Amazing concept art.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6364 posts) -

Yusuke Kan, one of the game's artists, has released concept art for us all to enjoy. 

Amazing stuff.
#2 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

Those are gorgeous. I thought Vanquish had a very awesome art style to it. Everything looked so clean and crisp, but wasn't boring. That game has some gorgeous visuals in it. 
Great game.

#3 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -

Yep, that looks like Vanquish.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I want a game to be released with the sketchy and rough look of concept arts. I think it'd be interesting.

#5 Posted by XenoNick (1481 posts) -

Nice. Love the art style Vanquish uses.

#6 Edited by GunstarRed (5453 posts) -

They look ace, I wish the greener areas in the game looked as good as the art though as thats probably the weakest looking section in the game.
#7 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I want a game to be released with the sketchy and rough look of concept arts. I think it'd be interesting. "
Didn't PoP '08 try that? 
I think I remember it was one of their goals.
#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@ESREVER: PoP '08 looked good, but I don't think that's really the look that I'm imagining. I'm not even sure what I'm imagining myself. I just look at those concept arts and some from other games and I just think about a game looking like that but in motion.
#9 Posted by FritzDude (2273 posts) -
  Looks Pretty good
#10 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -

Wow it looks exactly like the game! I thought Vanquish looked way too busy to ever tell what was going on, but it's interesting to see that even the concept art looked like that.

I think Prince of Persia '08 did look pretty close to that idea.

#11 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -

O_O Wonder how much time those took

#12 Posted by GravityProof (282 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I want a game to be released with the sketchy and rough look of concept arts. I think it'd be interesting. "
That was apparently the design idea behind the revamped art style of Borderlands. It doesn't approach anything like actual concept art,  but it does succeed in being one of the most visually stimulating shooters ever.
#13 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

One of the things I really liked about Vanquish was it's insane city and how almost none of it made sense and how delightfully loopy it was to look up and see it curving up above you. Somehow, the city looks even crazier in the concept art. 

Good stuff.

#14 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

Beautiful stuff. Playing the game I can really see where these kind of concept art had an impact, it's a gorgeous-looking experience.

#15 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2690 posts) -

I agree, that looks really nice. 
#16 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

I love looking at concept art and this is really awesome.

#17 Posted by SSully (4319 posts) -

I love it because they did such a great job translating that style into the game. I cannot tell you how much I hate seeing excellent concept art for a game, but the final product looks nothing like it.

#18 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11391 posts) -

Rad art backing up a radical game!

#19 Posted by RobotHamster (4177 posts) -

Very awesome!

#20 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -
@ESREVER said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
Didn't PoP '08 try that? I think I remember it was one of their goals. "
It was one of Gearbox's goals for Borderlands also.
#21 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -
@RsistncE said:
" @ESREVER said:
" @FluxWaveZ said:
Didn't PoP '08 try that? I think I remember it was one of their goals. "
It was one of Gearbox's goals for Borderlands also. "
The game I saw before they adapted to the Concept Art style looked nothing like any concept art I've seen. It was actually quite hideous. I don't think they based it on concept art in the same way Ubisoft did with PoP.
#22 Posted by Killroycantkill (1423 posts) -

Oh wow, I really hope they bring out an art book for this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.