What is your favourite competitive multiplayer mode?

#1 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

#2 Edited by Hizang (8532 posts) -

So what is your favourite multiplayer mode that is not co-op?

Mine is Three Team Deathmatch.

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

I know it might sound boring but so far I'm loving Free For All. All I have to do is worry about myself and I've come damn close to winning sometimes. Also I love getting the vanishing ability, running into a group of guys to kill a bunch of them and when it gets too hot disappear.

#4 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Team Objective for sure, I really didn't have much interest in anything other than standard deathmatch until TNT last week though. Once I saw how it all worked I became pretty hooked on it and how varied it gets. Pretty much the one thing I couldn't get from a Gears game, I believe.

Three Team Deathmatch is essentially Wingman from the Gears series, right?

#5 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Team Objective is really fun, because I'm not really that awesome at shooting.

#6 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@Zenaxzd said:

Team Objective for sure, I really didn't have much interest in anything other than standard deathmatch until TNT last week though. Once I saw how it all worked I became pretty hooked on it and how varied it gets. Pretty much the one thing I couldn't get from a Gears game, I believe.

Three Team Deathmatch is essentially Wingman from the Gears series, right?

Its 6 people and 3 teams, its pretty well done especially with the buddy system in place. It sucks when you have a guy who decides to do his own thing though.

#7 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2721 posts) -

Team Objective is the best, but I find myself playing TDM the most.

#8 Posted by MEATBALL (3244 posts) -

I've found myself defaulting to Team Deathmatch, probably because I don't have to think about it too much, but I'd probably say I enjoy Plunder or Team Objective more.

#9 Posted by Yummylee (21656 posts) -

Team Objective easily, since it's multiple modes in one. Three Team Deathmatch can be pretty stellar when you're playing with someone you know, too. I enjoy all modes, though I really wish there was more variety; I mean 4 out of 6 are all deathmatch variants. I'm curious to know what happened to that High Stakes mode ND were talking about prior to release. It was meant to be regular ass TDM but with the added twist of betting your own in-game currency on who won the match. I imagine they opted to cut it since it could more than likely be exploited pretty easily

#10 Posted by Tacoboy1986 (143 posts) -

Its between team objective and three team deathmatch. I'm having more fun with the multiplayer than I originally thought I would. Shooting still kind of bugs me though.

#11 Posted by Ulong (445 posts) -

Team objective is deffinatly the best mode. It's very fast based, and the constant medley of switching between objective types keeps a match from feeling stale. 

To be fair I havent done three team death match or hunter arena much though, those are so obviously designed to be played with a buddy and not a random person, and I don't have any friends into trying the uncharted multiplayer sadly.

Team deathmatch is fun to play sometimes just for variety between runs of objectives. I have 2 major problems with team deathmatch though :
1. Some of the maps are too big and verticle for deathmatch. Maps like the hotel rooftops, you spend alot of time wandering around looking for people. Those maps work in team objecties cause everyone's getting corraled the right way. 
2. Power plays are silly comeback mechanic, no power play in team objective.

#12 Edited by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

Plunder is my favorite by far because there are strategies for winning if you coordinate. For example if someone has the treasure you run out into the open, pop some shots into the air and run away like a madman while you are chased and your team member retrieves the treasure. I'm not too big on competitive but i play this mode just as much as i play co-op.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.