What would you prefer them to work on?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
#2 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -

I think it's pathetic that they are working on a MAC based support for videogames, when they don't even release games on the PS3.

#3 Posted by HatKing (5844 posts) -

I don't get the option of them staying the same?  I don't own a Mac or a PS3... and I like Valve so I do not wish them to burn in hell. :/
#4 Edited by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@HatKing said:

" I don't get the option of them staying the same?  I don't own a Mac or a PS3... and I like Valve so I do not wish them to burn in hell. :/ "

that makes sense. too late unfortunately, your comment was noted.
#5 Edited by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

So you're saying the 360 isn't an 'actual console'? I'm amazed and glad they work with any consoles at all. 

I want them to update the 360 version of TF2, but I doubt its ever going to happen.

#6 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Fuck Mac support, people who can afford one of the Macs' that doesn't have a shitty inbuilt GPU can obviously afford to buy a decent Windows PC.

#7 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" So you're saying the 360 isn't an 'actual console'? I'm amazed and glad they work with any consoles at all.  I want them to update the 360 of TF2, but I doubt its ever going to happen. "
I am saying mac isn't a console, and it isn't specifically designed for gamers. 
#8 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

Well, keep doing what there doing pc and 360 games.

#9 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@Gizmo said:
" Fuck Mac support, people who can afford one of the Macs' that doesn't have a shitty inbuilt GPU can obviously afford to buy a decent Windows PC. "
I agree. It doesn't make much sense to suddenly support mac if they aren't even supporting the PS3, there must be some negotiations behind this stuff.
#10 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I want them to stay the same and keep making games for PC and 360. 

#11 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Valve Software's chief Gabe Newell has unleashed a stinging attack on PS3, saying Sony should cancel the console and start all over again.

"The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted," Newell reportedly said in an interview with Game Informer. 

He continued: "I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a do over. Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it'."

It's a different story with Nintendo, however, Newell revealing he really likes "everything that Nintendo is doing." 

"The happy story is the Wii," he said. "I'm betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I'm crazy."

Sweet guy.
#12 Posted by TheHT (10933 posts) -

EPEESODA THREE.

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@TheHT said:
" EPEESODA THREE. "
#14 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
"

Valve Software's chief Gabe Newell has unleashed a stinging attack on PS3, saying Sony should cancel the console and start all over again.

"The PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think It's really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted," Newell reportedly said in an interview with Game Informer. 

He continued: "I'd say, even at this late date, they should just cancel it and do a do over. Just say, 'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it'."

It's a different story with Nintendo, however, Newell revealing he really likes "everything that Nintendo is doing." 

"The happy story is the Wii," he said. "I'm betting that by Christmas of next year, the Wii has a larger installed base than the 360. Other people think I'm crazy."

Sweet guy. "
wtf? that guy is retarded.
#15 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

B and C

#16 Posted by Xolare (1274 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:
"

Sweet guy. "
Let's just hope he's being satirical.
#17 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

blatant bias is blatant.

#18 Posted by Soap (3570 posts) -

Episode 3 is never coming, even if it does it can only be a let down now.

#19 Posted by Andheez (580 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: 
They promised they would too, those bastards.  I love that game, but got tired of the same stuff, and low player count + glitching.
#20 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I'd like to see them develop Bioware's games for them.  Let the BW crew stick to writing scripts.

#21 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@Xolare said:
" @rjayb89 said:
"

Sweet guy. "
Let's just hope he's being satirical. "
He's obviously joking! How could one even take such a statement seriously when Sony is so far ahead in the console race?

right guys
#22 Posted by MattyFTM (14352 posts) -

They don't work on PS3 because of the complete lack of help & support from Sony when they were working on The Orange Box for PS3.

#23 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I want Episode 3.

#24 Posted by Jimbo (9776 posts) -
'This was a horrible disaster and we're sorry and we're going to stop selling this and stop trying to convince people to develop for it'.'

That would be the greatest press release in history.
#25 Posted by Dirty_Harry (717 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" Well, keep doing what there doing pc and 360 games. "

#26 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

While I'm most concerned about where my episode 3 is right now it seems a bit harsh to tell Valve to burn in hell, in fact now I think about it I guess it's not really even my episode 3 but it would be nice to have some details on it or even information on what's caused the hold-up. I don't have a PS3 or a Mac myself so those aren't particularly major concerns for me.

#27 Edited by Vager (1653 posts) -

This thread made me realize that I never liked a Valve game before. Weird..

#28 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2907 posts) -

Screw the PS3 (in this instance), where's my Half Life sequel? It's been years. I'm suffering withdrawal over here!

#29 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" They don't work on PS3 because of the complete lack of help & support from Sony when they were working on The Orange Box for PS3. "
or when EA was working on it....

