Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

Selvaria Content is actually worth buying

coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By coffeesash

Although the DLC doesn't say anything about it, the Selvaria pack actually has 4 missions, although one is unlockable only after certain conditions are met. It's 230 meg and has new cutscenes with English and Japanese speech. I don't remember the maps that the levels take place on, but they could come from the original game. It's quite lengthy, especially if you want to unlock mission 4.

Destructoid's review says the other level pack is only 1 mission and is really bad, so I didn't bother with it :P

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Luke

Thanks for the heads-up!  I haven't bought any of the DLC yet for this and thanks to you, I may get this one for sure :) 

Really would like a damn Trophies Patch though :p

coffeesash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By coffeesash

Tell me about it, I want to do another playthrough, this time in HD and with the English speech but I can hold out a little longer. I guess that at current pricing and lack of proper info of the content, the DLC will tank and they won't bother with trophy support. Althouuugh, it has very little bearing because of course the game is popular in Japan and if they put it in there, they might as well do the same for the USA/Euro ones.

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Patchinko

That's good news because I just bought this one.

I skipped the Edy one (for now) in part because she's not a very good, and I honestly found her annoying. :)

Anyone try the hard mode DLC? How was it?

DryPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DryPenguin

I bought all of it.  I love this game and wanted to support it because I know it was overlooked by many.  Working on hard mode Patchinko

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.