Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 19, 2007

Become Nathan Drake, a treasure hunter and descendant of famed explorer Sir Francis Drake as he searches for the lost treasure of El Dorado.

Uncharted: Most Underappreciated game of this generation so far?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By turboman

As I'm playing Uncharted for the 3rd time through the story(trophies ofcoarse), I'm starting to realise how much I really love this game and how great it really is. Sure, it went up against stiff competition when it was released with Bioshock, Halo, Call of Duty, Rock Band last year, but just about everything in the game is really amazingly done and there are very few complaints I can come up with, which is really nitpicky stuff(needs more exploring like the first level, exploding barrels everywhere)...

maybe it's because I just got back from the beautiful country of Honduras to really appreciate the look of the mountains and old ruins, but the game is just amazing to look at and never gets old, the story is fantastic, it's really fun, the voice actors are spot on, etc..

I can't wait for the next one, maybe they'll do it like they're doing with Ratchet and make a PSN expansion(PLEASE!)

MatsSundin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MatsSundin

yeah i agree but you have to realize the time that it came out in. Holidays of 07 can be arguably considered one of the best holidays periods for gaming. Halo 3, Call of duty, Mass effect and many other amazing games came out, that left Uncharted being overlooked especailly since it was single player only game.

kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kilzombie

I wouldn't say Underappreciated, now I remember when I first saw this game over a year ago, and my first thought was "oh this is Tomb Raider with a dude instead..."  But it got positive reveiws all around I think, and it is an amazing game. One thing I hated was that the puzzle-solving bits and the fighting bits seemed unbalanced, because usually, when I want to take in the pretty visuals, I can't, because I kept getting shot. I hope they balance that out in the next uncharted.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By crunchUK

i myself don't thinkm it's so incredible. and these days you can't not have a multiplayer with that short of a single player

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By suneku

It's definitely a great game that doesn't get as much love as it should... probably because it's a dude instead of a hot chick.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By turboman
    crunchUK said:
    "i myself don't thinkm it's so incredible. and these days you can't not have a multiplayer with that short of a single player"
    I think a multiplayer wouldn't fit with Uncharted's gameplay, the only reason gears works is because of the cool guns and over the top violence, an Uncharted online mode would just be bland IMO

The game is great because of the single player adventure it takes you through.....

and when you think about it, the adventure and story is more entertaining then the last Indiana Jones movie... so suck it Lucas...
    Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kratos81

I was going to make a tread about this a well, I was thinking the same thing. When I first played and beat the game, there were so many new games coming out that i beat it and traded it in. Didnt think I would want to play it again, wasnt really impressed at the time. I rebought it a few days ago, we are in a gaming drought. I am enjoying the game a hell of alot more this time, it is a really good game and should have been a AAA game everywhere. 

MatsSundin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By MatsSundin
    TurboMan said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "i myself don't thinkm it's so incredible. and these days you can't not have a multiplayer with that short of a single player"
    I think a multiplayer wouldn't fit with Uncharted's gameplay, the only reason gears works is because of the cool guns and over the top violence, an Uncharted online mode would just be bland IMO

The game is great because of the single player adventure it takes you through.....

and when you think about it, the adventure and story is more entertaining then the last Indiana Jones movie... so suck it Lucas..."
    They could make a nice Co-op mode though might be worth considering
    temperedvortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By temperedvortex
    MatsSundin said:
    "TurboMan said:
    "crunchUK said:

and when you think about it, the adventure and story is more entertaining then the last Indiana Jones movie... so suck it Lucas..."
    They could make a nice Co-op mode though might be worth considering"

co-op would be a nice addition to the sequel and a versus mode would not fit very well.
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

I don't think it was underappreciated at all. I think it was a bit overrated actually. I found the story and presentation to be great (except the way the story concluded of course)...but the combat was awful and I really hated everything I had to shoot guys.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By AndrewGaspar

It sold really well. I don't think it's under appreciated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.