fit your criteria.

Honestly, is that so hard to include?

Vyse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vyse

I got the maps the day they came out and I end up playing on them pretty regularly. This problem is that the only people I seem to get matched up with are all guys who are max rank and are amazing at the game. I've kinda lost interest in the multiplayer now because all I do now is get my ass kicked.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By X19
    SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@believer258 said:

Multiplayer games that work like this (CoD, Uncharted, etc.) should have a permanent set of playlists for every individual DLC, one for all maps released thus far, and one for the original maps.

That way, the cheapasses like me don't have to weigh down those who spend money on the map packs.

Actually, I think it would be infinitely preferable if they would allow us to do like the olden days, when you could select a game from a list of games and filter out what you did and did not want. You could essentially say "I want to play CTF on *this* map with a minimum of six players already on it and a maximum of 12 allowed" and *BAM!* there was a list of games that fit your criteria.

Honestly, is that so hard to include?

I wouldn't exactly call it being a cheapass. ; )

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@X19: Damn, I just checked out the group and it seems really hardcore....  I havent even played the multiplayer once.
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By X19
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Don't be intimidated mate. We are just a bunch of Giant Bomb duders having fun, not an elite clan or anything like that.

Jump in and even if you don't like playing competitive, there is plenty of co op to have fun with.

The Giant Bomb Uncharted 3 Hub
    Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Rekt_Hed
    @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG Don't worry man honestly I only properly got into the multiplayer a couple of months ago. Having games with the guys on giantbomb is a great laugh and games happen whenever anybody's up for it.
    I never would have enough motivation to keep trying to do co op on crushing if it weren't down to the good duders that are part of the Giant Bomb collective :)
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#12  Edited By Yummylee

Godammit, it's the same with this new map pack... I've gotten into plenty O matches for the first map pack at least, but not a single one for the new batch. Really wanted to relive all the fun I had with Plaza and Trainwreck too.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rekt_Hed: Damn, that actually sounds great....  Ill start playing the multiplayer next week and ill see where it goes from there
    X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By X19
    @Abyssfull said:

Godammit, it's the same with this new map pack... I've gotten into plenty O matches for the first map pack at least, but not a single one for the new batch. Really wanted to relive all the fun I had with Plaza and Trainwreck too.

I'm getting in to the second map pack fine now. Everyone loves Plaza it seems (voted a lot) and it's a great map to play on in UC3. Higher health makes this map feel like the 1.04 times of UC2 :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.