Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted

Franchise »

Uncharted is a series of action-adventure games, combining third-person shooting with three-dimensional platforming. It follows the journeys of treasure hunter Nathan Drake.

Should Naughty Dog make Uncharted 4?

• 77 results
    Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

I think both Crash 1-3 and Jak & Daxter 1-3 were better series than Uncharted.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By natedawg_kz

Sony Bend should make Uncharted 4. Naughty are to talented to stay on one franchise.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4  Edited By Castiel

I guess I would be interested in seing them making something new, but I also really love the Uncharted series so... If they did it I would totally buy it day one. I wouldn't hold anything against them if they don't do it though, it's totally up to them.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By ProfessorEss

I say they keep doing what works, and it seems like do three and move on is working.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Uncharted is good and all, but the combat never did it for me. The series had a good run, but The Last of Us looks much better in every way, so yeah, move on Naughty Dog.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BigBoss1911

No more uncharted games, at least sequel wise, U3 ended it perfectly fine.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Marz

If they did make another uncharted it'd have to be a different character.....  Young Sully or Drake Jr.  for me to be interested.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By jay_ray

I think they could hand it off to another team and supervise that development while Naughty Dog makes something new or at least get Last of Us in my hands now.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshthebear

God no. It felt like Uncharted 3 was scraping the barrel and just wasn't up to par.

Although, I'm only okay if said game is UnKarted.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#11  Edited By Kidavenger

Where the hell is my Uncharted Kart racer?

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By MEATBALL

Only if they change it up. Next gen Uncharted in an open world Jungle?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

In the traditional sense? No, I wouldn't want another Uncharted game that stars Nathan Drake. I was quite frankly bored to Hell with the character during Uncharted 3 alone, so if there were to be a new Uncharted game, I'd rather it be handled by a different developer and star a different lead, if not set it around a completely different gameplay scheme.

I've always loved the idea of an Uncharted prequel starring Sully in his younger years, though as a platforming adventure game that pulls the combat down to a minimum, if not just remove it entirely. Hark it closer to a Sly Cooper maybe, as Sully plans a small-scale heist or something.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Hunter5024

I feel like Uncharted was a pretty amazing series, and the third entry is a disappointing note to go out on, and doesn't really provide any closure, or it didn't to me at least. So I want Naughty Dog to make one more just to wrap up the series, then they could move on to different things. Aren't they kind of a 2 game studio now?

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Samaritan

If The Last of Us is any indication, Naughty Dog has shown that they are a very versatile studio. That said, however, if they think they have more stories to tell with the characters of Uncharted, then there's no reason I wouldn't be willing to go on another gripping adventure with Drake and company. But it's not as if I'm itching to play another Uncharted game, either. Still though, thinking about just how good UC2 and UC3 looked, imagining what a next-gen Uncharted game could look like sends shivers down my back.

spykereightsix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spykereightsix

I definitely they should take a good, long break before making another Uncharted game, but I'd definitely like to see those characters again, especially for next-gen consoles. Of course, they could always turn it into a lovable kart-racer. Ha hA!

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

No, not before they make another Jak game. It's gonna happen.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By MildMolasses

I don't get the B option. They already have moved on to something else. There is no need for more Uncharted games, and I would be totally ok with Sony running the series into the ground because I think ND did a great job with the 3 games they made and see no point in going back to that well. If Sony wants to have other studios make more games in the series like the vita game, that seems fine to me, but I will never be interested in a new Uncharted game

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By zyn

If Naughty Dog wants to, sure. I would like more Uncharted games, but only if it's by Naughty Dog.

