Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 17, 2011

Nathan Drake pursues the legend of the Seven Cities of Gold in this PlayStation Vita exclusive prequel to Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Thoughts so far from anyone that has played it?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Phatmac

I know a review from Giantbomb will be up soon. I'm mostly asking general GB users that have played the game and their thoughts on it. Some will point me to official reviews, but I usually don't use them as the one all be for purchasing advice. I'd rather have a person who doesn't play video games for a living. So for anyone out their that has actually played the game, is it at least worthy of a Vita? I'm curious about getting a Vita, so I'll probably get this game. How is it? Does it translate well on the Vita or is it bogged down by being on a handheld?

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d
    deactivated-64ba3d2213a4d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

I played it at an event, the platforming and shooting is as good as Uncharted 2, albeit with less amazing set pieces (in the event demo.at least.) Graphics look nice. My only issue were some of the terrible uses of the touch screen. Mainly using the Machette, as the trigger for it is really finiky then it launches you into a terrible touch swiping mini game.
    If you are a big fan of uncharted it could very well be a system seller.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By lethalki11ler

@Protome: Was wondering, do you HAVE to use the touchscreen for jumping ledge to ledge and stuff? Or can you just use the buttons like FIFA for Vita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LethalKi11ler

@Protome: Was wondering, do you HAVE to use the touchscreen for jumping ledge to ledge and stuff? Or can you just use the buttons like FIFA for Vita

For the most part you can use buttons, the machete example I gave is only touch however as are a couple of other actions . The important things like climbing you have the choice of buttons.
    Starclopsofish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Starclopsofish

Is reloading touch-mandatory? Please say no, please say no.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Starclopsofish: I'm like 99% sure that there is a button for reloading. But I don't remember.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.