Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valve Corporation

Company »

The developer of many acclaimed game franchises such as Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Portal, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, Left 4 Dead, and Dota. They are also responsible for the massively successful PC digital distribution service Steam.

Whats in the box?(viral video)

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Phished0ne

has anyone  seen the "whats in the box" movie? If not heres a link

Valve is denying being tied to it, saying its just "another fan made movie" but some people think its suspect. A domain Whois was done for the website( www.whatsinthebox.nl) and it seems to be linked to a viral marketing company in the netherlands.

The commenters at 1up are going crazy, some people saying it's just fan made, some people saying its a phone ad, and some people calling it "a teaser for a 7 hour war game".  I personally think the special effects are a little too good for it to be "just a fan made movie" and the tie in to the viral marketing company is kinda fishy to me.
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

It does look a bit too good to be fan made. Closing a street and parking cars all over it, getting a bus to use, ect. That's not to say a fan couldn't do it, special effects are getting easier all the time, but if a fan did go to all that trouble I would think they'd have their name all over it. I know I would if I made it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.