Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles II

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

This PSP title is the sequel to Valkyria Chronicles and takes place during a civil war that breaks out following the events of the original game.

Does anyone else want to see a Valkyria Chronicles 2 QL?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4
    deactivated-5d7530f19fbe4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The first game was great and there was a QL of it. The second game has added a bunch of classes that would be interesting to see. I don't have a PSP, so a QL would be very helpful in deciding if this game is a reason to get one. 

Does anyone else feel they'd benefit form a QL?

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By huntad

I've heard the game is better in the gameplay department this time around, but the characters are more stereotypical this time around. If you're a fan of the series, then you should definitely get a PSP. However, I'd recommend looking at other games before deciding on a PSP for a single game.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I'd be interested in seeing a quicklook at it since I don't know what it looks like on a psp and it technically would help it to do a quicklook since it would be noticed a bit more but it doesn't need it and GB doesn't have to QL it either.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By lead_farmer

I've already played through 90 hours of it.  The story is kinda highschool cheesy, but the gameplay is still good.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Gameplay is much the same as the original, but definitely improved in one or two areas.
    The story on the otherhand is much, much worse.  It essentially takes place in a highschool with the typical anime dribble you'd expect in place of any character personalities or development.

Very disappointing after the first game had quite an original story and a bunch of likable characters.. but if you're in it for the gameplay, feel free to skip the cut-scenes.  I'd look up one or two other games for the PSP before taking the plunge though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.