Anyone Still Play?

#1 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

I was scrolling through my digital backlog this morning and i forgot i purchased this gem many steam sales ago. Any bombers have/want/do still play? Would anyone be interested in starting up a "UT2k4" group?

#2 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

I still play every once in a while, mostly some mods that look interesting since that scene can be amazing at times. I really wish Epic would just make a Unreal 2011 much like 2004 so that the mod community cares and really pushes things like they use to.

#3 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Yes. YES. Big-Heads, Vampire and all the mutators. ALL THE MUTATORS.

#4 Edited by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow said:

How many ppl can one server hold i forget
#5 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@The_Drizzle said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

How many ppl can one server hold i forget

32 is hardcoded max but there were mods which pushed past that limit.

#6 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

well hopefully we can get more than 3 and we can get some games going

#7 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -
@csoup
@SeriouslyNow
@The_Drizzle

Bumping this because I'd love to see it happen. PM if you are up for a game.

#8 Posted by Musou (381 posts) -

@Jasta: Me too. Just reinstalled it (It's been a long time since I used my CD/DVD drive on my notebook, let alone using SIX CDs) and man, I want to play some.

Btw, I haven't played in a LONG while and wasn't ever that deep into it, so I would love some tips for mods, maps and stuff.

#9 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

@Musou said:

@Jasta: Me too. Just reinstalled it (It's been a long time since I used my CD/DVD drive on my notebook, let alone using SIX CDs) and man, I want to play some.

Btw, I haven't played in a LONG while and wasn't ever that deep into it, so I would love some tips for mods, maps and stuff.

I wouldn't worry about mods etc, there are the bonus packs that got released but they are by no means essential. PM me your Steam name and we'll get something sorted.

#10 Posted by BigSpeck (2 posts) -

Hey guys, I have set up three multiplayer servers as well as a steam group to set up matches for Unreal Tournament 1999, 2004, and 3. If you’re interested in playing with us, then make sure you READ THIS WHOLE POST carefully. My User Name: BigSpeck - Steam Group Name: Speck's Unreal /V/idya. Make sure to add me on your friends list, this way I can easily contact you when I set up a few matches for us to play. You do not need the steam version to play with us, but having steam makes it easier for me to contact you when a match is going.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.