Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Vanquish

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Oct 19, 2010

Take the fight to evil Russian robots using a rocket-powered self-adapting battlesuit in this innovative third-person shooter from Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami.

WHAT THE HELL JAPAN: vanquish story ??|spoilers|

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By super2j

Ok, so i am enjoying the almost no story until right up to the point i like to call "obvious betrayal japanese stories always have" and it happened with Burns( who didnt see that coming). But i was like fine, its normal, but then it had to go even more japanese on me. After u beat him, im not sure if i missed something, but he essentially makes a way out for sam, and sacrifices himself to save him, while sam is worried about Burns's injuries. I would let this slide in a story where these characters actually had friendships or some history. But these two r constantly arguing the whole game, and did not become friends. What the hell?  Was Burns not trying to kill Sam, and Moscow?Why suddenly care? And who was sam running from. If its not Burns men or the marines and for sure not the enemy robots then where did these guys come from. And why did old lady Clinton have to end it so violently? I know im asking a lot from a japanese game to make sense. But come on its 2010, and i am amazing at buying in to stories plot and giving it the benefit of the doubt but this is too much.  Atleast they set it up for a sequel, totally leaving things open for future development and possible story redemption.....lol ya right

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond
    @super2j said:

" Ok, so i am enjoying the almost no story until right up to the point i like to call "obvious betrayal japanese stories always have" and it happened with Burns( who didnt see that coming). But i was like fine, its normal, but then it had to go even more japanese on me. After u beat him, im not sure if i missed something, but he essentially makes a way out for sam, and sacrifices himself to save him, while sam is worried about Burns's injuries. I would let this slide in a story where these characters actually had friendships or some history. But these two r constantly arguing the whole game, and did not become friends. What the hell?  Was Burns not trying to kill Sam, and Moscow?Why suddenly care? And who was sam running from. If its not Burns men or the marines and for sure not the enemy robots then where did these guys come from. And why did old lady Clinton have to end it so violently? I know im asking a lot from a japanese game to make sense. But come on its 2010, and i am amazing at buying in to stories plot and giving it the benefit of the doubt but this is too much.  Atleast they set it up for a sequel, totally leaving things open for future development and possible story redemption.....lol ya right "

It is their samurai code.  They are now best friends because they fought to the death and now they respect each other.  Clinton was shamed so she was obligated by the warrior code to commit seppuku.
    stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By stinky

every see that one japanese story where the hero gains more and more powers to defeat the bad guy
    then when you think he has reached his limits he gets even more fantastical powers?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan

story was all okay in it's ridiculousness up until that point, where it stopped being awesomely bad and just ended up being bad. gotta love crazy melodrama.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By emkeighcameron

Yeah, the story kind of sucks. But the game is just so fucking awesome in every other way that you can't help but forgive it. I mean, come on, jet-powered power slides and smoke breaks, in the SAME GAME. YES.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By fjordson

This just in - Japanese game devs are terrible at storytelling.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By carlthenimrod

I just like to assume that they were in-love with each other the whole time. Makes the game better.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By super2j
    @carlthenimrod:  Lol nice. 
    @Diamond:     Hmm, i guess that explains everything. 
    TVippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is the most nonsensical out of all mainstream Japanese gaming plots. Period. It just doesn't make any sense. Every 5 minutes I said to myself "WTF!?" for the entire game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.