Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

SPOILERS!!! Thing I liked most.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By ki11tank

Most everything in Uncharted 3 is just a slightly more polished Uncharted 2 with a different story. That is great in itself, but I really did not like the monster/alien type baddies in the first two games, the "blue" guys imo were a terrible addition. I was very happy to see that the only semblance of monsters/alien type shit was drug induced and not long lasting.

Anyone else hate the "blue" guys just as much?

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By huntad

I didn't have a problem with the context of the blue guys in the story. I had a problem with how frustrating they were to fight. I think they increased the frustration in this newest game in a few ways - including the guys that you're talking about. They're basically the same except they're red and now they teleport. Great.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I didn't really care too much, story nor gameplay speaking. Their health against your regular weapons was a joke, but once you had access to the crossbow they weren't much of a problem. I also fucking ravished the ending firefight between Nate, Chloe and Elena, vs Zoran's men and some added blue guys, too. Always fun to watch AI's fight each other in anything.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By ki11tank

Yea I agree about not hating the context i guess but honestly i classified them alien/monsters because they were pulling extremely unrealistic moves and were very frustrating indeed.

zichster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By zichster

Couldn't agree more, I'm glad the end of the game wasn't more firefighting ridiculous enemies and was more platforming and action.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By turboman

@Abyssfull said:

I didn't really care too much, story nor gameplay speaking. Their health against your regular weapons was a joke, but once you had access to the crossbow they weren't much of a problem. I also fucking ravished the ending firefight between Nate, Chloe and Elena, vs Zoran's men and some added blue guys, too. Always fun to watch AI's fight each other in anything.

I loved that fight.. I probably sat behind my cover for about 10 minutes and watched them duke it out... then I just stole blue guys crossbows and used it on the remaining guys and moved along happily.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By N7

I liked everything about it. Hated the multiplayer at first, too. But when you level up and start earning money, you can actually get better stuff.

God. I just want Naughty Dog to make another one now. They perfected the system. They have the tech and everything is just golden right now. UGH. Damn not having ANYTHING to look forward to until Mass Effect 3.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By polydeukes

Thing I liked most? The scene after the sinking cruise ship. As with UC2 and the mountain village, just when Drake is struggling, alone, tired and at his breaking point (as well as the player!), I'm thinking, "Elena! Right about now, I (and Drake) need Elena!" And what do you know? There she is.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By buzz_killington

The Spaniards in Drake's Fortune were a cool twist, story and gameplay-wise.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @Polydeukes said:

Thing I liked most? The scene after the sinking cruise ship. As with UC2 and the mountain village, just when Drake is struggling, alone, tired and at his breaking point (as well as the player!), I'm thinking, "Elena! Right about now, I (and Drake) need Elena!" And what do you know? There she is.

Yeah. That was great scene.
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@N7 said:

Damn not having ANYTHING to look forward to until Mass Effect 3.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection?

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By N7
    @senorfuzzeh said:

@N7 said:

Damn not having ANYTHING to look forward to until Mass Effect 3.

Metal Gear Solid HD collection?

This is the moment where I realize that it's way too late to get the Collector's Edition, and being out of a job so I can't get it at all. But I will get this game! Maybe not day one, maybe not even month one! But if I have sell every game in my possession and sell crack on a street corner, this will happen.
    SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @huntad said:

I didn't have a problem with the context of the blue guys in the story. I had a problem with how frustrating they were to fight. I think they increased the frustration in this newest game in a few ways - including the guys that you're talking about. They're basically the same except they're red and now they teleport. Great.

Actually, I'd say the blue dudes had WAY more health. I swear, those dudes took forever to kill. The fire-demons weren't TOO stupidly difficult, to me.
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vitor

@SpencerTucksen said:

@huntad said:

Actually, I'd say the blue dudes had WAY more health. I swear, those dudes took forever to kill. The fire-demons weren't TOO stupidly difficult, to me.

Plus they littered the areas with RPGs/Grenade Launchers and the Sniper pistols so you could always take them out in two hits.

They definitely learned from their mistakes.

Zolfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zolfe

my fav scene was near the beginning, you just meet up with chloe and she, drake, cutter and sully just start walking in sync as if they're going to fuck shit up, and then you do,

also when you blow up the cargo plane, you fly out and catch on to a piece of cargo and pull the parachute to get yourself safely landed. the entire time you're in the air, the camera is flipping the fuck out, that's something I haven't seen in a movie yet, it looked sick, really expressed that chaotic feeling

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By rockinkemosabe

I loved the cutscene where Drake and Cutter banter back and forth about a prepaid cellphone.

Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Kierkegaard

@Vitor said:

@SpencerTucksen said:

@huntad said:

Plus they littered the areas with RPGs/Grenade Launchers and the Sniper pistols so you could always take them out in two hits.

They definitely learned from their mistakes.

Yeah, they avoided the two major gripes people have had with the ending enemies of the first two games: fantasy and gameplay. The Djinn soldiers are probably the result of Drake's drug trip, or at least they could be. That gives scientifically minded people some leeway. And they do not require the panicked run-and-gunning of the spaniards or the guardians, but instead just have two lives and can't be fought hand-to-hand. I thought they were a fine addition and fit Drake's mood of despair over the apparent death of Sully.

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By usgrovers

I liked the melee combat additions. However, I didn't get to enjoy melee as much because there are always 20 other bad guys shooting me when I try to punch someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.