Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

My Top 10 PS3 Exclusives

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Edited By liquiddragon

Like the title says, this is my top 10 ps3 exclusives that i've played & finished thus far

Note: i'm currently playing Demon's Souls and this list is subject to change!

10. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

the only Ratchet & Clank game i've played. this game has great humor and beautiful cartoony graphics, complete w/ topnotch voice work. the story is nothing special and if i remember correctly, ended in a cliffhanger. nonetheless, the characters all have unique personalities to make up for what's lacking. the gameplay is mostly a 3rd person shooter with some light platforming and light puzzles. great variety of upgradeable weapons gives you lots of ways to handle your foes. this game also earns kudos for best use of the six-axis i've encountered. the game is on the easy side which means people of all ages can enjoy it.

9. inFamous

possibility the best superhero game ever. this sand-box adventure provides some seriously satisfying, silky smooth action. the story isn’t gripping but the ending is perfect. you can play as either good or evil and the world’s atmosphere will evolve w/ you. the graphics aren’t the best but during heavy combat, I felt the compromise was well worth it. the comic-book style cut scenes are well done. the voice work is good, even if the script is not. the short list of boss fights are epic and awesome. this game could easily be higher up on the list, only if the mission variety wasn’t so disappointing.

8. Heavy Rain

this is a special game. Quantic Dream further developed what they started with Indigo Prophecy and this time around, the story is much stronger. the voice cast isn’t stellar but the script is strong. even w/ some of the blemishes, the graphics are some of the best on the console. it’s interactive gaming that sometimes succeeds on redefining what it means to game. however, for a gamer, the gameplay amounts to not more than quick-time-events. this concept is still in its infancy and I want to see where it goes from here.

7. Uncharted

what can I say? I love drake, elena, and sully. the minute this game started spinning in my ps3, these characters came alive like no other virtual people this generation. the passion and love that went into those characters were undeniable. they were breathing and bursting with personality. the graphics are still among the best on the system. the script is funny and the voice, brilliant. the shooting is a little wonky, the platforming is fun, and the puzzles are clever. it’s short and sweet, really sweet.

6. God of War 3

the final act in the god of war “trilogy”. the graphics are just ridiculous. omg…the scale…the fidelity…the epicenes…anyway, hands down the best combat system in the series, adding on top of the improvements made in 2. the story is probably the worst in the series and the puzzles also. the game definitely plays it safe but it’s the kind of blockbuster treatment that haters can only dream about in their games.

5. Killzone 2

another visual stone cold stunner. the bold and gritty art style is immediately striking, it’s too bad that the campaign is so by-the-number. i like what they did on the gameplay side. never has pumping bullets into enemy flesh been so damn satisfying. the sense of weight in this game feels realistic and immersive. the cover is unique, if flawed. enemy a.i. is impressive and the multiplayer is fresh. I find myself going back to this game time to time to kill some helghast

4. Uncharted 2

the ps3 killer app. drake is back and holy fucking shit, i think he made people care about the ps3. set-piece after set-piece, this is THE blockbuster rollercoaster ride. get ready for the imitators… the same quality script and the same quality voice. the jaw-dropping graphics and scripted event, and the much improved shooting and combat mechanics. the fun co-op and competitive multiplayer. this is how sequels are done fools.

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

look, i’m bias. it’s my list, get over it or sue me. solid snake’s last mission and you bet it’s fan service. epic show down with liquid. raiden redeeming himself (i’ve always liked him), and shadow mosses. kojima tied everything together (more than he needed to) and filled that blu-ray disc w/ cut scenes like it was his job (it was). disappointments include the beauties in the beasts and how it has to install the chapters every time but hey, i get to have a cig break with snake…

2. Little Big Planet

there are things in this world so goddamn charming, it’s simply irresistible. lbp is one of them. it’s genius. this is the kind of innovation that pushes the game industry forward. it’s creations tools and content sharing is a clear vision of the future and light years ahead of anything out on any console. the physics needs a bit of tweaking but this game is brilliant. the music is off the hook and so is the campaign. long live sackboy!

1. Valkyria Chronicles

imagine an epic anime series, real time strategy, turn based strategy, rpg, and 3rd person shooter, all rolled into one piece of entertainment. now, imagine that being done w/ style, grace, and japanese polish. now, either your head exploded or you’re saying it’s not possible. valkyria chronicles is the diamond in the ruff. a pure gem. a masterpiece. the story is powerful and the characters, loveable. the graphics, beautiful and so is the music. the japanese voice is spot on and it’s an available option. the gameplay is deep, rewarding, and most importantly, so much fun. the quantity of music is little scarce. the physics is weak but doesn’t come in to play. 50 hours well spent.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

Like the title says, this is my top 10 ps3 exclusives that i've played & finished thus far

10. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

the only Ratchet & Clank game i've played. this game has great humor and beautiful cartoony graphics, complete w/ topnotch voice work. the story is nothing special and if i remember correctly, ended in a cliffhanger. nonetheless, the characters all have unique personalities to make up for what's lacking. the gameplay is mostly a 3rd person shooter with some light platforming and light puzzles. great variety of upgradeable weapons gives you lots of ways to handle your foes. this game also earns kudos for best use of the six-axis i've encountered. the game is on the easy side which means people of all ages can enjoy it.

9. inFamous

possibility the best superhero game ever. this sand-box adventure provides some seriously satisfying, silky smooth action. the story isn’t gripping but the ending is perfect. you can play as either good or evil and the world’s atmosphere will evolve w/ you. the graphics aren’t the best but during heavy combat, I felt the compromise was well worth it. the comic-book style cut scenes are well done. the voice work is good, even if the script is not. the short list of boss fights are epic and awesome. this game could easily be higher up on the list, only if the mission variety wasn’t so disappointing.

