Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

Valkyria Chronicles DLC

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By eroticfishcake

As far as I know there's two DLC packs going for about 5 euro. To me this sounds rather pricey for DLC so I just wanted to know, what can I expect from them and how long are they?

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By DanielJW
    This looks like it has a bunch of info. Hopefully that'll do it for you.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @DanielJW said:
    " This looks like it has a bunch of info. Hopefully that'll do it for you. "
    Gah! I'm kicking myself for not thinking about Googling it instead. >_>

Thanks a million anyway, that looks pretty concise and I need another reason to get back to this.

Some personal input by other users is appreciated of course.
    rhombus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By rhombus

Interestingly how much you get out of the DLC time-wise may be inversely proportional to how much you get out of it fun-wise. That is to say, the content itself is fairly short, so if you're getting tons of hours out of it, it's probably cause you're dying alot. For most, the new missions are probably the bigger draw, but they're the shortest part  of the DLC. Edy's mission is not just extremely short, but also somewhat frustrating. Selvaria's mission pack offers alot more, both in gameplay and in story/character, but ends right when you start getting drawn in

The Hard EX mode is exactly what it says on the label and it lives up to its name - if you're all about a tactical challenge the extra hard skirmishes offer up alot of fun new gameplay. If you didn't really care about skirmishes, and don't care about pushing your tactics to the extreme, this content isn't for you. It would have been great if they allowed you to replay the story missions in Hard EX, but alas. As such, there's nothing really "new" here,but the increased difficulty and lack of tank makes you approach the old skirmishes from a totally new perspective, so if you replay all the skirmishes, that's a decent amount of game time to sink in. I personally think bumping the challenge up to extreme can occasionally expose the flaws of the dice-rollin' RPG under-the-hood mechanics, as sometimes missions will come down to random chance- like whether or not you or the enemy manages to auto-dodge, activate potentials, or land hits and headshots.

If I had to recommend just one of the DLC packs, I'd go for the Selvaria missions. That being said, if you're just a big fan of the game and like some challenge, you'll probably at least ENJOY them all, but might be a bit miffed at the shortness of the missions and lack of true "new" content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.