Amazon's XBLA BOGO Deal

Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -
UNO party!
One of the things that makes digital distribution so attractive to game publishers is gives them greater control over the value of their products. With no opportunity for a second-hand market, if they say something is $10, guess what, it's $10. I kind of feel like it's cheating at capitalism, but it makes a whole lot of sense, and ultimately it's a practice that just makes me cherish opportunities to get digitally distributed content on the cheap that much more.

Finding Xbox Live Marketplace points cards below retail is the purest way I've done it, but I'm not above game-specific deals as well, although today's deal, brought to my attention by the often-excellent CapcomUnity blog, is more altruistic than most. For today only, you can buy a download code for the Xbox Live Arcade versions of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, UNO, and Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting on Amazon, and receive a second code for the game you purchased to give to a friend. My understanding is that this is a less-than-great version of Hyper Fighting, but I'm happy to fully endorse both Puzzle Fighter and UNO. The HD Remix aspect of Puzzle Fighter's a little half-ass, but as a puzzle game it's still extremely solid. And UNO, well, that's basically one of the best things you can use Xbox Live for.
Staff
#1 Posted by Ryan (1263 posts) -
UNO party!
One of the things that makes digital distribution so attractive to game publishers is gives them greater control over the value of their products. With no opportunity for a second-hand market, if they say something is $10, guess what, it's $10. I kind of feel like it's cheating at capitalism, but it makes a whole lot of sense, and ultimately it's a practice that just makes me cherish opportunities to get digitally distributed content on the cheap that much more.

Finding Xbox Live Marketplace points cards below retail is the purest way I've done it, but I'm not above game-specific deals as well, although today's deal, brought to my attention by the often-excellent CapcomUnity blog, is more altruistic than most. For today only, you can buy a download code for the Xbox Live Arcade versions of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, UNO, and Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting on Amazon, and receive a second code for the game you purchased to give to a friend. My understanding is that this is a less-than-great version of Hyper Fighting, but I'm happy to fully endorse both Puzzle Fighter and UNO. The HD Remix aspect of Puzzle Fighter's a little half-ass, but as a puzzle game it's still extremely solid. And UNO, well, that's basically one of the best things you can use Xbox Live for.
Staff
#2 Edited by Vision (796 posts) -

This is a pretty sweet deal. :)

#3 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6075 posts) -

I already own SFII, which kind of sours the deal.  Might buy Uno, though.

#4 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

That's a sweet deal. Shame neither me nor anyone else I know still has a 360. However, if I did still have a 360 I would totally be taking advantage of this sweet and totally awesome deal.

#5 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Well, I already have these besides Hyper Fighting and I have no urge to get that so, "no thank you." I am sure someone can get a good deal of this though.

#6 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Anybody wanna go halvsies?

#7 Posted by MeatSim (10758 posts) -

I would like to see more cool deals like this in the future.

#8 Posted by PufferFiz (1376 posts) -

Hahah Just in time for Live to go down.

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18904 posts) -

No love for Hyper Fighting?  Anyways, I already own all three of those games.

#10 Posted by Roddra (25 posts) -

I'm glad the PSN has the luxury of handing out four other copies to friends for the majority of titles, but it's good more hot gamin' love goes around in one way or another.

#11 Posted by Vance_Helsing (215 posts) -

Here's a secret of the trade:

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting is my favorite version of Street Fighter II. I love Super SFII and all, but I grew up on Hyper Fighting, and that's what I'm sticking to.

Besides, I already have SSFIIHD Remix for my PS3, and I'm jonesing for more achievement points.

#12 Posted by HatKing (5812 posts) -

I guess if a buddy of mine wanted to split the cost of the first game and then we could each get it for half price that might work...but I'm not super interested in any of those game anyway, besides Uno which I own already.

#13 Posted by Deathawk (280 posts) -

Meh nothing up their really interests me.

#14 Posted by agentboolen (1751 posts) -

1st paragraph wasted my time, 2nd just made me realize I read this somewhere else!!!

#15 Posted by JackiJinx (3089 posts) -

But I already have Uno and Puzzle Fighter. I'm sad.

#16 Posted by steelknight2000 (433 posts) -

Here's an idea, buy a game and give the code to TWO of your friends. Whoever enters the code first gets the game!!!

#17 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2403 posts) -

Don't bother with Hyper Fighting. Pretty useless now since HD Remix is out.

#18 Posted by LocoRocker (210 posts) -

the downloads only work for us residents, unfortunately.

#19 Posted by Haethos (307 posts) -
@steelknight2000: or make them compete for the code! may the best man win.
#20 Posted by Kohe321 (3522 posts) -

Uno ftw

#21 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

not excited for uno

#22 Posted by babz (309 posts) -

puzzle fighter hd = awesome, online is super duper broke though on ps3 anyway....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.