Valve

#1 Posted by TeamJersey (339 posts) -

So Valve is going to announce "3 big suprises" in the next 12 months?  

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/09/01/valve-has-three-pretty-big-surprises-coming-in-next-12-months/

How much are we willing to bet none of those projects will include Half Life 2: Episode 3?  Knowing Valve, that game probably will be released with no announcements or fanfare. 

#2 Posted by 71Ranchero (2668 posts) -

I will put money on one being "Half Life Mega Party Games on the Moon: Twilight Edition". That should calm the rabid HL fans for a few more years.

#3 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Uh, I'll leave a token bet on that, but only because it's so long overdue... 

But anyway, P(HL2E3 is announced in the next year) = approx 3.0e-9000. Probably.

#4 Posted by eezo (284 posts) -

Weeelll i read the other day that the swedish dude behind Minecraft was takin a trip to Valve
so we might be seeing minecraft on the source engine... would be cool i guess =) also
HL2 E3 would be insane!

#5 Edited by ThatFrood (3373 posts) -

Pfft. Please.
I doubt they've even started working on it.

#6 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

its probably 3 new IPs ..

#7 Posted by McPaper (254 posts) -
@eezo said:
" Weeelll i read the other day that the swedish dude behind Minecraft was takin a trip to Valve so we might be seeing minecraft on the source engine... would be cool i guess =) also HL2 E3 would be insane! "
I doub't the source engine can make infinite worlds. I would imagine it will still be Java based.
#8 Posted by CaptainObvious (2992 posts) -

I'm calling it, subscription model for steam.

#9 Posted by BeachThunder (11630 posts) -

I can't tell whether it's more surprising if they announce HL(e)3 within the next year or if they don't.

#10 Posted by AndrewB (7436 posts) -

Half-Life 3 
Half-Life 3 
and Half-Life 3. 

Seriously though: Half-Life 3, Defense of the Ancients, and an unknown brand new Valve IP.

#11 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -
@AndrewB said:

" Half-Life 3 Half-Life 3 and Half-Life 3.  Seriously though: Half-Life 3, Defense of the Ancients, and an unknown brand new Valve IP. "

#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

I really want one of them to be Half-Life 2: Episode 3/Half-Life 3 but whatever these surprises are I'm sure we're in for something awesome.

#13 Posted by Hyuzen (442 posts) -

Its only been what 2 years since the orange box came out? next fall HL2E3 coming out would be a standard development cycle, just far to long for a game with 'episode' in the title 
HL2E3 
DOTA 
New engine.... k thats unlikely but it would be awesome. i'd guess more realistically a new IP 

#14 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

Team Fortress 3 
Team Fortress 2 goes free to play  
Black Mesa Source guys are hired and finally releasing the mod.

#15 Posted by BeachThunder (11630 posts) -
@Hyuzen said:
" Its only been what 2 years since the orange box came out?"
October 2007

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.