Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 16, 2004

Bloodlines is a first person action-RPG built on Source engine and based on the World of Darkness setting from White Wolf.

What are your favourite clans?

ninjadodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ninjadodo

First time I played as a Tremere which was interesting enough if a bit on the ethically dubious side (blood boil, seriously?) but second time I played Malkavian... HILARIOUS! Totally made me appreciate the game in a new light... from "that was interesting" to "man, this game is awesome!". Just trying to make sense of what you were saying to people was a puzzle half the time. And people's reactions: wow...

I was really surprised at the degree to which your interactions with people changed based on your clan. Being a Malk you could often really get into people's heads and get to their intentions or just generally make fun of them in ridiculous ways. And then of course there's stuff like the STOP-sign or the TV... "No one has yet been arrested in connection with the robbery, but police suspect that it was you."

Too bad it was never really finished. Some parts are sheer genius (most of santa monica, parts of downtown) but others just don't reach the same level (the museum, the warrens)...

ninjadodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ninjadodo

I finished my third playthrough of the game recently, this time as Gangrel. While it was not quite as entertaining as the Malkavian clan it was still good fun and the various transformation and summoning powers were pretty cool... though I must confess I was a little disappointed my character didn't have a unique war-form like Beckett does - if someone was ever to do a mod, I vote white tiger! - Instead you just get the same bat-like creature that every NPC Gangrel can do....

Killphuqdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Killphuqdie

I played through to that mission where you rescue some guy from a cave then it blows up and you have to run to a boat. Then it crashes and i never got it working again.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

The first time I played the game, I played as Gangrel. It. Was. AWESOME! But, I fucked up and the game had a small bug (which was largely attributed to a stupid error on my part, long story) and I lost the file. After that I played up until Downtown LA with a Toreador which was fun, but I stopped. I then played with a Nosferatu for a very short while and liked it a lot, but I stopped playing one day. If I ever go back to the game, I'll go Nosferatu. The stealth gameplay in that game is great.

ninjadodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ninjadodo

Killphuqdie: I personally haven't experienced this but it is a widely reported crash. The game was pretty buggy upon release. However, if you install both the official patch and community patches this and many other problems are solved. I'd give it another chance.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Origina1Penguin

Malkavian.  The dialogue options and responses alone make it a clear winner.  My first game was a Toreador, which was great for dialogue options as well.

I should post some screen shots of Malkavian dialogue options on GB!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By fox01313

Looking forward to playing this, getting it on Steam as trying to find it at Half Price Books chain or online results in the game being well over $50, from what I remember on the tabletop all the clans were quite unique with their own strengths & unique powers. Seemed to work better here in VtM than the werewolf, fae, ghostie & mage games done by white wolf.   

Definitely will try this game out like I did Dragon Age & other RPGs of setting aside a few hours to try out each clan/character origin to see what I like better but definitely leaning towards Toreador (as I'm digital artist by trade), Tremere & Malkavian (like the heavy angles of history in the Tremere or just plain crazy in the Malk.).

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Brians

Ventrue

Sidfiou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sidfiou

I started this game up two days ago. Completely new to the experience, I chose to roll the dice with the questionnaire and go with whatever they gave me. So, unfortunately, I got Nosferatu which I didn't realize how bad it was to start off with this class as your first until I got past the tutorial. Being stuck with having to play the game like Splinter Cell didn't really help.

I've rerolled as a Toreador, though, so I hope things go better.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Marz

I ended up getting Toreador first time i went through the questions.   It's been fun so far.

Rothbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rothbart

I played through once as a Tremere a while back, and that was great with all the magic and stuff. Now I've gone with the dice roll and ended up with Nosferatu, and I'm enjoying the game much more now. Having to sneak everywhere and never knowing how people will react to your appearance let's me appreciate the game in a different light.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TobbRobb

Malkavians are the funnies/most interesting. Though I like my first character :P "A Ventrue". Nosferatu are fun for how much they change the game, but I don't enjoy that roleplay as much. Not a fan of Brujah/Gangrel/Toreador, too boring.

EDIT: Tremere are fun for the kickass spells, my top 3 at least :D

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Getz

The only answer to this is Malkavian.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.