Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Advice?

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Daroki

So I don't know if it's just that I started but I get the feeling like my opponents are complete bullet sponges while if anyone gets the drop on me, it's respawn time. Is there some advice someone can give to a person who doesn't want to feel like such a drag every time they play the multiplayer? Do I need to hold my scope higher to start headshotting people faster? Should I just do some Co-Op or Objective stuff so that I can be of use to my team while trying to figure it out? Do I need to do the run up, blindfire, and punch thing to play competitively? Is it just that I haven't played other online multiplayer shooters so I'm just going to be behind? I'm just looking for ways not to suck so much and feel like I'm dragging my team down.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By buzz_killington

If you're like me (i.e. bad at shooting people), play Team-Objective. I usually end each game with like 5 kills and 14 deaths, but I'm consistently finishing the top player on my team. That mode is about being good at the traversal and being smart, more than just twitch shooting, which I really like.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

@Daroki: At this point in its lifetime it's definitely going to have a learning curve; many people played U2 religiously, and of course there were 2 MP Uncharted 3 betas before hand as well. Far as the aiming works and how the guns feel, it's just something you have to learn by playing and picking up all the traits and styles with which you can use them. I've played so much myself that I can almost instinctively tell how many bullets it'll take to down someone (not by specific number or anything, just judging by how long you've been shooting the guy). But there's no real science to getting good, really. Uncharted 3 is still a relatively simple game, a 3rd person shooter like many others out there.

The Tips I can give are pretty basic stuff; Aiming at a players torso is probably best since the recoil may invariably line up your shots with the head anyway, and always remember you can drop grenades whilst your rolling/jumping. Blind-firing is a solid strategy if you're able to weave throughout the environment well enough, but that, too, requires time to perfect when you can better distinguish how many bullets you should fire before finishing with a melee strike. It could also be that you haven't found a weapon you're most comfortable with. If you generally like blasting folks down with an assault rifle, I'd advise that you instead play through the coop stuff until you reach level 16 and unlock the M9. Very reliable and a solid all-rounder weapon.

Overall, though, Uncharted 3's multiplayer is at the point where the victors are naturally always the players who have already invested so much time that the entire feel and the mechanics of the game are wired into their brain. I wouldn't recommend you just outright give up on the competitive, though, and instead give it a little more time for it all to settle in; learn the tropes of the maps, the locations of the Power Weapons, better understand the weapons and damage outputs. You're more than likely going to have put up with some low K/D ratios, but you can also play through plunder and team objective to at least act more as a supporting player and could customise your boosters & kickbacks accordingly. Plunder and Team Objective is most importantly a great way to hone your skills with the weapons because the matches are naturally so chaotic, with everyone almost always preoccupied with something allowing you to get the drop on them, if you play with some stealth and hang back a bit.

A few more tips: Don't use cover unless for example you're trying to regenerate your health (and naturally no one's around) or if you're in a lock with another player; blind-firing over cover can be surprisingly effective and is a lot more accurate that you might believe. Instead of using cover, you should simply take cover the old-fashioned way and stand behind it manually, so you can then shift the camera more fluidly to allow a better perspective, while having the freedom of movement instead of being glued to a wall. Also if you see someone hanging, waiting to try and pull you down, grenades work just as well as if he was standing up. Plus you could also just sprint at him and kick him off with the square button; it works like 9/10 times because your kick is not only your contextual melee attack, but also your counter to his own contextual pull-down attack. So you definitely have the advantage should that arise.

Anywhoo like I said, because Uncharted 3's MP is still relatively simple, it's tough to actually describe to someone how they can better improve themselves because it's all built around simply getting used to the maps, weapons and so forth. Still, I hope what I've wrote will benefit you in some way and will help make things a little less bothersome.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By X19
    @Daroki: Duder the stickied thread at the top of this forum you should check out.

I'm working on more content but check out the tips & advice section.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.