Will Giant Bomb Review this?

#1 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

I played the demo last night, and just pre ordered it to get the art book, I'd love to see a GB review and was wondering if anyone knew if they were planning on it or not.

#2 Posted by Hexogen (766 posts) -

It doesn't really seem up their alley if you ask me, but who knows for sure?

#3 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I highly doubt it.

Doesn't seem like thier kind of game.

Still it would be nice of any of the staff at least mentions the game's existence next week by talking about it on the Bombcast or something.

Yet a part of me doubts they will even mention it in the release calender because of all the other games that are coming up.

#4 Posted by MattyFTM (14342 posts) -

With the number of huge releases out and due out in the near future, I doubt they'll find time to review it. They're just 4 guys. They're not a huge editorial staff like Gamespot or IGN, they can't review every game that comes out, and at this time of year they have to be particularly choosy about which games they review.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1913 posts) -

I doubt it, even though it'll be awesome.

#6 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -

I doubt it too. But hey, all of us here seem excited and will probably (I know I will) get this game at launch. We can writte the reviews.

#7 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -
zitosilva said:
"I doubt it too. But hey, all of us here seem excited and will probably (I know I will) get this game at launch. We can writte the reviews."
I'm thinking that the staff will do what they did the week of Crysis Warhead and start to pick the best user reviews and feature them on the site.
#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Maybe they will, maybe they won't...how are we supposed to know.

#9 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
zitosilva said:
"I doubt it too. But hey, all of us here seem excited and will probably (I know I will) get this game at launch. We can writte the reviews."
True, but lets write in to the bombcast to remind them to at least mention it on their release calender. This game seems like a right evolution of FF tactics style gameplay, and it would be a shame if nobody knew about it.
#10 Posted by Bolt3 (125 posts) -
StaticFalconar said:
"zitosilva said:
True, but lets write in to the bombcast to remind them to at least mention it on their release calender. This game seems like a right evolution of FF tactics style gameplay, and it would be a shame if nobody knew about it."
You're right. It's in the PS3 charts here in UK, but quite low (ie around the 5-10th areas when I'm looking in the shops) and it feels that this game is just thrown into one side and it's covered with really big high profile games.

It's already out here in the UK, and just to let you know that I'm enjoying what I'm playing so far. The story in particular, has rather shocked me,  it's well told and better then I anticipated!
#11 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
Bolt3 said:
"StaticFalconar said:
"zitosilva said:
True, but lets write in to the bombcast to remind them to at least mention it on their release calender. This game seems like a right evolution of FF tactics style gameplay, and it would be a shame if nobody knew about it."
You're right. It's in the PS3 charts here in UK, but quite low (ie around the 5-10th areas when I'm looking in the shops) and it feels that this game is just thrown into one side and it's covered with really big high profile games.

It's already out here in the UK, and just to let you know that I'm enjoying what I'm playing so far. The story in particular, has rather shocked me,  it's well told and better then I anticipated!"
Well, I'm glad somebody is enjoying it at least.
#12 Posted by zitosilva (1838 posts) -
Bolt3 said:
"StaticFalconar said:
"zitosilva said:

It's already out here in the UK, and just to let you know that I'm enjoying what I'm playing so far. The story in particular, has rather shocked me,  it's well told and better then I anticipated!"
I didn't know that. Since I have no choice but to import games I think I might buy this now then. Do you know any good european sites that deliver world wide?
#13 Posted by Bolt3 (125 posts) -
zitosilva said:
"Bolt3 said:
"StaticFalconar said:
"zitosilva said:

I didn't know that. Since I have no choice but to import games I think I might buy this now then. Do you know any good european sites that deliver world wide?"
Game.co.uk deliver worldwide and that's where I got the game from, I think they have it in stock too. Give Ebay a shot too, as some sellers may be selling it. Otherwise, I don't know, sorry about that. When does it come out in the US?
#14 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -

It comes out tomorrow in the US, I'm planning on picking it up, I can't wait.  I'm a big Resistance fan but could really use of change of pace right now, Resistance can wait until Christmas, I'm not made of money (just bought GH World Tour, Wii Fit, Little Big Planet, and Castlevania: OOE, too many games this season!)

#15 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

I doubt they will since its does not come off as one of the games they would enjoy or know much about. It is a tactic-ish RPG iirc? I have not been keeping up with it to much since I do not own a PS3.

#16 Posted by SpinCookie (680 posts) -
Zenaxzd said:
"I doubt they will since its does not come off as one of the games they would enjoy or know much about. It is a tactic-ish RPG iirc? I have not been keeping up with it to much since I do not own a PS3."
Yeah it's a strategy RPG (like FF Tactics, Jeanne D'Arc, Disgaea, Advance Wars), except that when you go to do your attack it zooms into the battlefield to be a 3rd person shooter where you have a certain amount of action points to move around, then you can aim your shot (with your selected weapon) and fire.
#17 Posted by Atlas (2430 posts) -

Doubt it. Not a lot of love for the JRPG's round here. Maybe get a few quick thoughts on the Bombcast, like Jeff's thoughts on Infinite Undiscovery, but a full review is unlikely.

#18 Edited by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -

Brad liked Dark Cloud 2 back in the day, and that game is incredibly Japanese. Plus some of them do play strategy games, so I wouldn't rule out hope of a GB review.

StaticFalconar was right, though. They didn't even mention it on the Bombcast when talking about upcoming games.

#19 Posted by murse2008 (240 posts) -

Based on other reviews this is one of the best games of the year. I really do hope they review it.

#20 Posted by kingmasters (410 posts) -

VC is my game of the year

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.