Long Initial Load

#1 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

When I first start the game, the loading screen with the ring in the corner usually goes on for at least 45 seconds. Does this happen to anyone else?

#2 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@CounterShock: Working as intended.
#3 Posted by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

Remember that the PS3 only has a 2x Bluray drive, and Uncharted 3 has no mandatory install.

#4 Posted by JeanLuc (3565 posts) -

I remember having that issue with Uncharted 2. The loading screen went on for 2 mins one time! I started freaking out because I thought my disc was broken or something. I never really did anything to fix it. The problem just went away on its own.

#5 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

That's normal. After that big one, there aren't any other loads while playing, unless you pause. Then the autosave kicks in.

#6 Posted by Demoskinos (14518 posts) -

@Xtrememuffinman said:

That's normal. After that big one, there aren't any other loads while playing, unless you pause. Then the autosave kicks in.

You know I appreciate that the game is so good on checkpoints but my god... it saving EVERY time you open the pause menu is kind of annoying.

#7 Posted by CaptainCharisma (339 posts) -

I believe it was long for every Uncharted.

#8 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Oh I remember it was pretty long for the first one.  But I only played in 5 hour long intervals so I dont remember how long it was for the second time I had to load the game from the start menu

#9 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

Yup, just noticed this last night. But it's not really that bad, seeing as how the game doesn't have to load at all after that.

#10 Posted by The_Nubster (2037 posts) -

It's a necessary evil, in my opinion. God of War 3 had the same thing, if I recall correctly. Just have a magazine on your coffee table or wherever. It's totally worth not having any other loads.

#11 Posted by X19 (2304 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.