I just want Episode 3 and Portal 2 to be on the PS3.
#30 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

GabeN is an idiot. The man doesn't even have a neck for God's sake.

#31 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

I would prefer they worked on HL3. It is too late for episode 3, or at least too late for another game with the same Source engine. They need to bring back Half Life and create as big an impact as they did when they first released HL2.

#32 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" They don't work on PS3 because of the complete lack of help & support from Sony when they were working on The Orange Box for PS3. "
So their holding a grudge? Though I do admit Sony has a ''go fuck yourself'' attitude in certain aspects, which can get annoying.
#33 Posted by Snail (8584 posts) -

I love Macs but where the fuck is Episode 3?

#34 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

Wow, I've never seen somebody so scared of another platform getting their precious games.  Mac users being able to play games without having to have a separate hard-drive partition will not be the end of the world, I assure you. 

Also, you know what else?  The people who are making the mac ports obviously are not the same people that would be working on a new game.  Companies have different people working on different things.  People in charge of porting Steam to the Mac are not gonna be the same people making a new game, or even the people that make console ports.   So even if they are working on PS3 ports, it'd be totally different staffmembers working on it, most likely. 

Also, just to throw it out there, the days that Macs were overpriced are long since past.  Price an iMac next to a comparable Dell or somesuch someday.  You'll be surprised.

#35 Posted by TheHT (10933 posts) -
@Soap said:
" Episode 3 is never coming, even if it does it can only be a let down now. "
Remember Half-Life 2?
#36 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

we all want episode 3, but at this point im used to waiting (and kinda lost hope) 
i am looking foward to portal 2, it being a full length game

#37 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

Half Life: 4  

skipping 3 will really advance the story

#38 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

They're PC developers to the core. 
Source Engine isn't optimized for the PS3.
And I don't care what game they choose to do next, it's still gonna be great.  Hey, I atleast have patience. 

So, Valve can keep doing what they do, personally.

#39 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
" Half Life: 4   skipping 3 will really advance the story "
Dude, they aren't even done with their half life 2 shit yet.  Even if they skip 3 i'll be lucky to see half life 4 in my life.
#40 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -
@Skytylz said:
" @Th3_James said:
Dude, they aren't even done with their half life 2 shit yet.  Even if they skip 3 i'll be lucky to see half life 4 in my life. "
I want them to just skip the rest of 2, and all of 3. Then in 4 have the characters re minis about past events that you never got to play.  

" Hey Gordan, remember when you got so wasted and hooked up with that nasty chick? Head crabs wasn't the only thing she gave you....." 
*shoots Barney*  
#41 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

i love my mac and my PS3 

BUT I WANT EPISODE 3 GOD DAMN IT!!!!

#42 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@angelkanarias said:
" @rjayb89 said:
"

Sweet guy. "
wtf? that guy is retarded. "
"That guy" is responsible for everything Valve. He created Steam and Half Life. I don't understand the Mac move, either, though.
#43 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -
@Th3_James said:
" @Skytylz said:
" @Th3_James said:
Dude, they aren't even done with their half life 2 shit yet.  Even if they skip 3 i'll be lucky to see half life 4 in my life. "
I want them to just skip the rest of 2, and all of 3. Then in 4 have the characters re minis about past events that you never got to play.   " Hey Gordan, remember when you got so wasted and hooked up with that nasty chick? Head crabs wasn't the only thing she gave you....." *shoots Barney*   "
They should do this.
#44 Posted by Hamst3r (4462 posts) -
@angelkanarias said:
" I think it's pathetic that they are working on a MAC based support for videogames, when they don't even release games on the PS3. "

D. Stop releasing games for the 360 and focus on making Steam for Windows and Mac better, as well as getting EP 3 done. :)
#45 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Gabe Newell hates ps3 the same way Nomura hates the 360. 

#46 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

Also keep in mind Gabe was talking smack about the PS3 back in '07 when it was a lot worse off than it is now.

#47 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" @angelkanarias said:
" @rjayb89 said:
"

Sweet guy. "
wtf? that guy is retarded. "
"That guy" is responsible for everything Valve. He created Steam and Half Life. I don't understand the Mac move, either, though. "
I perfectly know who he is, that doesn't mean he can't make retarded statements like the one above.
#48 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
" @angelkanarias said:
" I think it's pathetic that they are working on a MAC based support for videogames, when they don't even release games on the PS3. "
D. Stop releasing games for the 360 and focus on making Steam for Windows and Mac better, as well as getting EP 3 done. :) "
that would work for me. seems like a nice deal. now I should wake up.
#49 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

how about a new orange box that includes episode 3 portal 2 and a new counter strike that would be fantastic
#50 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@pwnasaurus said:
" how about a new orange box that includes episode 3 portal 2 and a new counter strike that would be fantastic "
That would be too good to be true :O, but yeah, it would be my perfect dream.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.