Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

Todd Stashwick no longer involved with Uncharted.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

lol

What is going on with this game? Now sure, recasts and such no doubt happen all the time, but with Amy Hennig being 'forced out', Justin Richmond moving on--both of whom were creative leads for this new Uncharted--only now for the trailer voice guy to get cut? I don't want to look at this overly negatively or with a pinch of paranoia or anything, but they haven't exactly been setting the best image for themselves lately. Funnily enough this was to have been Stashwick's first video game credit. Though on that note it's still worth keeping his page up anywhoo for the sake of his trailer voice over work I think.

I am real curious to see if this thing'll show up at E3. Be nice to have some solid confirmation thattaway as to whether this thing will even be a thing.

Also, er, Nate Wells--the lead artist for The Last of Us--has left Naughty Dog recently as well.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm pretty sure the "being forced out" part of the Amy Hennig story was stated to be false. As for the other people leaving? Well Naughty Dog became super famous last generation, so it makes sense that other companies want to absorb some of their talent when starting this new generation. These people are probably getting offers they can't refuse.

Avatar image for exiledastronaut
    ExiledAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe Naughty Dog has been Naughty to their employees :0

But really, what the hell's going on over there?

MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MindBullet

I'd attribute it to them restructuring before they dive into the new generation of consoles. I mean, if they were ever gonna do it I'd say now would be the most likely time for it.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Soon even Nolan North won't be in this game!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dixavd said:

Soon even Nolan North won't be in this game!

Here's hoping!

...No seriously I really don't want another Nathan Drake-led Uncharted game. At most maybe put him in there as a cameo or something... voiced by Keifer Sutherland.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Something that definitely shouldn't be overlooked is that Stashwick signed on with Visceral/EA to write their upcoming Star Wars game along with Amy Hennig. It may be that Naughty Dog wasn't too keen on having one of their main cast members committed to another project, especially with the way they are constantly bringing people back to the mocap studio to record new scenes and such. Naughty Dog's method for recording mocap and voice is a lot more involved and long term than the standard "one and done" recording sessions most studios go with, so this isn't that surprising.

If you remember Uncharted 3, the actor the played Cutter was cast in the Hobbit and the character had to be basically be written out halfway through the game. I would imagine they're trying to avoid a similar situation with the next game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee

@ll_exile_ll: Hmm sure, that actually makes a lot of sense when you lay it out like that. Sucks about Graham McTavish now that you bring him up; two Hobbit movies and he's just as interchangeable as all of the rest of the dwarf characters pretty much. Except he... has a bit more of a temper I suppose. So, guess you could say he's the ''grumpy'' of the group. As of now I would have much rather see him stay for the long haul as Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 3, but then I'm sure the pay for something like starring in the Hobbit trilogy series isn't something that's easy to turn down...

Also, contracts ect. most likely.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Geez. Curious to see this game revealed...

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm getting the impression that the game must be pretty early in development if they can/are willing to pretty much redesign and recast the whole damn thing. It's only surprising to me since I had assumed that they were further along in development because of how long it's been since Uncharted 3 came out but I guess you never know how things are gonna go with game development. Either way, I'd highly doubt we see any footage of this game until next year (well okay, maybe like 10 seconds of footage in a teaser trailer but who cares about that).

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I imagine there would be a lot of tension between Amy Hennig's friend/writing parter and Naughty Dog.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.