Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

This is what is wrong with the internet.

• 60 results
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

This NeoGAF thread is pretty much a collection of the worst that internet fanboys have to offer and almost made me physically ill reading it. And if I had to read this crap, I'm going to inflict my misery on the rest of you people. I'm just incredibly thankful that this kind of stuff doesn't happen here. Seriously, every time you want to try to say that this community is bad, take a look at this monstrosity and be thankful.

Here's my personal "favorite" from the "Oozinator":

Eurogamer is angry because this master game competes with one of the few AAA made by domestic failing UK game industry (Batman AC).

Clearly, a guy that truly has it all figured out.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Slaker117

People are complaining about a game getting an 8 out of 10? I'll have to double check my math, but that seems like a pretty good score...

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Kazona

I lol'd

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatthehellareyoutalkingabout?

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

Nah, I could point you toward a few videos that would show you what's wrong with the internet. But then I'd be banned.

People just love complaining about shit. That's all.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By polydeukes

@Slaker117 said:

People are complaining about a game getting an 8 out of 10? I'll have to double check my math, but that seems like a pretty good score...

It's probably the lowest score it's gotten so far, as well!

Most developers would dream for UC3's critical reception.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Slaker117

I have to admit though, the idea that a publication is trolling for hits by giving Uncharted a "pathetic" score of eight out of ten is pretty fucking hilarious. The world these people live in.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Crash_Happy

@Milkman: It's the herd mentality, you get it everywhere but it's magnified on the internet.

penINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By penINC

@Slaker117 said:

I have to admit though, the idea that a publication is trolling for hits by giving Uncharted a "pathetic" score of eight out of ten is pretty fucking hilarious. The world these people live in.

You remember 8.8?

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By landon

@Kazona said:

I lol'd
    SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpencerTucksen

@Slaker117 said:

I'd be shocked if it weren't ALMOST a good idea.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By N7

Man. Have you guys ever noticed how much Eric Clapton looks just like Kevin Costner?

pizzafreak360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

@Slaker117 said:

Thats why point-systems to rate games are stupid ... even the 5-Star rating on GB. I wish everyone would ditch that and just write a review and maybe a list with some pro's and con's.

Tbh. I was at some point hoping that GB would kill the rating system but thats probably too much to ask.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, making fun of other forums doesn't strike me as particularly mature either. Just sayin'.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Lunar_Aura

stopped reading when you said neogaf

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Slaker117
    @penINC: Never forget.

@SpencerTucksen: I can see the logic behind a smaller site giving a popular game a negative review just to score some more hits off of enraged fanboys, but there are too problems with that here. First, while not the largest site, Eurogamer isn't small. I'm sure anybody likes a traffic spike, but they have very little to gain from a one time boost of the relatively small number of people who would care. Second, 8/10 is not a bad score. At all. And if people read the text of the review, they would see it's very even handed. While the reviewer has a number of issues with the game's design choices, he understands why they were made, and he does like a lot of things they accomplish with their design philosophy. If they're trolling, they're doing a pretty shitty job at it.
    BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By BraveToaster

@Milkman said:

And if I had to read this crap, I'm going to inflict my misery on the rest of you people.

Why did you have to read it?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@atomic_dumpling said:
    You know, making fun of other forums doesn't strike me as particularly mature either. Just sayin'.
    This, a million times this.

I prefer OMG THIS GAME IS SO GOOD threads over LOL FANBOYZ threads nowadays, seriously.
    Leave, people, be.
    Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Masha2932

This is indicative of people looking at the score and not reading the review. If you read the Eurogamer review the criticisms they raise are similar to those in the 9/10 to 10/10 reviews. I don't know the Eurogamer reviewer personally but I'm sure he is a professional and is not 'trolling' as people are claiming. 

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@Masha2932 said:

This is indicative of people looking at the score and not reading the review. If you read the Eurogamer review the criticisms they raise are similar to those in the 9/10 to 10/10 reviews. I don't know the Eurogamer reviewer personally but I'm sure he is a professional and is not 'trolling' as people are claiming.

Eurogamer tends to be more critical than American outlets. An eight out of ten from them means it's a very damn good game.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By inkerman
    @2HeadedNinja said:

@Slaker117 said:

Thats why point-systems to rate games are stupid ... even the 5-Star rating on GB. I wish everyone would ditch that and just write a review and maybe a list with some pro's and con's.

Tbh. I was at some point hoping that GB would kill the rating system but thats probably too much to ask.

There are advantages to it. While it does spur this kind of BS, it's useful for people to quickly assess a game at a glance, and as an aggregate for things like Metacritic (which I believe some game publishers use to determine bonuses paid to developers). While a review may provide the how and whys of why a game is good, it's the overall rating or score which tells people it's good vs it's bad. 
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Cincaid

@Pr1mus: Yeah, apparently they're doing to Kevin VanOrd like they did with Jeff over his 8.8 review to that Zelda game. Kevin tweeted earlier about getting death threats e-mailed to him.

@fiddlecubKevin VanOrd

Death threats over a review? Oh goodie.

@fiddlecubKevin VanOrd

I adore our readers for allowing me to do what I love for a living. But they are making it terribly, terribly hard this week.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MikeGosot

This is the best line, so far: 

The Lamp:

When a game comes this close to perfection you have to come up with silly reasons to criticize it.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowConqueror

8.8!?!?! ZELDA IS AMAZING! JEFF GERSTMANN DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!

