Unit 13 Demo is up

#1 Posted by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -

Just got through the training level, seems pretty decent so far. Graphics are pretty sweet, and the controls work well. Not sure if it's a day one buy yet, but It is definitely one to watch.

Anyone else try it?

#2 Posted by handlas (2750 posts) -

I quite liked what I played of it. I downloaded the Uncharted demo and this demo. The aiming/shooting and some of the touchscreen stuff seems much better in this game by comparison, imo. Not a huge fan of Socom or anything so I'll probably wait and see how this game is received but the demo made me interested.

#3 Posted by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -

@handlas said:

I quite liked what I played of it. I downloaded the Uncharted demo and this demo. The aiming/shooting and some of the touchscreen stuff seems much better in this game by comparison, imo. Not a huge fan of Socom or anything so I'll probably wait and see how this game is received but the demo made me interested.

The demo mission was cool, and just about the right amount of time for quick on the go session. I wish the multiplayer had been enabled for at least one mission to get a feel for it.

#4 Posted by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Just got through it, really liked it, as someone who hasn't been a fan of Zipper in the past. The aiming feels perfect on the Vita, compared to Uncharted, which felt like shit.

#5 Posted by RBolduc625 (116 posts) -

The aiming took me a while to get used to. Maybe that's just the Vita in general. The game is super fun and I'll probly get it day one. The only thing is, I realized that my hands hurt after that first mission just because of the placement of them.

#6 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

Loved the demo, played through 3 times. Probably a day 1 buy for me, especially if it's only $35 on the Vita store. I can see playing the shit out of this.

#7 Posted by 014 (348 posts) -

I played through the demo today since my Vita arrived today. Uncharted is what I'd call a good game. Unit 13 on the other hand feels great. It's looking like the next game I buy.

#8 Edited by Etnos (245 posts) -

Shoot feel and controls are thigh, It makes a good case for shooters in the Vita. In the other hand, thematically It couldn't be more generic, boring and kinda racist..

So I pass, Looking forward for Vita's Killzone and Resistance.

#9 Posted by tactis (355 posts) -

Man, I was really skeptical about this game, but I tried the demo today and it is freaking awesome! Need to go pre-order this.

#10 Posted by Captainlunchbox (445 posts) -

I liked the feel of it. When you're chaining kills together and upping your multiplier, it's like THPS with guns or something. Coop will be great.

#11 Posted by BrockNRolla (1694 posts) -

Safe to say I have never heard of this.

#12 Posted by Giefcookie (610 posts) -

Demo felt good, 2player Co-op might be cool if the missions are varied enough.

#13 Posted by EthanielRain (928 posts) -

It probably wouldn't be my first choice if there were a multitude of shooters for the Vita, but seeing as it's the first..it was fun enough for me to pick it up day one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.