Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Venetica

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jan 11, 2011

In this German action-RPG, Scarlett, the daughter of Death itself, sets out to rescue her ghoulish father from an evil Necromancer who threatens to destroy the world.

This game seems flawed

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Flaboere

I'm up to the first boss now, and i realize how flawed this game is. I actually like it, it's entertaining, but there are some serious problems now and then. Like the developers not telling you how to fight this boss, for instance. Now, after reading on other forums, I can see that in the 2nd stage, you're supposed to cirle around, and going close and moving away. How the hell are you supposed to know that!?? First stage, you need to smash the pillars to make her fall down. Where was the clue for that!! Sure, i found out, after deciding just to stand still and die, to see if that was what I'm supposed to do.  
    Also that stupid Moonblade... you use it fo fill up the purple meter, but at this point, my sword is doing double the damage, making it a real long fight having to kill someone using the Moonblade. Make it upgrade as you go or something. 

Rant done :-)  

Besides all this, I think it's a nice little game. But why isn't it on PSN yet I'm wondering.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Grissefar

I can sense some flaw from the Quick Look, but do you really think the boss is flawed because it doesn't have huge glowing spots to let you know where to hit?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By valrog

Wait, so because it doesn't hold your hand it's automatically flawed? I mean, really? I was expecting some serious problems, and you come up with this?

I guess it's true that people need to be spoon fed nowadays...

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rattle618

What I´ve seen of it so far is very similar to Risen (and the Gothic saga by extension), if that´s the case you are correct my friend. I dont think I can stomach another one of those for a while now, but they can be pretty fun if you look past some stuff.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Ghostiet

No shit?

Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Simplexity

of all the stuff you can complain about in that game this seems rather petty.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Bosses who give no clue how to be beaten suck, but you're supposed to use your skills (gained any recently? Probably the key to the fight!) or the enviroment to your advantage.
    But that's how it used to be before we got the age of easymode.

Yeah its flawed, but the quick look and other previews kinda gave it away.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog
    @Rattle618 said:

" What I´ve seen of it so far is very similar to Risen (and the Gothic saga by extension), if that´s the case you are correct my friend. I dont think I can stomach another one of those for a while now, but they can be pretty fun if you look past some stuff. "

What's wrong with those two? Honestly. Are they not Fable enough?
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I know you can't trust a book by its cover but the box art screams shovelware because that lady clearly has a dislocated shoulder to grab that Blood Rayne type sword from behind her back.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BraveToaster

I didn't think the boss was obligated to call a time out and tell you what its weaknesses are.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rattle618
    @valrog said:
    " @Rattle618 said:

" What I´ve seen of it so far is very similar to Risen (and the Gothic saga by extension), if that´s the case you are correct my friend. I dont think I can stomach another one of those for a while now, but they can be pretty fun if you look past some stuff. "

What's wrong with those two? Honestly. Are they not Fable enough? "
    Well I wouldn´t know if they are not Fable enough cause Im not a Fable guy. 
    Like I said they can be pretty fun, but even the most hardcore Gothic fanboy must admit the games could use a lot more polish in terms of gameplay mechanics, technical issues, voice acting and I always felt that Gothic and Risen´s greatest thing is also their biggest flaw, the fact that you have a world to explore and do whatever the shit comes to mind is really awesome and at the same time can be quite punishing (and not in a good way). But that´s just me and like I´ve said twice already I like them and will continue to play them, I just need a break from them cause they get on my nerves.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valrog
    @Rattle618:  I see. Well, the fact that you said that Venetica reminds you of Gothic/Risen just made me want it even more. I just hope it's not a disaster on technical level (That's really the only concerning thing I heard about it, i7 struggling with it and whatnot).
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Baillie

This is why Shadow of the Colossus was critically panned. 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @valrog said:

" Wait, so because it doesn't hold your hand it's automatically flawed? I mean, really? I was expecting some serious problems, and you come up with this?  I guess it's true that people need to be spoon fed nowadays... "

I agree with this bro-montana. 

It's not broken just because it's hard. It does suck sometimes when you can't figure out how to beat a certain section of a game, but calling it broken is poor wording. 

Edit: OK, you used the word flawed, not broken, but they're similar enough.
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Milkman

This game seems flawed

And the understatement of the year goes to...
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By George_Hukas

Flawed would be the right word for a game where you can spend 4-5x as long successfully fighting the boss with a less than efficient method.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eidderf

It reminded me a bit of oblivion from the quick look in terms of it's difficulty and the need to pick up eveyrthing you can find just to sell it (though that maybe because I've been playing Oblivion lately) The biggest flaw is the world and character interactions seemed a bit lifeless (that supposedly dramatic death scene for example), though I'm just going from what I've seen since I haven't played it myself.

perilator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By perilator666

This game is a complete and utter waste of money.  

On the bright side, now I have something around the house to wipe my ass with if I run out of toilet paper. 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By AhmadMetallic

you dont say

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ryanwho

The snake boss is the most broken boss in the game. But none of them really work like they should on paper.

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Flaboere

Well, after reading up on it, i actually got by the snake-boss without using any healing at all. Of course, once you get the pattern, it's really easy.  
    My first post was mostly a rant, i guess, out of frustration of not understanding what the game wants me to do, and getting no hints what so ever.  
    Anyway, i still like the game, despite it's flaws. I guess it's mostly small things, like not being able to skip videos, esc. just opens the menu, which takes forever to close again. Also, when looking out of the eyes of a bird, i can't seem to find a button to "skip" it, have to wait it out. Chest that are locked, long before you ever get the lock-picking ability. 

Sure, a game doesn't need to spell out completely how to complete the bosses, but i do think there's reason in giving hints.  

To be honest, i'm finding myself more and more attracted to this game.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By BBQBram

People buy this budget shit?

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#23  Edited By zidd
    @Flaboere:  Would you call it 2011's Deadly premonition? or is it just a bad game?
    Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Flaboere
    @Zidd: I've never played Deadly Premonition, and i'm only up to 15 in the Endurance Run, but no, i wouldn't call it that. Having only played Fable 1, i would call it Fable Light, from my understanding of what Fable 3 is. I'm giving this 7/10 i think, as it seems i'm sticking to the game pretty bad!
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ryanwho
    @Zidd said:
    " @Flaboere:  Would you call it 2011's Deadly premonition? or is it just a bad game? "
    When enough people inexplicably like a shitty game, you'll have your next DP. Until then, this game is just shitty.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Yanngc33

now i havent played but... the QL made it look more like broken than flawed

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By valrog

I got to the first boss (The Mistress, right?) and I don't understand what are you so frustrated about? It seemed pretty logical to me that you have to bring down the columns. Not to mention that you had to bring down the doors earlier, the game eve tells you to do so. Were you unable to make that connection?

About second phase, this is pretty much how every tentacle boss works. It was pretty obvious to me what had to be done.

RedBullRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RedBullRacer

I agree, it's flawed but yet still a lot of fun. 

I also agree about the bosses, it's hard to explain unless you've played it, but sometimes you just wouldn't be able to work out how to do it. I had to seek help on them as they are good ideas, but just not implemented right. It just need a hint system, how are you supposed to know that you have to keep running around waiting for the weak spot to show? After like 5mins of running around you feel like your doing it wrong, and so have to get help...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.