Scoozi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Scoozi

I'd say no, let's see what somebody else can do with the franchise. Didn't really like the direction U3 went in with all the combat, so maybe somebody else can get it back on the track U1 and U2 was on.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MC_Hify

I'd love to see at least one ND Playstation 4 Uncharted game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By penguindust

There is going to be another Uncharted game just as there is going to be another Halo, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, etc..but, after 3 I think studios get a bit burnt out and feel limited by their own creation. We've seen other studios handle established franchises well (Treyarch, Obsidian, Crystal Dynamics, & so forth), so I would entrust the title to another group and see what they can do with it. Breathe a little freshness into it.

Having said that, I am a little hesitant on the inevitable "origin story". I don't really want to see a teenage Nathan Drake running around like the opening of The Last Crusade or Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. I guess it would depend on how the whole thing unfolds.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By pr1mus

They're a great studio that's proven over the last 20 years that they can be creative in a variety of different genre. Why waste this potential in making more of the same for a 4th time?

Something new is the way. (which they're already doing anyway)

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikey87144

The question should be should they make more Uncharted games after the PS4 one is released. I'm eager to see Naughty Dog take one more stab at that franchise on the PS4 then move on to something else.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mnzy

They should make a new Crash Bandicoot game, so I voted Puppies.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Yummylee

@PenguinDust said:

There is going to be another Uncharted game just as there is going to be another Halo, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, etc..but, after 3 I think studios get a bit burnt out and feel limited by their own creation. We've seen other studios handle established franchises well (Treyarch, Obsidian, Crystal Dynamics, & so forth), so I would entrust the title to another group and see what they can do with it. Breathe a little freshness into it.

Having said that, I am a little hesitant on the inevitable "origin story". I don't really want to see a teenage Nathan Drake running around like the opening of The Last Crusade or Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. I guess it would depend on how the whole thing unfolded.

I think Uncharted 3 was meant to function, in part, as his origin story. You see him as a street urchin, a cocky little pickpocket; you're shown Nate and Sully's first encounter; and you learn how he came to acquire Francis Drake's ring after all. We're basically shown the very moment when Nate is first introduced to the 'career' of treasure hunting and plundering and so forth.

Given that Nate is basically characterised by his relationship with Sully, his love of adventure and his fascination with Francis Drake (we also learnt that Drake isn't even Nate's last name, too), I don't think there's much left that they could try and tell. I mean I suppose they could try, but at this point it'll most likely just feel so forced and unnecessary.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pr1mus

@Yummylee said:

I've always loved the idea of an Uncharted prequel starring Sully in his younger years, though as a platforming adventure game that pulls the combat down to a minimum, if not just remove it entirely. Hark it closer to a Sly Cooper maybe, as Sully plans a small-scale heist or something.

A game with a young Sully and Drake where both are super enthusiastic at the idea of climbing stuff and jumping from high places.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By killacam

B, D, and E

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By Raven10

I'd prefer that they move on. The Uncharted games were great, but with a new generation looming I'd love to see what crazy new series Naughty Dog could come up with.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Red12b

Should've had an UnCarted option on Poll,

This poll is invalid,

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bane122

Shit. I voted yes but when writing out my reasoning realized that no, I'd like them to move on.

While I like the platforming and writing in the Uncharted games, the combat has always been pretty bad to me (an opinion I'm surprised to see others share). In fact I'd love if the series moved to more of an Adventure vibe and dropped most of its fighting to focus on puzzles and exploration.

Given that that's not likely to happen anytime soon, and that The Last of Us looks like it has a good chance of being better than any of the UC games yeah, I'd be fine with them moving on from the series.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Yummylee

@Pr1mus said:

@Yummylee said:

A game with a young Sully and Drake where both are super enthusiastic at the idea of climbing stuff and jumping from high places.

