Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Uncharted 3 and blue people (SPOILERS)

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

On last week's Bombcast, it was really funny when Jeff asked if there are any super-natural combat twists in Uncharted 3, like the blue people in Uncharted 2 or the Spaniards in Drake's Fortune. And then Ryan jokingly suggested that this time, there are actually red people, and Brad went all silent. Hahaha... genius.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Well they're not really red... I mean it's only their head that goes all Ghost Rider and that's fire-y orange.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

it's kind of funny that there actually isn't anything supernatural going on in this one... cept, maybe the spiders. 

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By buzz_killington

@Marz said:

it's kind of funny that there actually isn't anything supernatural going on in this one... cept, maybe the spiders.
    Everything else was just hallucinations caused by the "artifact" instead of actual monsters in the game.

That was actually kind of cool, that they chose to not show the supernatural and let it remain unknown and buried.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

@Marz said:

Everything else was just hallucinations caused by the "artifact" instead of actual monsters in the game.

Yeah, the twist was there wasn't actually a supernatural twist. :o

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By jeanluc  Staff
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ninjakiller

@wasteguru: Meh, my guess it's just some spoiled ergot grain.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karl_Boss
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I wonder if Jeff will get past the ghost riders?

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By hollitz

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I don't like saying negative things about people that I respect so much, but if an enemy that takes more hits to kill than other enemies makes you stop playing a game, then you're looking for a reason to stop playing it. That being said, the red guys were easier than the blue guys.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By huntad

@hollitz: I thought the blue guys were easier than the red guys. The blue guys just needed about 2 crossbow shots to kill. The red guys need around 2-3 sniper/revolver shots and they teleport around. I was absolutely hating that part of the game.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By ventilaator
    @hollitz said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I don't like saying negative things about people that I respect so much, but if an enemy that takes more hits to kill than other enemies makes you stop playing a game, then you're looking for a reason to stop playing it. That being said, the red guys were easier than the blue guys.

There's a difference between "taking more hits to kill" and "Making you empty every clip of every weapon you have to kill just one, but there are like three"

(Unless you thought to use the crossbow of course)
    peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By peacebrother

There were grenade launchers and Tau snipers every time they showed up. They took 2 grenade launcher rounds, or two Tau shots. At least they did on normal.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Ghostiet
    @wasteguru said:

@Marz said:

Fits with the whole "Deception" theme.
    hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By hollitz

@huntad: I used the SAS to get them into Fire mode and then one shot from the sniper-revolver thing took them out. Worked like a charm on Hard mode, can't speak to Crushing though.

BatmanReturned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatmanReturned

Since the twist is on discussion anyone else pissed you never find out whats actually in the "djinni bottle" thats causing the hallucinations? I felt kind of cheated when they just totally remove it from the equation at the end.

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By peacebrother

@BatmanReturned said:

Since the twist is on discussion anyone else pissed you never find out whats actually in the "djinni bottle" thats causing the hallucinations? I felt kind of cheated when they just totally remove it from the equation at the end.

I thought it was smart that they didn't actually reveal what it was. It would have either been supernatural, or a boring old "spoiled ergot" as someone said above. Leave it a mystery, and I think it's more interesting.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By Milkman

@hollitz said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

The blue guys were really annoying. I think to just stop playing the game is a little dumb but I can definitely see why he got frustrated. The red guys or ghost rider dudes or whatever in this game were pretty annoying as well but it's a much shorter sequence then Uncharted 2 so I think Jeff will probably power through this time.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @huntad said:

@hollitz: I thought the blue guys were easier than the red guys. The blue guys just needed about 2 crossbow shots to kill. The red guys need around 2-3 sniper/revolver shots and they teleport around. I was absolutely hating that part of the game.

The crossbow ammo wasn't THAT accessible, and there were RPGs all over the God damn place to kill the red guys.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#21  Edited By spazmaster666

I don't think the red guys are that much of a hassle at all in UC3. I actually breezed through that part and was surprised at how easy the ending level was compared to some of the earlier settings (i.e. that one particular level before the cruise ship for instance). I was using the SPAS-12 at the time and they went down pretty quickly.

shenstra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By shenstra

I found the red guys pretty challenging on normal (note: I'm not that good at shooty shooty games). One particular battle (around two fountains, after fighting through the market) had me almost rage quitting because the enemies nearly eviscerated me before I could get my hands on the RPG on the left side, which had enough ammo to take out one-and-a-half to two of them. Then you can move on counter-clockwise to get a grenade launcher to take out the rest. The thing is, when there's a bunch of red guys, they can take you out very quickly and once one or two of them start teleporting around, you're pretty much dead. Or at least I am. I have to take them out hard and fast. Two RPGs/grenades in the face can kill them before they start teleporting.

As for quitting the game, that seems like a huge waste. The blue guys showed up a bit sooner than the red guys (as did the gray guys in UDF I think), but if you find them too much of a hassle to deal with, you can drop the difficulty to (very) easy and breeze through the end of the game. The Uncharted games are all good enough to warrant finishing them, even if you have to do so at a lower difficulty.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#23  Edited By sjschmidt93

Well there really wasn't anything supernatural, Drake just hallucinated all the crazy stuff.

Aside from the dead guy in France which kind of forshadowed a curse or something.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By fetchfox

I also got used to using the arrows quite fast, and as long you keep running around the map you can deal with most enemies. Tt was sort of a copout that the water (or what was in it) made people all crazy just like the sap in Shambhala made the indians immortal and... blue. @SJSchmidt93: The dead guy was killed by the spiders, think "the Mummy" and how the scarabs killed by sucking you dry.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scotto

At least the demon guys in UC3 are just the result of Drake hallucinating (though it makes no difference to the player, since you've still got to fight them), so their appearance is justified. The blue guys in UC2 were just horse shit, regardless of the attempt to justify their existence through pseudo-scientific pap.

Thankfully, the "demon guys" aren't around for long. Having to kill the same guy three times while he warps around the map, is annoying.

- Scott

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By polydeukes

I was pleasantly surprised at how short a time the red guys hung around for, both in the story and in existence. Especially with all those grenades, rockets and hand grenades I sent their way! The most two hit kills I had for the entire game. :)

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By Rekt_Hed
    @wasteguru said:

@Marz said:

seemed to me like some ancient dudes had just figured out how to make really bad acid XD  

Would have been interesting if drake got captured one more time and the old woman explained how the fuck she was gonna use bad acid to rule the world.  

Also didnt it bug anyone that drake and sully didnt trip out after having their eyes open i nthe water????  I mean they didnt swallow it but water on your eyes still means it gets into your body doesnt it!?
    korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By korolev

Yeah, found the "Red" guys much easier than the Blue Guys. With the fire-heads, they might teleport but they also sometimes keep their distance and allow you to take cover and they use their guns. It's hectic, but it feels like you are fighting slightly faster regular enemies. I can deal with that. With the Blue Guys or Guardians or whatever they're called, you can take them out with physical attacks, provided that you start fighting them before the get the flames coming out of their heads. And there are grenade launchers around to kill them and they have far less health than the Blue Guys. Plus, the Blue Guys were really nerve wracking because they would always follow you and you had to run constantly and if they got anywhere near you, you were a dead man.

polydeukes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By polydeukes

@Rekt_Hed said:

Also didnt it bug anyone that drake and sully didnt trip out after having their eyes open i nthe water???? I mean they didnt swallow it but water on your eyes still means it gets into your body doesnt it!?

Naughty Dog got around this by establishing that Sully washing his face at the fountain wasn't enough to trip him out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.