Any paly both versions of the demo yet?

#1 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

(I know, I suck at typing) 

I downlaoded and played both. Didnt exactly notice a big difference if anything. I mean, maybe 360 was a little darker, but this is definetly better then Bayonetta on PS3. Ill wait for tech people to dissect and compare the demos, but so far it seem like a good multiplatform job on Platinums and Segas job.
#2 Posted by Interfect (980 posts) -

Yo that game is nuts.

#3 Posted by metalsnakezero (2321 posts) -

I think it all comes down to controls to me and it is the 360 that winners out due to how I play First person and 3rd person games on it.Plus I need more games on that system.

#4 Edited by Fjordson (2450 posts) -

According to the comparison thread on NeoGAF, both versions are practically identical as far as performance and visuals. Both run at 30 FPS with 2 x AA in sub-HD.

#5 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Fjordson said:
" According to the comparison thread on NeoGAF, both versions are practically identical as far as performance and visuals. Both run at 30 FPS with 2 x AA in sub-HD. "
Good. That's how it should be. Nice one Platinum Games.
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Raven_Sword said:
" (I know, I suck at typing)  I downlaoded and played both. Didnt exactly notice a big difference if anything. I mean, maybe 360 was a little darker, but this is definetly better then Bayonetta on PS3. Ill wait for tech people to dissect and compare the demos, but so far it seem like a good multiplatform job on Platinums and Segas job. "
Its a great multiplat game.  
@get2sammyb said:
" @Fjordson said:
" According to the comparison thread on NeoGAF, both versions are practically identical as far as performance and visuals. Both run at 30 FPS with 2 x AA in sub-HD. "
Good. That's how it should be. Nice one Platinum Games. "
This is what I like. Both systems getting love. 
#7 Posted by Shadow (4981 posts) -

Why play both versions?  Well, whatever, the demo is worth playing at least twice at any rate.  It's shaping up to be to Gears of War what Bayonetta is to God of War.

#8 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -
@Shadow said:
" Why play both versions?   
For comparison, of course.
#9 Edited by Yummylee (22067 posts) -

Just played through the demo myself, too (PS3)... Absolute excellence! I love everything about it from it's smooth animations to satisfying shooting to incredible gameplay pacing to yet another game with Steve Blum playing a badass to the interface style to ect.

#10 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Just played the PS3 version, will download the Xbox one later.. But I was really impressed.. It's early to say but it's the most fluid third-person-shooters I've ever played. More fun than Gears IMO

#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (6054 posts) -

Both played the same to me, but I like 360s controller more.

#12 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

Thank goodness eh?

I'm really sad that I probably won't be playing Bayonetta because of PS3 issues.

#13 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

It's weird how this has turned out. Bayonetta is more suited to the PS3 controller, but was developed on the 360 first, and Vanquish is more suited to the 360 controller, but was developed on PS3 first.

#14 Posted by Icemael (6342 posts) -
@FuzzYLemoN: How is Bayonetta more suited to the PS3 controller?
#15 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -
@Icemael: 
DMC/GoW style games just seem to feel better on a Playstation controller. The 360 controller feels like it was designed for shooters and maybe racers, but not much else. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've always had that impression.
#16 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

According to the director of Platinum games, Vanquish was developed for the PS3 and ported to 360.  I'd personally like to see a PC version, that game running at a smooth 60 fps at 1080p would be drool worthy. 

#17 Posted by TatsurouXIII (652 posts) -

ok so can anyone give me a definite answer? which version looks better?

#18 Edited by ShiftyMagician (2131 posts) -
@FuzzYLemoN said:

" @Icemael:  DMC/GoW style games just seem to feel better on a Playstation controller. The 360 controller feels like it was designed for shooters and maybe racers, but not much else. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I've always had that impression. "

I can definitely see where you are coming from, and the triggers feel nice for shooting.  However I just 100% Super Meat boy on them, as well as had a go at Devil May Cry 4 with them one day, and personally they feel fine for me for both situations.
#19 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
#20 Posted by TatsurouXIII (652 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: Thanks man, exactly what I was looking for. The screenshots speak for themselves.
#21 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -
@OracleXIII: No worries buddy - i own both consoles for their respective exclusives - and though most of my friends own ps3's instead of 360's (weird english thing it seems) if theres a single player game, or something they arent picking up - i always check digital foundry for their comparisons. 

Of course in message boards you'll get comparison images that sometimes show one platform to have an infinitely worse version of a game - but even as they show in that vanquish review, theres one screenie of the 360 version which looks appalling but its just a rogue one off kinda deal. the lengths they go through are pretty epic to get an accurate representation of which version is going to give you the best  value for your money - even in vanquish taking into account input lag and feedback delay (a major factor in a game like vanquish) on top of the visual look of the game. 

Owning both consoles can be a fucking curse sometimes but sites like DF totally make it easier!
#22 Posted by TatsurouXIII (652 posts) -
@OmegaPirate: Agreed, owning both platforms is worth it only for the exclusives. With the non exclusive titles there is always the question: which one do I fucking get, argh!!! There is no difference in prices, the games mostly look the same, or very very similar. I usually pick the 360 version, just because of the achievement/gamerscore system. The PS3 trophy system is much less rewarding. But with games like vanquish, the reals gems, you just have to do some research if you want the best experience. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.