Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted

Franchise »

Uncharted is a series of action-adventure games, combining third-person shooting with three-dimensional platforming. It follows the journeys of treasure hunter Nathan Drake.

Missing the point of uncharted.

• 72 results
    TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By TheHumanDove

...So what's the deal with pants?

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Ramone

Dude, this isn't IGN, you aren't going to incite some sort of internet war just because you don't like a certain game/franchise.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By benpicko

I enjoy every thing about Uncharted, except the shooting.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Muerthoz

It's OK to not like every game out there.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By donchipotle

I play Uncharted because of Elena Fisher and her being more than just the Indiana Jones love interest.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By upwarDBound

For me a lot of what I like about it is the gorgeously rendered environments. They may not be entirely realistic looking, but they are beautiful. The characters are likable if not believable, and the stories while cliche, work within the context of the game. In addition excellent voice-acting and exhilarating set-pieces round out the rest of the presentation.

I'm in the camp that feels like the core mechanics are not the best part of the game, but in an action-adventure that's hardly ever the case. It's the mysteries you unravel, and the exotic locations you visit coupled with outstanding presentation, that make these games memorable.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By zombie2011

I'm the same way QTE without prompts is a great way to put it. All the cinematic stuff is going on around you, the player doesn't really do anything that awesome.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By McShank

Graphics are good. Story is good. Characters are likable and memorable. Gameplay is decent. Honestly it was a fun game and I will enjoy 3 even more since the multiplayer is fun.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By gamb1t

@Irk said:

I know i'm going to get alot of stick for this thread however, i'm curious if anyone else is of the same opinion as me? I don't know why - i owned and completed uncharted 2 - and it just never grabbed me - alot of the time it felt like a QTE without the prompts. Can someone enlighten me as to the appeal of this series? Uncharted 3 is on the horizon and the internet's a buzz and i feel i'm missing out. I JUST DON'T GET IT!... Let the hating begin....

sorry it doesnt have mana, potions, and fairy dust to make it super interesting

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By napalm

People prefer not to earn their winnings, instead, they prefer to move along the rail to see the next big explosion.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Landon: @Landon said:

@ultimatepunchrod said:

@Still_I_Cry said:

I agree with you. I barely even played through the first level of Uncharted 2 before I was bored.

well to be fair to U2 the first level was supposed to be slow. if it's not your kind of game that's fine, but if you only played the first level, you're not getting the whole feel of the game. I'd recommend trying it again. Anyway, Uncharted is all about the cinematic experience. Saying that it's a QTE with no prompts sells it criminally short. As I'm sure everyone has heard at this point, it's like playing an action movie. i think they're really great and they look fantastic. not to mention that they convey real emotions and have great characters.

My dad got bored of Uncharted 2 and stopped playing before he got out of the stealth part at the beginning, despite trying to sell him an Indiana Jones like experience. It takes about 40 minutes to an hour minutes before the game starts heating up, and I totally get why people would stop playing, especially if they are playing the 2nd one first.

To be honest I'm not really into that kind of game to begin with. After reading all the praise for Uncharted 2 I thought it might change my mind but nope. That's not to say it isn't well done and all, I guess I'm just more of a RPG player.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#62  Edited By Tennmuerti

Threads like this do serve a purpose.
    To balance out all the hype and adoration.

Personally I'm in tha same boat of thinking Uncharted 2 was a good game, but nothing more. People say it has amazing graphics I say for a console game.

But I get why other people like it. It's basically a modern Indiana Jones in video game form.

Alexandruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Alexandruxx
    @DarthOrange said:

@Irk said:

No Caption Provided

I'm 80% sure this was meant to be flame bait. I could be wrong but this is your only post, and it could just be that you wanted to start some bickering (or maybe I'm just cynical). That said the answers you got are why i love giant bomb.

This
    Nihilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Nihilius

People have different tastes and opinions, get over it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eca34e37141a
    deactivated-5eca34e37141a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also didn't like UC2 at all, I thought I was crazy or something.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Irk said:

I know i'm going to get alot of stick for this thread however, i'm curious if anyone else is of the same opinion as me? I don't know why - i owned and completed uncharted 2 - and it just never grabbed me - alot of the time it felt like a QTE without the prompts. Can someone enlighten me as to the appeal of this series? Uncharted 3 is on the horizon and the internet's a buzz and i feel i'm missing out. I JUST DON'T GET IT!... Let the hating begin....

lol... i don't get why people set up new accounts just too troll a game. surely only YOU find it funny.

when ever a post ends ...Let the hating begin it clearly a troll thread and has no worth or point.

we may as well just rub our faces on the keyboard and we could come up with a good enough response

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#67  Edited By jacksukeru

As far as the third-person cover based shooting goes I enjoy it quite a bit, the graphics are nice too I guess. As for the story and the platforming, it's meh.

Pretty sure I would enjoy Uncharted 3 if I were to play it, I'm not just very motivated to play it over something that I more consistenly enjoy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jetsetwillie: you have clearly never experienced the wrath of internet fanboys, criticising high profile console exclusives is asking for trouble; that is not to say that people shouldn't be allowed to express an opinion. Calling somebody a troll because they expect 'the hating to begin' is illogical.

Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By Mars_Cleric

if all games were the same there would be no fun

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By jetsetwillie

@kingando420: im not saying this is fact. its just something i've noticed over the years. plus the Op has not since posted into his own thread so im pretty confident this was just a thread to shitstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#72  Edited By Enigma777
    @Irk: Like a gorgeous sunset, it can't be described. It can only be experienced. If you don't get it, then sucks for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.