Is it just me or...

#1 Posted by popmasterruler (570 posts) -

does it feel like Golden Abyss is going to a more Uncharted 1 feeling?From all the gameplay videos I've seen it seems like it's focusing more on the platforming and puzzles like the first Uncharted rather than the sequels,plus it's bringing back the motion control for balancing on beams and jumping from a ledge.

#2 Posted by SadPatrol (494 posts) -

What??! Uncharted 1 had less focus on platforming and puzzles. So yes, it's just you.

#3 Posted by BjornTheUnicorn (355 posts) -

Yeah, the first half of Uncharted 1 had a mostly platforming emphasis, but towards the 2nd half it just got bombarded with shooting. The sequels were much better at blending the elements. I guess if Golden Abyss took from the 1st half, then yes, you're right.

#4 Posted by popmasterruler (570 posts) -
@BjornTheUnicorn said:

Yeah, the first half of Uncharted 1 had a mostly platforming emphasis, but towards the 2nd half it just got bombarded with shooting. The sequels were much better at blending the elements. I guess if Golden Abyss took from the 1st half, then yes, you're right.

True,the first half was my favorite part of Uncharted 1.I don't know,in Uncharted 2 I felt like the platforming was just there to lead you to the next fight or set-piece moment(I didn't play Uncharted 3 so I can't comment).
#5 Posted by Three0neFive (2275 posts) -

If you have to ask, "is it just me or..." or "am I the only one who..." or "does anyone else...", chances are the answer is so mind-numbingly obvious that everyone else already knows.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.