Uncharted PSP2 (NGP) footage

#1 Posted by Vitor (2815 posts) -
#2 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

Oh yeah, I watched this. Had to mute it, though, because that translator was terribly annoying. Looks fantastic and controls seem really smooth and fluid = yup, an Uncharted game <3

#3 Posted by omghisam (284 posts) -

The way he palms it to use the touchpad on the back looks extremely awkward. I wonder how you hold it to not accidentally put your fingers over the touchpad and make a wrong move.

#4 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

Oh shit! I want this!!!

#5 Posted by PenguinDust (12493 posts) -
@omghisam:   I agree it looks awkward but I believe that most developers will use the rear touch pad more as an R2 and L2 button.  Right now Sony is highlighting it, but I think the most players will ever be ask to do it tap or hold it similar to any other button press.   

I think the video looks sweet.  Now when franchises have their sequels on the portables, I won't be that upset.  Dare I say it, but if Persona 5 was on this, I wouldn't have an aneurysm. 
#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -

I want... bad!

#7 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Let's see how long teh graphics hype will last in terms of sales. It's the PSP all over again.

#8 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:
" Let's see how long teh graphics hype will last in terms of sales. It's the PSP all over again. "
The graphics weren't the problem with the PSP - it was that they were aiming to simulate a home console and were unable to because of the control scheme. With a rear touch pad and two analog sticks, they're more or less able to replicate the PlayStation controller and the kind of core titles they're aiming for will be infinitely more playable.
#9 Posted by JustKamToo (682 posts) -

So not only will the kinect have sex games the PSP2 will have them too?

Still my only handheld will always be a nintendo

#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -
@benjaebe said:
" @Afroman269 said:
" Let's see how long teh graphics hype will last in terms of sales. It's the PSP all over again. "
The graphics weren't the problem with the PSP - it was that they were aiming to simulate a home console and were unable to because of the control scheme. With a rear touch pad and two analog sticks, they're more or less able to replicate the PlayStation controller and the kind of core titles they're aiming for will be infinitely more playable. "
Not only that, but it opens up an entirely new way of controlling games - something the PSP lacked. I can't wait to see all the innovative ways that developers use all the new inputs!
#11 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

The gyro sensor looks pretty interesting, but using it to aim down the scope or sights sounds like it could get really annoying. 

Still, damn, it looks good.

#12 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

Am I the only person who despises touch screens because I'm OCD about prints and dust on my screen? But I love my PSP, and I'm sure I'll pick up a PSP2 after a few price drops and after it has time to build a decent library.

#13 Posted by Soap (3577 posts) -

Hopefully a lot of the touch features and gyro sensor stuff can be turned off, I'm cool to play it but I think sometimes I will just want to chill and play it lying down or something.  

Optional is always better!

#14 Posted by ian280291 (114 posts) -

looks kinda poo, all i want to play games is 10 buttons and 2 analog sticks not touch panels and touch pads and accelerometers or gyroscopes! 

#15 Edited by Solemn (278 posts) -

All those touch pads and gyroscopes bother me.

#16 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10910 posts) -

Looks rad. 

#17 Edited by Andorski (5268 posts) -

I love me some Uncharted, but is anyone else not interested unless Naughty Dog is the main developer for this game?  At the very least, Amy Hennig needs to be very hands on lead creative director for it. 

[edit] Is it just me, or is Gamespot's flash video player crap?  It artifacts and blacks out like a mofo'.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.