Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unreal Engine 3

Concept »

Developed by Epic Games, Unreal Engine 3 is the third generation of the Unreal engine, and is base for numerous games, such as Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War and Roboblitz.

Unreal Engine 3 Now Free as The UDK

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By SlowHands

The Unreal Development Kit has been released by Epic Games!  It includes the professional tools for all those people who are into that sort of thing.  I'm interested what gets done with it.

Chances are if you care about this you already know, but hey, don't shoot the messenger!
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

Took their time didn't they? Well they released it so that's good. Should see some excellent user content in the near future anyway.

SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By SlowHands
    @eroticfishcake:  I hope we do see some user content, because the mod scene for UT3 is pretty small, as far as I know.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @SlowHands: The fact that UT3 wasn't so popular as they hoped didn't help I guess. Apart from some minor tweaks and some new skins the modding scene isn't terrible enthusiastic. Some people still play the original one over this or UT2004. Which had some great stuff as I remember.
    I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By I_smell

Forget mods, I'm interested in the GAMES people make with this. It's free for everyone, so that means there's about to be an avalanche of indipendant games made in UE3.

Avatar image for commodoregroovy
    CommodoreGroovy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By CommodoreGroovy

I'm going to swallow the bitter pill, which is the 500mb download and mess around with the kit for a while. Who knows, maybe I'll make something worthwhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.