Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Victoria II

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

Grand Strategy game from Paradox Interactive where players take command of any nation on earth to face the political and social upheavals of the 19th century.

This game looks kind of awesome.

Avatar image for muttersometaxicab
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 25

#1  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

I've been slowly teaching myself the madness that is Hearts of Iron III and while I love how crazy in-depth it is, World War I/II games don't really scratch my itch for insane strategy games. This is probably why, when it comes to historical strategy stuff, the recent Total War games have managed to retain my attention a little more than HoI. 

Anyways. This game looks awesome - can't wait for it to drop this week.
    MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

Hah, so I'm probably alone in this, but I just picked it up from Steam today and got Victoria I complete along with it. 

Probably never going to boot up the first game, but it's a really nice addition.
    Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Rasgueado

It might be fun for you to load up after awhile to see how much they improve these titles when they release a new one.

Carlozz34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Carlozz34

You should really try Europa universalis 2 and 3. Those are my favorites from paradox

Von

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Von

Victoria II is by far the best game Paradox have produced in a long time. Unlike HOI3's release, this thing actually works as advertised out of the box.  A few minor bugs (for example, craftsmens grain need is off the charts, but it can easily be modded) do exist,  but it's nowhere near a gamestopper.  It also comes with a really nice tutorial so instead of spending weeks trying to learn the damn game, you spend only a few hours. Highly recommended.

Get it! Get it now!

Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rasgueado

There is also fun to be had in the multiplayer game mode if you have some friends that are policy nerds. You can, in effect, play cooperatively against other teams of people by setting up your own on-line "cabinets" so to speak. So you have someone that is in charge of politics, and tech. Another person handles trade, and diplomacy... you'll see. =)

MuttersomeTaxicab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MuttersomeTaxicab

Yeah, I keep eyeballing the multiplayer stuff and... yeah. It sounds crazy

Will probably have to wait for, say, the Holiday Steam deals to get some buddies on-board, but by then I should be pretty familiar with Vic2.
    Rasgueado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rasgueado

This game still stands as one of my favorites from last year. Come on... you know you smell an epic Thursday Night Throwdown associated with Victoria 2. You know you do...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.