Same thing, right?

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@2HeadedNinja said:

@Slaker117 said:

I will never hope for the complete abolition of review scores. There are countless amazing games I might never have taken a second look at, because why would I want to read a lengthy review of a game I'd barely heard of? A game that may not translate well to a quick description and some screenshots. A good review score will pique my interest and get me to read on about what makes it so good.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Thank you for this thread and link. It's beautiful beyond belief. The scary aspect of all this shit is: how far have I degenerated towards this level? Probably a lot further than I'd like to admit - given the right game and context :|

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EVO

@SpunkyHePanda said:

A good review score will pique my interest and get me to read on about what makes it so good.

What about a bad review score? Could that deter you from reading about it, even though you might actually enjoy the game?

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By haggis

Ditching the ratings system would be ideal for a lot of reasons, but it would have the effect of making GB insignificant to publishers looking to boost their release-date Metacritic score. As useful as Metacritic is, it has exacerbated already-existing problems with video game reviews. I don't even look at the score anymore. If I'm interested in a game, I read the whole review. The score means very little to me. I know that's not true of everyone. Maybe a simple thumbs up or thumbs down would be better, just to give a general sense of the reviewer's opinion of the game. Somehow I think Metacritic would still turn it into a number, though. :/

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By time allen

review scores are retarded and so are people who take them seriously. case closed, son.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ravenlight

Eurogamer? Their scores are metric. An 8 there is like a 9.5 here.

Stingraymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stingraymond

Yeah that 'failing UK game industry' that just announced GTAV which will inevitably be one of the best-selling games ever produced...

That's some mighty ignorance right there.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpunkyHePanda

@EVO said:

@SpunkyHePanda said:

A good review score will pique my interest and get me to read on about what makes it so good.

What about a bad review score? Could that deter you from reading about it, even though you might actually enjoy the game?

I don't think it would deter me, no. If I'm interested in the game, I'd want to see what the reviewer did or didn't like about it. If I'm not interested in the game, a bad review score would have the same effect as no review score at all; I just wouldn't read the review.

A lot of people will argue that ditching review scores will make the reviews more meaningful. I disagree. If anything, I think the reviews would become less meaningful. Most people will not bother to read reviews for every single game; they will read reviews for games they are already interested in. A great deal of those people will be buying the game regardless. But when some fresh, obscure game comes along and starts getting 9s and 10s across the board, you'll get a lot of people going, "Hey, what's this about?" and then reading up on it to see what makes it great.

Furthermore, without review scores, it might not be enough to read just one or two reviews to justify your $60 purchase. Maybe the review you read is the only glowing review out there, and everyone else hates it. Suddenly, it becomes a lot of effort to figure out whether you want to buy that game or not. The score should not be the be-all and end-all, but I think it's definitely important.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Quick. Throw something shiny to distract all the trolls on NeoGAF 

But really..they are that upset over digits? I mean...first off its 2 numbers and O NO SOMEONE GAVE THE GAME I LOVE 2 POINTS LOWER THEN PERFECT... 

So how did they all react when those asses where sabotaging the Bastion scores? Is metacrtic that important to them? 

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PokeIkzai

Fanboys will be fanboys. It's not surprising.

dragonzord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dragonzord

@Milkman said:

I'm just incredibly thankful that this kind of stuff doesn't happen here

Should I pull up the Marvel vs Capcom review or the BlazBlue review?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gabriel

@zoner said:

@Milkman said:

I already put up the ME2 Gamespot shitstorm I think that one says it all.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I know how you feel dude, although i don't interact with fanboys that much. But go on youtube (or almost anywhere on the web), you can really meet some stupid, ignorant people. And the fact that they make me mad, is what makes me the bigger idiot.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TomA

If you name your thread something so drastic, you better deliver on people's expectations when they click on it. Stating that the internet is wrong because of people's reaction to a review is blasphemy. There are plenty of bad things on the internet, but nothing wrong with the web itself. It's the people that use it, and how they do so, that causes problems.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By imsh_pl

Oh wow

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By McShank

Cant wait for GB's score to come and it magically hits a 4/5.. Wonder if people would go ape shit over that score also..

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Wikitoups

@2HeadedNinja said:

@Slaker117 said:

People would them complain about the pros and cons

Honestly If your very interested in the game, buy it. I get that $60 is kinda alot to spend on games but you should get it if your very interested in the game. Not sure? wait for a price drop ( or game of the year/complete edition).

Review Numbers? Just go with Bad, Good, Great.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MikkaQ

@McShank said:

Cant wait for GB's score to come and it magically hits a 4/5.. Wonder if people would go ape shit over that score also..

Uh, it's been reviewed a few days ago. 5/5.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Milkman

@zoner said:

@Milkman said:

If you think either one of those was as bad as this, you're kidding yourself.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Milkman
    Suedehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Suedehead

Keep in mind these people are complaining about review scores for a game that they haven't even played yet.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mnzy

The thing is...I agree with the points Eurogamer raised. The cinematification(?) of games is absolutely not my thing and nobody seems to acknowledge its downsides. And they didn't either, they merely mentioned it.

Also, many gamers are the type that want to be hyped all the time about new releases. They suck up hype up like a sponge. It's pretty insane what anticipation for something like a game can achieve and how it basically destroys the ability to be objective.

And I'm not talking about NeoGAF here, it's everywhere. You'll see when Giantbomb gave BF3 and MW3 their scores.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.