A character / voice actor of the year contender?

#1 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

I'd like to know from the folks who have had the game, do you think Vaas' performance (by Michael Mando) in Far Cry 3 is stellar, or overwrought?

From what I had seen of the quick look, he is one of the most remarkable, but does it go too over the top? I for one think I might pick up Far Cry 3 just to see which way it goes.

#2 Posted by believer258 (11632 posts) -

I don't think he could go much more over the top, just from what I've seen. Guy chews the scenery like nobody's business.

#3 Posted by Nentisys (886 posts) -

I can't think of any other amazing performances this year.

#5 Posted by owlmassive (67 posts) -

Shame he wasnt the main guy in the game and you got hyote who you dont hear of, I wonder if the script writers realised how big and popular Vaas was going to be im sure there kicking themselfs!

#6 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

He was great. Deserves some recognition.

#7 Posted by theodacourt (519 posts) -

I vote for the actress who voiced Clementine. I don't remember her name but she's like 37 or something and she was very affecting.

#8 Posted by BigDaddy81 (317 posts) -

@Nentisys said:

I can't think of any other amazing performances this year.

*gasp*

Have you forgotten Big Bo already?! That is not aight.

#9 Posted by kristov_romanov (452 posts) -

I am very much in the early stage of the game, but so far I think he is fantastic.

And oh crap, they were right! The actor totally looks like Vaas!

#10 Edited by ProfessorEss (7280 posts) -

@kristov_romanov: Really, REALLY looks like Vaas.

#11 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -

The person who voiced Clementine. Kids in games are usually completely obnoxious, but she really sold the character. The Walking Dead was probably the first time that I wasn't annoyed by a child in a video game.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Nah, he's over the top and crazy but voice actor of the year? He did nothing for me.

#13 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

I'm fucking terrified.

#14 Posted by Gunslinger0130 (224 posts) -

Vaas is excellent, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3 and Halo 4 are probably the only other contenders for decent VO work but I think Far Cry 3 is going to take the cake.

#15 Posted by ProfessorEss (7280 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@ProfessorEss said:

I'm fucking terrified.

You should be you piece of fuck.

#16 Edited by Smedles (174 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

Acts like him too. He's great in all four episodes.

#17 Posted by ttocs (762 posts) -

Hands down, Vaas. He is freakin' amazing and horrifying all at the same time. If I met him in person, I'd be a littler nervous and that's a great actor.

#18 Posted by kristov_romanov (452 posts) -

@Smedles said:

@ProfessorEss said:

Acts like him too. He's great in all four episodes.

Great, now I have seen that voice come out of a real human being. I'm creeped the fuck out.

#19 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

@Smedles said:

they made mclovin the main character? sounds about right

#20 Posted by gaminghooligan (1407 posts) -

he's one of the best. If wins I won't be surprised what-so-ever. Guy put's a chill through me with every line in that QL, I assume it continues throughout the game

#21 Posted by demonbear (1859 posts) -

Michael Mando is THE best actor in a video game this year no doubt, what a Fantastic vilain and a great performance.

#22 Posted by Slag (4001 posts) -

@theodacourt said:

I vote for the actress who voiced Clementine. I don't remember her name but she's like 37 or something and she was very affecting.

this. her name is Melissa Hutchinson

best portrayal of a child in a video game ever imo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.