Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vanquish

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Take the fight to evil Russian robots using a rocket-powered self-adapting battlesuit in this innovative third-person shooter from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

Loved the demo. Anyone else?

• 70 results
    tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By tomance

I really liked the game. I wasn't really digging it on the first playthrough.  Then on the second one I guess it clicked for me.  I loved it.  The style, the speed, everything feels great.  I can't wait to play the full game.

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By rateoforange

I just played the demo and man. Wow. Man. Definitely in for this, love the speed and the crazy Japanese sensibilities. I think when I saw the hero character smoking I almost lost it. 

It may also be because it was the first game I'd played after installing surround sound. I mean, Jesus--that pumping electronic soundtrack had me keyed up the whole time.

limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By limewizard

It was super over the top and the best piece of eye candy this year.  
    It's fantastic seeing the bullets spray all over in slow mo, while I slid and whacked someone right in the face. 
    The best thing? It's a video-game-ass-video-game. And I think Platinum are really the only ones that are realizing this now a days. It was bloody brilliant. I don't think we get enough boss battles in most shooters now a days. It's always a helicopter or some sort of high powered weaponry or even better: just a sequence of events.  There are scores and doing shit actually rewards you with a nice looking score screen.  
    Brilliant.. 

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By TheHT

You can grab the sniper rifle and shoot the dudes in the walkers and then totally ride them yourself. :D

SquadBroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By SquadBroken

Did not like it at all.  Had no clue what was going on.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Dimsey

Thought it was okay, didn't wow me enough to get me to pre-order it or anything.
    Be a solid bargain bin purchase in the distant future though.

SunKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By SunKing

I was a bit underwhelmed, tbh. I will likely give it a second try to further crystallise my thoughts.

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By borodin
    @SunKing: It's maybe worth giving the tutorials a go as well, I found my enjoyment went up a lot (although admittedly I loved it at first pass) when I realised I could manually activate the slo-mo and use it in mid-air/while vaulting over stuff etc. basically, all I'm saying is it's important to really get the controls down to have the most fun out of that demo :P  

I really, really like what little of the game that demo shows off - I am a little bummed out that using a melee attack overheats your suit immediately though, really hope there's some upgrade mechanic for that in the full game because the melee stuff looks incredible it's just a bit risky actually using it. (by the goddamn way, how crazy is that million hit combo with the assault rifles melee? :|) 
    Avatar image for maskedarcstrike
    maskedarcstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By maskedarcstrike

I loved it as well, my only minor gripe is that when I'm speedboosting towards cover, I wish you would automatically go into cover instead of having to push a button to go into it.  To me it makes a tad difference when you got a giant robot shooting laser beams at you.

One thing I loved is how gorgeous the explosions looked.

inknail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By inknail

I love it so far. The visual style, speed, and over-the-top action have me nearly sold on it already! I'm hoping more unique weapons (like that disc launcher) will appear in the final product.

Wasara88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Wasara88

I loved it but i hate the fact that when you'r about to die it automatically hits the slow mo on and then it drains all of the suits energy. Now to decide wich to buy first Fallout or Vanquish. I'm guessing that Vanquish will meet a similar fate like bayonetta and Darksiders....a good game that doesn't sell well and can be found really cheap two months later.

Avatar image for frasercunningham
    FraserCunningham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FraserCunningham

I really enjoyed the Vanquish demo.

I played very fast paced, but, they really do need to improve melee. It seemed that every-time I would go in for a melee attack I would be depleted of my energy and be destroyed by those red guy's.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DrPockets000

I love the demo.  Very excited for the game.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheFreeMan

I want to point out that the boss in this is probably the best "giant robot boss" in a video game in a long, loooooong time.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By phantomzxro

I loved the demo and it felt more of my style then say a gear of war game. I would no doubt pick it up and have a blast with it.
    Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lab392

I don't know. The boost speed seems like it'll take some time to get used to. It was disorienting at points.

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By blazerx9x
    @Dantekiller said:
    " i love the demo i need this game in my life  "

laussica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#69  Edited By laussica

i really enjoyed it, wasnt expecting much since i heard bad things about it. I dont know thought, i wont be sure if im going to prechase it till some reviews start coming in. But for a japanese produced, made by sega, third person shooter is amazing. I like the fast speed combat, but it looks like the story wont be a strong selling point. But its way better then i thought it would be.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By BBQBram

Allright, so now Cliffy B. should make a JRPG with Ice T in it to balance out the gamedesign East/West balance.

Mirite?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.