I'd prefer it they keep it exclusively set around Sully actually. Maybe throw in some Katherine Marlowe cameo appearances, but it would work best for me if it was purely Sully's story before he became a mentor to Nate.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Grixxel

I'm happy The Last of Us is their next thing and hopefully they continue to explore other ideas after it. Uncharted is great and all but these guys are good enough to keep cranking out all sorts of new IP.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pr1mus

@Yummylee: That could work great too in a different style of game. Sully never looked to be the nimble type to go climbing in the Himalayas even when younger. He most likely dealt in some less than legal and less than noble situations as well. I don't mean i see him as some hardcore gangster type but judging by his affiliation with Marlowe in Uncharted 3 there's something to explore in that direction.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DukesT3

Uncharted reboot for next gen!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I guess. Uncharted 2 and 3 felt way too similar imo. If 4 was to be made (and it will) they need to mix things up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Unless they want to radically change the gameplay or can come up with a brilliant story and set pieces that make the Train level from 2 and the Cruise Ship level from 3 look mundane in comparison then no. I voted for puppies because they are cute and the idea of one talking like Sully is delightfully silly.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 49th

Not unless they make Unkarted. I feel like it needs to exist.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#39  Edited By OllyOxenFree

I dunno. I love the franchise but I just think it's done for now. Next-gen high-scale Crash Bandicoot would be awesome to show off the tech for the next Playstation.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By crazyleaves

What's great about this series is it's Indiana Jones but Indy never gets old and ruins your childhood. Make as many as they want.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GunslingerPanda

No, they should make a Jak 4.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#42  Edited By monkeyking1969

I think they would be better served with putting out The Last of Us, The Last of Us 2, and a Jak 4 first.  Then maybe go back to Uncharted Universe but have Nathan or Elena be a character you meet.  

I think the perfect way to have the old characters would be to meet Elena when she is 70.  Sully passed away long ago, Nathan died a few years ago (maybe you were at his funeral), but now you [the player] have come to see Elena with a puzzle.  I really don't think playing as Sully, Nathan, or Elena makes any sense in a new game.  Their story is over, their story ended as happily as it could, so why ruin that.  A new story in the universe should happen with a nephew or better yet a niece who goes on their own adventure and maybe used one of Nathan's journals on a adventure he didn't go on.  Most his life, Nathan Drake, wanted/needed to be like Francis Drake; but he found peace for the second half of his life and maybe just became a teacher or writer. Yet wouldn't it be cool if HE becomes the inspiration for the next journey? 

The basic game play or a UC game is still valid and great, but I think dipping in with the same characters is cheap.  A new UC game should come about in four or five years, but it should have a new player character to 're-fresh' the concept with a new story.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ltsmash

The correct answer to the question "Should there be a sequel to "X"?" is NO.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Nottle

I think they should make another Uncharted game, but in 15 years. Maybe they can mature a bit as a company work on some other cool projects (like they are doing.) Hopefully by then Nolan North is still active.

The Uncharted games were amazing. UC3 wrapped things up pretty well, I wouldn't be that sad if it were to end there. Some series just need to show that kind of restraint. Jak 3 ended pretty well but they still had to milk that a few more times before it was laid to rest.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zombie2011

I think they ran out of Ideas for Uncharted real quick. Uncharted 3 was way to similar to Uncharted 2 especially towards the end.

Slow part: U2- Walking around Village. U3- Drake in desert.

Then bad guys find him: (Village fight, Stumble onto desert ruins)

Car/Horse chase: Leap from moving thing to moving thing.

Find ancient city.

Kill bad guy and destroy ancient city.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HerbieBug

Not right now. Give it some time to breath, get some fresh people on the dev team, come back at it later.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RazielCuts

@Kidavenger said:

Where the hell is my Uncharted Kart racer?

Ha reminds me of this image that was floating around -

No Caption Provided
    Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By Miketakon

Yes..but I'd like to see them make the combat like eight days.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By Sackmanjones

Take a break but I would love to see the return of Nathan Drake say.... 1 or 2 years into the ps4s life.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pierre42

@MEATBALL:

Ala Farcry?

I'd say no the best thing about uncharted is the amazing set pieces in my opinion. I just don't think they'd happen as well in an open world game.

I'd be ok with a 4th.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.