Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Sensitivity Problems

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By realph

I'm noticing a really weird problem when aiming my gun, for some reason the aiming while holding down L1 doesn't feel smooth. I've tried bumping the sensitivity up to the max, but for some reason I'm still experiencing it. I've played both of the previous Uncharted games and never noticed this before. The reason I ask is because I'm barely scraping through firefights. Has anyone else experienced this?

EJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By EJ

Same here. I got real frustrated after a while and changed the difficulty to very easy, which seemed to turn on some sorta auto aim but it immediately felt better.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By hbkdx12

Haven't played the game yet but i've been seeing people expressing this sentiment a lot. 

One of the devs who's also a member on GAF stated that the aiming wasn't changed from Uncharted 2

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vitor

@hbkdx12 said:

Haven't played the game yet but i've been seeing people expressing this sentiment a lot. One of the devs who's also a member on GAF stated that the aiming wasn't changed from Uncharted 2

It feels clunkier though. Almost as though I don't have the full 360 degree of movement available to me.

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By realph

@Vitor: Yes, that sums up how I feel. Glad I wasn't imagining this.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hbkdx12

It does seem a lil clunky.  The pistols especially. Once i got my hands on an AK things felt a bit more satisfying but still a tad bit off

The aiming controls feel stiff and slow but movements seems a lil floaty and swimmy. Kind of weird 

And why are there two reticles? I don't see the purpose of that

Sidenote, Totally got my assed handed to me on the second puzzle. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Even after the game put my dunce cap on i still wasn't understanding why it worked out the way it did. Must've missed something

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

The aiming is different from Uncharted 2. There's a pretty big thread regarding aiming on the Naughty Dog forums. The problem is that aiming isn't really Analog. When you move the stick in a circle, it acts like a rectangle which was not the case with Uncharted 2. Several people verified this. I'm going to have to get rid of this game until they put out a patch, the combat controls so poorly that I just can't stick with it.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ApeGantz

Yup yup. I thought it was just me playing on an HDTV that didn't have the game option in the video settings. Playing on my normal TV and its really hard to kill folks. Wouldnt be so bad if the recoil wasnt effed.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hbkdx12

Anybody think it may have to do with the double reticle?

Because although it's hard to see, it seems like the inner reticle allows for some type of precision or atleast that's what it seems like it's suppose to do, within the bigger, outer reticle

So when you move the stick to aim, it moves the inner reticle first and then moves the outer reticle (aka the whole view) in the necessary direction if it's pressed long enough

So trying to fine tune a shot once your in aim mode seems to move the inner reticle making it feel like a deadzone or a general sense of unresponsiveness when in reality you want the whole entire reticle to move

I'm not spouting this as fact but it just seems like that's what happening in my experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0917a2494ce
    deactivated-5a0917a2494ce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Supposedly it's a combination of sensitivity, auto aiming, and a really bad dead zone. The multiplayer aiming is much better than SP. Because it has to do with sensitivity, auto aim, and the dead zone, Naughy Dog should be able to release a patch to fix it. If you want to play the game and have any fun at all while shooting, hold off for a month or so.

What really has me down is the total lack of reviewer credibility. I think maybe one reviewer mentioned gunplay issues and it's not like it's a preference thing, the sheer number of people around the net popping up and claiming it's a problem proves that. Makes me sad :(

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chop

@horseman6 said:

Supposedly it's a combination of sensitivity, auto aiming, and a really bad dead zone. The multiplayer aiming is much better than SP. Because it has to do with sensitivity, auto aim, and the dead zone, Naughy Dog should be able to release a patch to fix it. If you want to play the game and have any fun at all while shooting, hold off for a month or so.

What really has me down is the total lack of reviewer credibility. I think maybe one reviewer mentioned gunplay issues and it's not like it's a preference thing, the sheer number of people around the net popping up and claiming it's a problem proves that. Makes me sad :(

Thank god I'm not crazy. I thought I was the only one who thought the aiming was vastly superior in the multiplayer.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By TheHT

I felt it too. It's like the horizontal aiming is too fast and the diagonal aiming is too slow. Changing the sensitivity didn't help much. By the time I got to the firefight at the Chateau (the one from the QL) I was used to it.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By RainVillain

Yeah I agree with all of you. I'm glad that Naughty Dog is taking notice -- as seen by their blog post -- and while their official statement right now seems to be "yeah it's deliberate" I feel positively about our chances of ND tweaking things. All the hyperbolic comments on their blog means they have DEFINITELY seen the complaints. I'd expect a response by the end of the week, hopefully a patch in two weeks time.

Once I finish the game on Normal, I'm definitely going to hold off on Hard/Crushing until we get a tweak. If we don't get a tweak, well... guess It'll just have to take me more time to get through those difficulties. Baffled by the lack of mention of this in any reviews. It's not a game breaker but it sure knocks the game down a couple pegs (behind Among Thieves, for one...).

edit: the more I play, the less I notice. Love this game!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.