Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

If Only...

ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ep_driver

If only this game was on the 360...This isn't even normally my type of game but it looks awesome.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#2  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

It's a fun game, to be sure.  The difficulty gets a bit rough, but it's a hell of a good game, a solid story, and some damn fun gameplay.

daz0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daz0608

Yea, heard noting but good things about this game and impressed after watching the GiantBomb quick look, but yea unfortunately I don't have a PS3

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

No man, the 360 camp has enough already; Valk Chronicles is one of those games that isn't exactly a "must have killer app", but does make you think twice before dismissing the PS3 of having no games you want to play on it. I have a PS3 and while its not high on my list of games to get, I will definitely get it eventually even if I have to pay extra ala Persona prices because its so rare.

ozeki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ozeki

I heard they started building it on the 360 since the PS3 devkits were not out yet when they started the development.

So its not far fetched that there might be a version of this game running on the 360 somewhere at SEGA hq. I hope they do port it to the 360.

I tried the Operation Darkness demo and man the camera was so bad it made it a pain just to command our units...

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shadows_kill

its a really great game. to me it is a must have game. the difficulty goes up really fast (in chapter 7 to be exact) and the story is amazing.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Coltonio7

It's amazing. Wonderful. Except for that mission where you have to destroy the huge tank.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Boiglenoight
    Sparky_Buzzsaw said:
    "It's a fun game, to be sure.  The difficulty gets a bit rough, but it's a hell of a good game, a solid story, and some damn fun gameplay."
    No joke there.  I'm stuck on the mission in which you have to kill the reactors on the big flipping tank.  The chick with the blue hair does a standup job of laser blasting any of my dudes who try for that last reactor.

I wish this game were multiplatform for the sheer hope that it'd sell well enough to warrant developing a sequel.  Who knows.  Crap games get sequels all the time.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.