Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

My Uncharted 4 In Depth Story

Bruins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bruins

After playing Uncharted 3, I of course am now just counting down the days until I can play 4. In the meantime I decided to write my own Uncharted 4. This will be a very in-depth breakdown of the story, set pieces, features, new characters, etc. I have it pretty much all mapped out in my head and I’ll just be writing it out chapter-by-chapter sporadically. Any feedback, positive or negative is appreciated, although try to make it constructive if it is negative. I want to write it to make it as close as I can to a gaming experience for the reader, where you can visualize all of the cinematic moments that ND could produce with this story.

And to further enhance the gaming experience I won’t be spoiling any details (treasures, locations, etc.) beforehand, and it’ll unfold as the story unfolds, and I’ll try to throw the odd twist in here and there.

Bruins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Bruins

Chapter 1 – How Long is This Thing?

Description: The opening scene shows picturesque shots of the Great Wall of China with the subtitles “Shaanxi Province, China” with authentic Chinese music playing. On a ground shot of the wall from a dirt road in the forest to the side of it, Drake all of a sudden whizzes by on a motorcycle with his patented “Oh Craaaaaap!” Sully quickly follows suit. They’re being shot at from all directions, by people on motorcycles, in the forest, and from the Wall itself. You’re thrown right into the action with no explanation.

At the end of the motorcycle sequence there’s a cut scene where a guy with a rocket launcher destroys part of the Wall and Nate and Sully fall off, their motorcycles wrecked, and their guns fly away. An introductory hand to hand fighting scene ensues, ended with a heavy of course.

At the end of this sequence a jeep pulls up, driven by a Chinese man. The dialogue between them is quick and to the point. Drake mentions that they found the clue they were looking for, and they need to get to “Xi’an” and step on it.

Features: This will play much like the Caravan level in Uncharted 3. The motorcycle will act as your horse and you’ll be able to jump onto the baddies’ bikes when need be. Of course there will be points where you can get onto the Wall itself. This is not a great place to introduce guns, but what the hell, I did it anyways.

Commentary: The reason for this is to start you off with a bang. The gamer won’t have time to think about what is going on because they’ll be firmly entrenched in a fight for their lives from the get go. This will set the tone for the game in more ways than one. Firstly, it creates the notion that this is just what Drake does. There were questions in U3 by those around him what exactly Drake’s motivations were, but this puts those questions to rest with a bang. Sorry, ND, but I don’t buy the hesitancy. Like Marlowe said, he gets off on this. Secondly, it creates a backdrop for what the settings of this game. In the other Uncharted games we were mostly introduced to fictional locations based on myth or just mere representations of certain areas (unnamed mountains and villages in Tibet, unmarked forests in France, etc.). This time around we get to see tangible wonders, and places that actually exist in the real world. Of course, this game will have a mix of both.

Now, the writing. It is meant to be vague on purpose. This is because this Chinese element of the game will only last a couple chapters and it’s meant to portray the tail end of one of Drake’s adventures, completely unrelated to the main quest of the game, which we know nothing about yet. All we know is that he’s after some kind of treasure.

Character Introduction: Gan Li – He’s the man driving the jeep. We aren’t sure exactly who he is yet but it’s clear that he is well-trusted by Drake and Sully. He seems to have a solemn demeanor.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This is fan fiction.

Bruins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bruins

@FluxWaveZ: Is there a section for that?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Cloudenvy

@FluxWaveZ said:

This is fan fiction.

My god! you're right, Watson!

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By buzz_killington

Haha, I thought a lot about where they could take Uncharted 4 that would both look unique and provide opportunities for set-pieces too. China, continental United States, and Scandinavia came to my mind. A Dan Brown-style conspiracy theory about the foundation of US would be pretty cool.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Bruins said:

@FluxWaveZ: Is there a section for that?

There should be.

@Cloudenvy said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

This is fan fiction.

My god! you're right, Watson!

Indeed. Once again I've solved the case. All in a day's work.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Afroman269

Man, I really hope there won't be an Uncharted 4. At least not until a new console.

Avatar image for belligerentengine
    BelligerentEngine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BelligerentEngine

@Bruins said:

Character Introduction: Gan Li – He’s the man driving the jeep. We aren’t sure exactly who he is yet but it’s clear that he is well-trusted by Drake and Sully. He seems to have a solemn demeanor.

*Rolls Eyes*

smackifilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By smackifilia

@buzz_killington said:

Haha, I thought a lot about where they could take Uncharted 4 that would both look unique and provide opportunities for set-pieces too. China, continental United States, and Scandinavia came to my mind. A Dan Brown-style conspiracy theory about the foundation of US would be pretty cool.

I got an idea where they can take it, straight to the garbage can. Right where UC3 belongs. What a letdown.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By buzz_killington

@smackifilia said:

@buzz_killington said:

I got an idea where they can take it, straight to the garbage can. Right where UC3 belongs. What a letdown.

That's a bit harsh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.