Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 01, 2011

On an expedition to find the mythical "Atlantis of the Sands" in the heart of the Arabian Desert, Nathan Drake and his partner, Victor Sullivan, encounter a deceptive organization led by a ruthless dictator. Terrible secrets unfold, causing Drake's quest to descend into a bid for survival.

What are your overall thoughts after beating the game? (spoilers)

• 57 results
    CommonReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By CommonReason

I honestly would have liked it if Sully had died. The weight of that scene was such a big moment in the story for me. I felt a little cheated when it was flipped around soon after though. I really enjoyed Uncharted 3, but it didn't leave me with the same sense of awe that 2 did. The engine is solid and all the little details are great, I just think a little more time might have allowed some more major gameplay changes.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By toowalrus

Finally got around to finishing it- not bad. I still think Uncharted 2 was better in just about every way (although I loved the setpieces in this one- the shipyard, airplane, and caravan were all amazing). I'm kind of bummed they never got around to opening the bronze urn, I was excited to see all hell break loose- seemed a little anti-climatic.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By toowalrus

Although I will say that I'm not experiencing any of that "Uncharted Fatigue", I'll happily play Golden Abyss (if I actually buy a Vita- I still don't even have a 3DS).

gesi1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By gesi1223

After reading a bunch of these posts, I see a lot of people saying the story was a little lack luster. I thought it was alright, but it did feel unfinished compared to 2. I also had some frustration during combat parts due to dying all the time from enemies seeming like they're appearing behind me, or getting bombarded by dead eyes with RPGs/Grenade Launchers. I'm a little anxious to play on Crushing for that trophy.

This game was really great, but I think Naughty Dog spent most of their efforts trying to get all that Multiplayer Content into the game, forcing the Story to nearly take a back seat. I think it's cool ND wants to really improve the Uncharted multiplayer, I think its great fun and pretty refreshing in a sea of FPS console shooters. I just hope if they make an Uncharted 4 they focus more on getting that great storytelling back from 2, while keeping that really nice UC3 MP mode for afterward.

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By Keeng

Personally speaking, I honestly think it's the best game I've ever played. The story has some emotional high points that the previous games don't and it provides backstory: something Uncharted has always lacked. It expanded on characters we love, while introducing new ones. It's a lot less predictable than the second game and no part of the story falls flat ever, unlike the final chapters of Uncharted and Uncharted 2. And JESUS, those action scenes... Along with all that, the shooting situations set it far above any other shooter I've played and the AI is second to none. They fight like they are trying to kill you instead of like video game enemies. So much flanking!

I guess I do see what people dislike but all of U3 just rubbed me the right ways. Blew me away from start to finish.

hemmelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By hemmelight

Uncharted 2 is probably my most favourite game. Ever. I loved the hell out of U2.

My main gripe with this entry was the ridiculous aiming mechanic (how can you screw that up?) that they shipped with on release. Thank god they gave us a patch for the alternate (normal) aiming mode because if they didn't then I don't think I would have finished this one. It was that bad. I played up to London Underground and after the first major gunfight in the train station I put the game down for two weeks. Then, I read about the patch that fixed the aiming, got that, and then started to enjoy the game. It felt like ND completely cut out diagonal movement and thought 'Meh, ship it anyway'.

I thought the story was interesting but left too may questions unanswered, personally.

Why was Talbot never really explained? I understand the drug-tipped darts, but Talbot was never given any backstory or motivation. I was waiting to see why he and Marlowe were working together or how he kept appearing out of nowhere, but nothing happened.

I appreciated seeing all the old characters come back, as well. I still want to see more regarding Drake and Elena, though. Were they actually married? Why is Elena suddenly off into the world again instead of traveling with Nate and Sully?

For some reason I thought the visuals were much less impressive this time around. In U2 I was blown away by the train sequence and rainy Nepal. Also the jungle of Borneo.

While walking around in Colombia and the forest around the Chateau I thought that the sun was WAY too bright and really made it hard to see much of anything. U2 handled it perfectly, IMO (see Borneo).

Another user mentioned the lack of motion blur this time around. I feel like that would have helped immensely. I really hope that the 3D crap doesn't return. I really could not care less, if it means that the normal graphics are going to take a hit.

Some thing I would love to see next time around is for the sprint mechanic from the multiplayer to make it into the campaign. If only because running in circles trying to find cover in a massive gunfight - only for me to die because Drake is too damn slow - is beyond annoying.

Anyway, I know it seems like I really hated the game - quite the contrary. I just felt that Naughty Dog tried to fix some things that just weren't broken. In the meantime I'll be in multiplayer for a good long time. I never was much of a competitive shooter player since the days of Halo 2, but I think that I can really put some serious hours into this game. When playing the beta I had an absolute blast when doing well. :)

cstrfrk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By cstrfrk

@huntad said:

That it's a shame that there are no cheats/weapons/costumes to unlock and use for a second playthrough.

Probably my biggest disappointment with this one. I really liked being able to 'mirror' the game for a second playthrough. There is literally no incentive to play through this game again. Not sure why they decided to omit these extras. It was fun, but when I got this, I also got Arkham City. When I was playing through UC3 I found myself saying "God I wish I could just grapple up there and glide" LOL.

The desert level with wandering was a pointless tech demo. It's almost like Naughty Dog was saying "look what we can do" for that portion.

The only WOW moment for me was the cruise ship level with the water effects. Epic!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.