Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Is Uncharted: GOTY edition worth it if I'm mostly interested...

Loop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Loop_

...in the SP campaign? I'm talking about Uncharted 3.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheHumanDove

. . .

Yes.

Loop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Loop_

Uncharted 3, that is.

I can't edit the title.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

@Loop_: I don't think they added any single player content so if you can find the original cheaper then go for that. Otherwise yeah GOTY edition is perfect.

thedj93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thedj93

do it

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Kerned

@LiquidPrince said:

I don't think they added any single player content

Fact.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MikkaQ

If it's 30 bucks or less then fine. I thought it was a pretty disappointing sequel though, in many ways. Then again I played pre-patch, so not only was the story a disappointment but the combat was a broken mess that made me question my sanity and my desire to ever play games again. Fuck that cruise ship piano room. Fuck it to all hell.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince

@MikkaQ said:

If it's 30 bucks or less then fine. I thought it was a pretty disappointing sequel though, in many ways. Then again I played pre-patch, so not only was the story a disappointment but the combat was a broken mess that made me question my sanity and my desire to ever play games again. Fuck that cruise ship piano room. Fuck it to all hell.

What are you talking about? People and their hyperbole and exaggerations. I roll my eyes at you. I beat the game pre patch and got my platinum just fine. It controlled absolutely fine...

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zombie2011

@LiquidPrince said:

@MikkaQ said:

What are you talking about? People and their hyperbole and exaggerations. I roll my eyes at you. I beat the game pre patch and got my platinum just fine. It controlled absolutely fine...

It didn't control fine. Thats why they released a patch to fix it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LiquidPrince

@zombie2011 said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@MikkaQ said:

No they released a patch which gave you an alternative aiming scheme in the menus because people said it felt different then Uncharted 2. It didn't replace the original. It was just an alternate and you could choose which one you like.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MikkaQ

@LiquidPrince said:

@MikkaQ said:

You'd probably normally be right, but I have never had so much trouble trying to beat the last few hours of a shooter than I did with Uncharted 3. I have never yelled at my TV more than with this game. And when I was done, I wasn't satisfied I just felt drained or something. I dunno, it just wasn't fun. And I mean Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games so there had to have been a good reason I didn't like this one.

Either way no patch can fix the story and weird puzzle distribution. It basically felt like a great Uncharted game with good puzzles, dialogue and decent combat scenarios until after that castle level. Then it took a turn for the worse, when all the puzzles disappeared and the combat became a total grind since nothing interesting was happening to break it up.

Loop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Loop_

Hm...

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By pyromagnestir

@MikkaQ said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@MikkaQ said:

You'd probably normally be right, but I have never had so much trouble trying to beat the last few hours of a shooter than I did with Uncharted 3. I have never yelled at my TV more than with this game. And when I was done, I wasn't satisfied I just felt drained or something. I dunno, it just wasn't fun. And I mean Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games so there had to have been a good reason I didn't like this one.

Either way no patch can fix the story and weird puzzle distribution. It basically felt like a great Uncharted game with good puzzles, dialogue and decent combat scenarios until after that castle level. Then it took a turn for the worse, when all the puzzles disappeared and the combat became a total grind since nothing interesting was happening to break it up.

When I first played the game, I played for 6 hours and the aiming bothered me so much that I questioned if I was remembering my preferred shooter controls correctly. I then tried all sorts of different invert and normal axis options before realizing that wasn't the problem. Then I thought since I just played Assassin's Creed Brohood maybe the camera on that was different and that's what's throwing me off.

I didn't touch the game again until after the alternate aiming came out and after I switched that on everything was fine. Aiming wise that is. So something weird was going on.

edit: oh and as said GOTY stuff was all multi player stuff, so no it's not worth it if you only care about the single player. I believe.

Loop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Loop_

Thanks for the replies.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince said:

@zombie2011 said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@MikkaQ said:

No they released a patch which gave you an alternative aiming scheme in the menus because people said it felt different then Uncharted 2. It didn't replace the original. It was just an alternate and you could choose which one you like.

I never had any problem huge problems pre-patch, but just like Killzone 2, the controls were VASTLY inferior before their respective patches, which severely improved the games. You'd have to be a blind raging fanboy not to admit that.

As for OP, you can probably get the regular version cheaper and if you have no plans of touching the multiplayer, you're better off getting that.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Mystyr_E

they made Elena look worse so that makes it worse than Uncharted 2

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bchampnd

I'd say pass on the GOTY edition since no new single player content was added. One of the more disappointing things about Uncharted 2 & 3 was that the DLC was multiplayer only. I guess Naughty Dog didn't want to release any single player content if it couldn't match the production levels of the main game (and doing that would cost a ton of money).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bchampnd said:

I guess Naughty Dog didn't want to release any single player content if it couldn't match the production levels of the main game

Then why did they release Uncharted 3 to follow Uncharted 2?

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bchampnd

@TeflonBilly said:

@bchampnd said:

I guess Naughty Dog didn't want to release any single player content if it couldn't match the production levels of the main game

Then why did they release Uncharted 3 to follow Uncharted 2?

Well done, sir.

To be fair, I do think that Uncharted 3 was a fine and impressive game if viewed on its own but there was something special about Uncharted 2 that was just missing in Uncharted 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.