Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vanquish

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Take the fight to evil Russian robots using a rocket-powered self-adapting battlesuit in this innovative third-person shooter from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

Video Game Review - Vanquish

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 13

Edited By count_zero

This week I'm finally getting back to reviewing a more current video game - Vanquish, a joint by Shinji Mikami and developed by Platinum Games. That's a good pedigree for Gameplay, but how is it for story?

Excerpt from the William Tell Overture

Performed by Kevin MacCloud

http://www.incompitech.com

Released under Creative Commons license.

Notes: I'd originally intended to attach this video to the game as a review, but unfortunately, with the new site, that isn't an option. If this was done as a review, I'd give the game 3 stars.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

@count_zero: You absolutely can write reviews on the new site.

You can write reviews. I don't think that the user reviews section was made with Youtube videos in mind.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By count_zero

@believer258: I know that you can write reviews, but I do like video reviews more as a formatting choice, being that video games are an audio-visual medium - which is why I started doing video reviews in the first place.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

@count_zero: In that case, you should remember that advertising your Youtube channel is against the forum rules. I've never seen you post one of these before, have you and were they locked?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

vanquish is amazing. I never seen your video but I hope you felt the same.

Edit: So I watched the last minute or so and you did not seemed jazzed about it. What do you think is a quality game? El Shaddai like @video_game_king? Pashaa.

count_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I've posted my Nintendo Power Retrospective series of videos from my blog on the board in the past (in addition to posting my video reviews as reviews), and they weren't locked. As it is, my purpose for posting my video here is less to promote my YouTube channel, and more to share my thoughts on the game and hopefully to have some discussion of some of the points I brought up in the video (for example, the importance of environmental storytelling in speculative fiction games) - as well as taking an opportunity to laugh together at some of the dumber bits of the game's story.

@immortalsaiyan: I wouldn't call it amazing, but I would say that the game has extremely good gameplay, and I think that it's a game that would really benefit from an co-op option. I hope that if we get a Inafune finds a way to include co-op in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.