Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Unreal Tournament 3

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Dec 10, 2007

The third main installment of the fast-paced arena-based first-person shooter brings its futuristic world to the Unreal Engine 3 game engine while adding a grimy aesthetic and a new story-based single-player campaign (involving a crew of mercenaries set out to avenge their fallen colony against the Necris).

Titan pack out for PC, Free to Play this weekend on Steam!

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By Forcen

The 3.0 Patch and Titan Pack For Unreal Tournament 3 is now out for PC, you can download it through Steam or other places.  If you have the PS3 version though, you have to wait because it has been delayed.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of our control, the certification process for the PS3 patch and DLC has taken much longer than we expected. As a result, we have been forced to push back the release date for the PS3 version to 3/19.
    Here are the Info for the Steam version:
    “Titan Pack” includes:

* 16 environments — four Warfare, three vCTF, six Deathmatch, and three CTF maps — that are new to the PC and PS3 versions
        * Three bonus pack maps, CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias
        * The namesake Titan mutator, which lets players overwhelm opponents as a 15 foot tall titan, or crush them as a 30 foot tall Behemoth
        * Greed and Betrayal, two gametypes that breed new-found fervor throughout the competitive UT3 arena
        * Two powerful weapons, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon artillery
        * Two valuable deployables, the X-Ray Field and Link Station
        * The Slow Field power-up, a portable version of the Slow Field deployable
        * Stealthbender, a new vehicle that carries two spidermine trap deployables, one EMP mine, and one each of the new Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables
        * Two new characters, Nova and Kana
        * 57 awards attainable as Steam Achievements
        * Significant AI enhancements, especially in vehicle gametypes; networking performance upgrades; greatly improved menu flow and UI usability; better mod support
        * Client-side demo recording, highly improved Server Browser, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality for PC
    And also, Unreal tournament 3, which includes the titan pack will change its name to Unreal Tournament 3 Black for some reason, at least on steam. But the best news is Unreal Tournament 3 will be free to play this weekend on steam!

FREE WEEKEND!

All you need is a free Steam account to play the full version of UT3 Black this weekend.

Install Steam, Create an account, Play UT3 Black

They are also lowering the price by 40% until march 15th. Link
    Valve and Epic are really trying to revitalize the Online community for this game, props to them for that.
    Now, if only my steam download could go a bit faster...

http://storefront.steampowered.com/Steam/Marketing/message/2315/
    Avatar image for gobiasindustries
    GobiasIndustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By GobiasIndustries

I can not figure out how to actually install the game on Steam. I am dumb.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By Forcen
    GobiasIndustries said:
    "I can not figure out how to actually install the game on Steam. I am dumb."
    If you want to play the free weekend, this link should work. If not, try later. Maybe its not close enough to the weekend.
    If you want to get your retail copy of the game on your steam you need to activate the CD key in steam.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene

Its a shame that my pc cant handle this game, i really would like to play it again. Guess Quake Live will have to do it for now.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

It seems I can't actually buy the game from Steam. It says I already own the game. In addition, Unreal Tournament 3 Black Free Weekend appears in my purchase history, with Acquisition Method listed as "Complimentary". So how am I supposed to actually buy this game and take advantage of the temporary discount?

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By lamegame621

Yeah, says I already own it. Weird. Chances are Steam will fix it within hours.

quadomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By quadomatic

Well the discount goes until March 15th, so you should just be able to buy it after the weekend if worst comes to worst.

Or, maybe try right clicking the game in your my games list and see if you can install that way.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tmthomsen

By the way:
    If you already own the boxed UT3, you can activate it on Steam under "Games" -> "Activate a product on Steam..." and enter the serial. Now the game should appear under the "my Games" tab and is now tied to your Steam account and will automatically be updated. Have fun!

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JudgeDread

the game finally downloaded this morning and after giving it some time I can say that I understand the mediocre ratings this game have recieved
    ugly graphical design, boring maps, boring gameplay,

nah, id rather play quake live for a quick primitive FPS fix than have this game occupy 8gb of my hard drive

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Mediocre reviews? From the notable publications only 1UP gave it a low score according to metacritic, and none of them said anything about ugly graphical design, as that's quite an absurd statement. If one didn't like UT prior to 3 and was instead of the Quake school then he shouldn't have expected to like 3 really. For those who did like UT2004 then all the fault of UT3 is simply that it doesn't add anything that is really new, and even actually ommits some of its good aspects, but it's a solid shooter all around (especially since the patch added its own "face" map). It looks incredibly detailed and is a perfect showcase for its engine. Now I admit I'm not a hardcore fan or anything, but Quake isn't my thing either, I've just grown out of the pure(ish) deathmatch style game lately. I still can't wait for more games that use UE3 for other kinds of gameplay though, much like the last Unreal Engine version. America's Army should be especially sweet >_>

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Captain_Fookup

CTF-Face for the win!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.