Gabe says he'll make all our dreams come true this E3

• 100 results
#1 Posted by Maajin (1060 posts) -

Did you guys see this? Some folks at 4chan were, well, 4channing:

They sent this e-mail to gaben@valvesoftware.com

The next day, presumably Gabe wrote back with this:

I can't atest for the truthness of it all, and maybe a really angry intern is taking care of Gabe's e-mail account. If it's really Gabe Newell though, I just hope he doesn't think our favorite thing is a new Day of Defeat or something.

#2 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4424 posts) -

DOTA 3 (because they fucking can). Portal 3. Left 4 Dead 3. No Half-Life 3 though because he wants to see us suffer.

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@Maajin said:

I can't atest for the truthness of it all, and maybe a really angry intern is taking care of Gabe's e-mail account. If it's really Gabe Newell though, I just hope he doesn't think our favorite thing is a new Day of Defeat or something.

Would Gabe waste his time writing back to 4chan 13 year olds?

#4 Posted by endaround (2144 posts) -

10 foot interface for Steam confirmed! And an announcement that Half Life Episode 3 is in development and scheduled to be released concurrent with DirectX 16

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Half-Life 3.

#6 Posted by Ghostiet (5252 posts) -

FUCK YES THEY'LL RELEASE MEET THE PYRO

#7 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Actually he has a history of responding to emails personally. I wouldn't be surprised if that was him.

#8 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

GABE IN A THONG ROLLING AROUND IN AN INFLATABLE POOL OF YELLO JELL-O!

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (9906 posts) -

Steam 3.

#10 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@Ghostiet said:

#11 Posted by MatPaget (1115 posts) -

I'm sure he was just fucking with them.

#12 Posted by Marz (5649 posts) -

Steam for Xbox incoming.

#13 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

Origin will replace Steam? 
Awesome!

#14 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

@MatPaget said:

I'm sure he was just fucking with them.

#15 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Left 4 Dead 3 won't come out before Half-Life 3 / Episode Three. I'm calling it.

#16 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Oh Gabe baby, all you have to do to make that happen is to pose for nude pictures.

#17 Posted by ProfessorEss (7324 posts) -

Wait, what? Make all my dreams come true?

VALVE'S MAKING A SEQUEL TO VIVA PINATA!?! SWEET!!!!

#18 Edited by gike987 (1753 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man: Gabe often responds to emails. He even say what his email is in the beginning of the Portal 2 developer commentary and tells you that he tries to respond to them.

#19 Posted by RazielCuts (2952 posts) -

Surely by 'all of your favourite things' he means everything they have outlined in their email, because how else would he know what their favourite things are?

#20 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -

Final Fantasy 7 remake in the Source engine confirmed.

#21 Posted by Kombat (2205 posts) -

@Afroman269 said:

@Ghostiet said:

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (11866 posts) -

Valve are making System Shock 3...or maybe just System Shock 2: Episode 1.

#23 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Do we even want HL3 at this point? 

In 2012, nearing the next console's arrival, with games like Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2 on the market (tech/graphics), games like Modern Warfare and Gears of War (shootiness), do we REALLY want a non-iron-sights crowbar-driven shooter looking like LEFT 4 DEAD and loading every 2 minutes like PORTAL 2? 

The only way HL3 would be a decent game today is if Valve created Source 2.0, so, are we expecting that? will Valve do a good job with an all new engine?

#24 Edited by AndrewB (7593 posts) -

Oh fuck. Black Mesa Source is releasing?!@AhmadMetallic said:

In 2012, nearing the next console's arrival, with games like Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2 on the market (tech/graphics), games like Modern Warfare and Gears of War (shootiness), do we REALLY want a non-iron-sights crowbar-driven shooter looking like LEFT 4 DEAD and loading every 2 minutes like PORTAL 2? The only way HL3 would be a decent game today is if Valve created Source 2.0, so, are we expecting that? will Valve do a good job with an all new engine?

Source was fucking amazing for its time. The first engine to really blow minds with the sophistication of physics. It's been long enough now that Valve has had time to code an entirely new engine, and I feel like a big reason Episode 3 never came out is because Valve knew that, for what they wanted to do for that game, their current engine wasn't enough. They've since done some amazing things with Source, but it remains a fairly weak engine compared to its contemporaries.

New flagship title with brand new engine to coincide with upcoming generation of capable consoles. It's a no-brainer prediction.

