bloodshed's Uplink (PC) review

• bloodshed wrote this review on .

Hacking has never been soo much fun!

When I first played the game (when it was released on steam) I had no idea that I would be spending most of the day hacking into company mainframes or altering other people's academic records.
The tutorial mission really helps you get a hang of some of the tools in the game, after 5-10 min you are ready to for business.
I've only "died" 2 times in the game because I was a little sloppy with covering my tracks, but the game keeps pulling me back for more ^_^

The game gets REALLY hard when you take on the more profitable jobs (if you don't have the right tool's that is).

All in all this is a good game that you can put down and pick up again.

footnote:
You can also find some really cool mods at http://modlink.net/ to enhance your hacking experience ^_^

Other reviews for Uplink (PC)

Short review of the best hacker-simulation 0

When noone thought it was possible, Uplink succeeded in one of the most hypocritical genres, 'Hacking', and found a working balance between fun and authenticity that would keep players playing.Uplink manages to take out the worst amount of dullness and reptitivity that you may find in a real hackers life, but the mistake it makes is to remove the complexity as well. The missions are simple and straightforward, too straightforward, as the approach for each and every mission is laid out beforehand...

Hacking ain't just for nerds anymore! 0

A good friend of mine, and fellow gamer introduced me to this game, and since that day I have not played a game this unique. First of all, the graphics are really simplistic and very much text-based, which are totally fitting given the theme of the game. The music is atmospheric and gives the game a great and cool feel to it.The gameplay of Uplink is easily the most unique I have ever encountered. The game could be categorized as a simulation, but contains a heavy role-playing element, keeping i...