So you like space do you?

#1 Posted by Schmollian (261 posts) -

Well here is a little (actually about 500mb so not that little actually) program I found simply called:

Its a bit unstable (crashes ALOT), as it is still in BETA, but it is probably the most amazing space exploration simulator(?) I have ever seen. You can start on the surface of a planet, then fly out to see the solar system, then go even further to see different stars, and even further than that to see the entire galaxy and eventually the entire (procedurelly generated) universe.

Very cool little program. Again, expect it to crash roughly every five minutes or so because it is QUITE unstable, but don't let that keep you from playing with this little gem.

Also. SPAAAAAAACEEEEE!!! (Couldn't resist. Sorry.)
#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

i like pretending to like space and talking about the space sphere from Portal 2

but in reality, space is fucking complicated and boring. it's just cool for us atheist gamers to pretend we're all about science 
#3 Posted by Wes899 (2113 posts) -

Thanks. I love space. No joke. This will hold me over until I fix my telescope.

#4 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (3089 posts) -

I fully expect this game to destroy my crappy computer.

#5 Posted by onarum (2084 posts) -

That is pretty awesome, but unfortunately I can't possibly run it...

#6 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

Not going to be able to run it, but that video looked pretty damn cool. It makes me happy to know this exists.

#7 Posted by ZagZagovich (763 posts) -

There is an older program like that called celestia. It is less pretty but has a lot of really interesting mods for it. Mods that recreate sci-fi universes or tell a narrative through the life cycle of a made up system. it's pretty cool. 
http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

#8 Posted by chiablo (929 posts) -

#9 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

My computer just blew up.

#10 Posted by ErEl (142 posts) -

What's with all the Portal 2 spoilers.

#11 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -
@ErEl said:
" What's with all the Portal 2 spoilers. "
It's only a very specific spoiler and hardly gives away much unless you know what it's referring to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.