#25 Posted by EuanDewar (4899 posts) -

Stranger danger

#26 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

DUDE I'M GONNA BE RICH. FUCKING A

#27 Posted by SamFo (1528 posts) -

Maybe i read this wrong, but isn't his tone more like "Even if we DID release everything you wanted... You still wouldn't be happy."

Rather than "Be happy, because we are going to release everything you want!!!"

#28 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Maajin said:

That's kind of the brilliance of Gabe Newell though, isn't it? He totally WOULD do that, just to spite them.

#29 Posted by Daiphyer (1334 posts) -

Team Fortress 3. Calling it.

#30 Posted by BoG (5187 posts) -

Uh, that doesn't seem like a serious comment. "All of your favorite things" means absolutely nothing. It's a joke. Don't analyze it more than necessary.

#31 Posted by ArcadeHero (70 posts) -

I really hope this is a new Three Musketeers game, just to fuck with everyone.

It has a 3!

#32 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

@RazielCuts: Lol! That video is hilarious!

#33 Posted by Maajin (1060 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

Oh fuck. Black Mesa Source is releasing?!@AhmadMetallic said:

In 2012, nearing the next console's arrival, with games like Battlefield 3 and Witcher 2 on the market (tech/graphics), games like Modern Warfare and Gears of War (shootiness), do we REALLY want a non-iron-sights crowbar-driven shooter looking like LEFT 4 DEAD and loading every 2 minutes like PORTAL 2? The only way HL3 would be a decent game today is if Valve created Source 2.0, so, are we expecting that? will Valve do a good job with an all new engine?

Source was fucking amazing for its time. The first engine to really blow minds with the sophistication of physics. It's been long enough now that Valve has had time to code an entirely new engine, and I feel like a big reason Episode 3 never came out is because Valve knew that, for what they wanted to do for that game, their current engine wasn't enough. They've since done some amazing things with Source, but it remains a fairly weak engine compared to its contemporaries.

New flagship title with brand new engine to coincide with upcoming generation of capable consoles. It's a no-brainer prediction.

Though I really fucking hope that HL3 or Episode 3 doesn't play exactly like CoD.

#34 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I laughed when I read the title because I can imagine Gabe just doing that to fuck with everyone.

Man, Gabe and Valve are awesome.

#35 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Pretty sure he's just being a sarcastic dick.

#36 Posted by Cincaid (2956 posts) -
#37 Posted by IAmNotBatman (634 posts) -

LOL 4chan.

OT: If this is real then FUCK YOU GABE!

#38 Posted by Alphazero (1536 posts) -

You have to admit that the 4chan letter to Gabe makes some salient points. Not to mention, HL3 dickfuck why fruitcake tears sorry episode widecock.

#39 Posted by Winternet (8015 posts) -

Gabe Newell is going to my maid for a week? Sweet!

Wait, what? Uhh, nevermind.

#40 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

DOTA 2 Episode 1?

#41 Posted by bybeach (4793 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Valve are making System Shock 3...or maybe just System Shock 2: Episode 1.

I'm suddenly a happy man. So far I was going with the before mentioned Portal 3 or Steam 3, but this is much better.

#42 Posted by SoundChaser (51 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Maajin said:

He does answer almost all of the mail he gets (which I think is really awesome), but I don't think this one is legit.

#43 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@SoundChaser said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Maajin said:

He does answer almost all of the mail he gets (which I think is really awesome), but I don't think this one is legit.

Ive been quoted and told this about 5 times now.

#44 Posted by Sackmanjones (4689 posts) -

I laugh at everyone who thinks this means half life 3 is coming  

#45 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

Oh no...so Gabe is going to come over to my house and try to eat me with a fork and knife?!  How did he even find out about that dream?  God damn Steam monitoring everything!

#46 Posted by ch3burashka (5046 posts) -

He has a record of replying to fans (even the most foul ones).

He also knows that this would get around the forums.

I say he's telling the truth. It's the only thing I can believe in.

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

You mean Chell on Alyx action?

#48 Posted by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

I feel like I had a stroke and couldn't remember how to read after seeing that email.

#49 Posted by TyrellOCP (336 posts) -

It's not going to be HL2:Ep3 or HL3.

Gabe Newel is the greatest troll/cock tease the internet has ever known and long may he wind up fanboys.

#50 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

Steam -2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.