8. Heavy Rain

this is a special game. Quantic Dream further developed what they started with Indigo Prophecy and this time around, the story is much stronger. the voice cast isn’t stellar but the script is strong. even w/ some of the blemishes, the graphics are some of the best on the console. it’s interactive gaming that sometimes succeeds on redefining what it means to game. however, for a gamer, the gameplay amounts to not more than quick-time-events. this concept is still in its infancy and I want to see where it goes from here.

7. Uncharted

what can I say? I love drake, elena, and sully. the minute this game started spinning in my ps3, these characters came alive like no other virtual people this generation. the passion and love that went into those characters were undeniable. they were breathing and bursting with personality. the graphics are still among the best on the system. the script is funny and the voice, brilliant. the shooting is a little wonky, the platforming is fun, and the puzzles are clever. it’s short and sweet, really sweet.

6. God of War 3

the final act in the god of war “trilogy”. the graphics are just ridiculous. omg…the scale…the fidelity…the epicenes…anyway, hands down the best combat system in the series, adding on top of the improvements made in 2. the story is probably the worst in the series and the puzzles also. the game definitely plays it safe but it’s the kind of blockbuster treatment that haters can only dream about in their games.

5. Killzone 2

another visual stone cold stunner. the bold and gritty art style is immediately striking, it’s too bad that the campaign is so by-the-number. i like what they did on the gameplay side. never has pumping bullets into enemy flesh been so damn satisfying. the sense of weight in this game feels realistic and immersive. the cover is unique, if flawed. enemy a.i. is impressive and the multiplayer is fresh. I find myself going back to this game time to time to kill some helghast

4. Uncharted 2

the ps3 killer app. drake is back and holy fucking shit, i think he made people care about the ps3. set-piece after set-piece, this is THE blockbuster rollercoaster ride. get ready for the imitators… the same quality script and the same quality voice. the jaw-dropping graphics and scripted event, and the much improved shooting and combat mechanics. the fun co-op and competitive multiplayer. this is how sequels are done fools.

3. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

look, i’m bias. it’s my list, get over it or sue me. solid snake’s last mission and you bet it’s fan service. epic show down with liquid. raiden redeeming himself (i’ve always liked him), and shadow mosses. kojima tied everything together (more than he needed to) and filled that blu-ray disc w/ cut scenes like it was his job (it was). disappointments include the beauties in the beasts and how it has to install the chapters every time but hey, i get to have a cig break with snake…

2. Little Big Planet

there are things in this world so goddamn charming, it’s simply irresistible. lbp is one of them. it’s genius. this is the kind of innovation that pushes the game industry forward. it’s creations tools and content sharing is a clear vision of the future and light years ahead of anything out on any console. the physics needs a bit of tweaking but this game is brilliant. the music is off the hook and so is the campaign. long live sackboy!

1. Valkyria Chronicles

imagine an epic anime series, real time strategy, turn based strategy, rpg, and 3rd person shooter, all rolled into one piece of entertainment. now, imagine that being done w/ style, grace, and japanese polish. now, either your head exploded or you’re saying it’s not possible. valkyria chronicles is the diamond in the ruff. a pure gem. a masterpiece. the story is powerful and the characters, loveable. the graphics, beautiful and so is the music. the japanese voice is spot on and it’s an available option. the gameplay is deep, rewarding, and most importantly, so much fun. the quantity of music is little scarce. the physics is weak but doesn’t come in to play. 50 hours well spent.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

Valkyria Chronicles is fantastic

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By liquiddragon

really great!! a console sequel has so much potential....

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By kingzetta
    @liquiddragon: the psp game is great also
    liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By liquiddragon

yeah played the demo and seems the gameplay is intact but i'm also looking for the same level of story plus japanese voice

Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Daroki

@liquiddragon said:

I'll pour one out for R&C once you finish. :) (Demon's Souls was so good, can't wait for Dark Souls this October...)

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By soldierg654342

I really liked Valkiria Chronicles game-play, but I absolutely dispised it's story. I still bought the DLC (save for EX Hard Mode) though just so I could get more of that gameplay. I would say it's coser to a sapphire in the rough than a diamond. It has some significant flaws but it's mechanics are unique and engaging enough that I was able to mostly overlook them. 

theoldhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By theoldhouse

10/10 for Valkyria Chronicles 

Perfect masterpiece

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By ESREVER

Yay for VC being amazing! 
    Boo for SEGA for not bringing the 3rd over >:( 

(the second is fun, but I'm having a hard time getting into it cause of the setting and characters.)

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By RobotHamster

Such an amazing game,  I really hope they make a PS3 sequel one day.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By liquiddragon
    @SoldierG654342: haha the story is def melodramatic but nothing an anime fan can't deal with and the gameplay is by no means flawless but does so much right
    i think it stands tall among the "triple A" games
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spoonman671

Dude, you need to play A Crack in Time!  It's way better than Tools of Destruction, and I think it's actually the best Ratchet and Clank game out there.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By liquiddragon
    @Spoonman671: yeah i hear it's great. i still have to play quest for booty i got from the welcome back program, hopefully i'll get to it some day, right now i've got a ridiculous backlog of games i want to play
    Stitches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Stitches

Good list!
    Valkyria chronicles was awesome.
    To bad ps3 really lacks some good jrpg's :( ps2 had so many of them.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Sayishere

I never played it, but the graphic style is so nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.