Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Uncharted 3 demo looked really good but short.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By awesomeusername

And Jimmy Fallon looked like he was fighting with the controller more then the bad guys. He talked about how he played Uncharted 2 and his wife thought it was a movie and was amazed by it. I doubt that and him playing the demo made me wonder if he even played Uncharted 2. Hmmmm...

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By IBurningStar

He might have played it on the easiest setting and it might have taken him several, several attempt to clear almost every section.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I wouldn't say it was too short. Considering how far off the game is they were very generous with how much they did show off. 

I also lol'd at the melee animations.. definitely need some work on that front ;P

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By awesomeusername
    @IBurningStar said:
    " He might have played it on the easiest setting and it might have taken him several, several attempt to clear almost every section. "
    Probably. 

@Abyssfull said:
    " I wouldn't say it was too short. Considering how far off the game is they were very generous with how much they did show off.  I also lol'd at the melee animations.. definitely need some work on that front ;P "
    I guess you're right and you're definitely right about the melee! 
    Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Portis

Well, Uncharted 2 did come out over a year ago. 

It's not out of the realm of possibility that he played through it close to release and never touched it again. A year is a long time, when I've been away from a game that long and tried to play again I normally had to relearn the controls, too.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#6  Edited By tearhead
    @awesomeusername said:

" And Jimmy Fallon looked like he was fighting with the controller more then the bad guys. He talked about how he played Uncharted 2 and his wife thought it was a movie and was amazed by it. I doubt that and him playing the demo made me wonder if he even played Uncharted 2. Hmmmm... "

Yeah... And how the fuck didn't he know that R1 is shoot??

Also, for those who missed it:

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Kjellm87

Nathan should come to Norway next time. Lots of stuff to climb on here,
    game looks good, I love desert settings (not many seems to agree on me on that for some reason)

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By XenoNick

Game looks pretty cool. I think they'll do some good stuff with the desert setting.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Pie

Demo looked to have loads of scripted moments (floor collapsing, foot getting stuck, falling off banister), looked real pretty and looked like the "rollercoaster" ride 2 was. Those melee moves obviously need some work but im sure they'll get around to it. 
    Can't wait

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Sooperspy

You guys are saying Fallon sucked (which he did), but the developer guy was horrible, too. Looks amazing though.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By RedRoach

It's not as cinematic when someone is fumbling their way through it.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By frankxiv

that melee was some wacky shit, but i liked that they just kinda let it ride and didn't cut it instantly and go LIVE DEMO FOLKS

Mechwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mechwing

MAN that demo did look great. wish it was longer. actually NO that would mean more spoilers. can't wait for it to come out. *see what i did there?* :/

Belmont_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Belmont_Shadow

Uncharted 2 is amazing. Don't take his "best franchise" comment literally, the guy is a casual gamer who only said that for the intro. God people are so fucking stupid. And this game will be awesome.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By monkeyking1969

Everyone on that stage seemed nervous, I thought they whole thing was going to bomb as they fumbled thinking what to say.  Yet Jimmy turns it around by hammering away on the French accent.  And,  Christophe, thankfully, plays along because instead of annunciating the English words to be more clear, he makes his accent even more unintelligible by the end. 

I love Uncharted but I don't think that footage did the game series any justice.  A burning house might not reveal much of the story, which is what they don't want to do this early, but I think that game play sequence was not very interesting at all.  If Jimmy had not made that joke the whole thing would have bombed and the games image would have been in the dumper.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Hamz

The trolling stops now. I've just had to clean up a complete shitstorm of a mess in here because people can't restrain themselves and have to try and pick flaws with something that other people enjoy. 

If all you can do is sit on the boards shitting all over things that other people like because it gives you some high then I strongly, strongly suggest you find another website to do it on because we won't stand for it here.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By awesomeusername
    @Hamz: THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.