174 Comments
  • 174 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Edited by mutha3
@Genjai said:

@Devil240Z:

How many Japanese developers transition well from one type of game to another? That's actually not rhetorical; I'd like to know some examples to have faith in this game.d.

Why are you singling out Japanese devs? 
 
Anyways, Trauma Center was born out of Hashino(the Persona director) experimenting with a gameplay concept.  And that branched out in an amazing series.
 


If a dev is awesome at making something - let them refine that, not go out to left fiel


Fuck that noise. I'm already feeling like they should put a bullet in the Persona series after 5. Dragging out a franchise too long only serves too make it go stagnant. 
 
This is why the videogame industry blows. No one is willing to make a risk, or try something new. I'm so glad Catherine exists even if it  ends up falling flat on its face.
Posted by Devil240Z

@Genjai said:

@Devil240Z:

How many Japanese developers transition well from one type of game to another? That's actually not rhetorical; I'd like to know some examples to have faith in this game.

If a dev is awesome at making something - let them refine that, not go out to left field.

Its not like they are doing an FPS this time. Its a puzzle game, Japan knows how to make Puzzle games. And it has all the story and S-link kind of stuff that makes the persona games so great.

The way I see it this is normal for a Japanese dev. When ever they switch to a new platform they basically have to start from scratch. Making new assets and all that. This is just part of the evolutionary leap. I'm going to support them.

Posted by Korne
@Genjai said:

@Devil240Z:

How many Japanese developers transition well from one type of game to another? That's actually not rhetorical; I'd like to know some examples to have faith in this game.

If a dev is awesome at making something - let them refine that, not go out to left field.

I wish more developers would go out of left field. Insomniac does it all the time allow time in between similar titles. Grasshopper and Platinum games make a lot of different types of games too. Kojima Productions went from MGS2 to ZOE with a lot of success. These are just a few examples. 
Posted by MeatSim

Vincent sure can yell for a very long time.

Posted by Beck

Catherine only because I'm a demon on the inside.

Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

Man, that is one sustained scream

Posted by Genjai

@mutha3: I single out Japanese devs because I, personally, could not think of any. Whereas I don't have to look hard in my game collection for Western devs who have.

@Devil240Z said:

The way I see it this is normal for a Japanese dev. When ever they switch to a new platform they basically have to start from scratch. Making new assets and all that. This is just part of the evolutionary leap. I'm going to support them.

That makes sense. Starting from scratch would be daunting. I'm sure the story will be awesome, but it's the gameplay that I have not interest in.

@Korne: Thank you! I was actually stretching to find some good examples.

Posted by BabyChooChoo

I choose a threesome because I'm a man whore. Only one of those ladies is getting satisfied though. I know my limits. It will be hot and disappointing all at the same time.

Posted by mutha3
@Genjai said:

@mutha3: I single out Japanese devs because I, personally, could not think of any. Whereas I don't have to look hard in my game collection for Western devs who have.


Then you need to play more Japanese games, dude. I can think of plenty:
 
My previously mentioned Persona>Trauma center. Everything From Software has ever done, everything Sting has ever done, everything Platinum games have ever done, even Sega with titles like Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles.
 
I'd also like to remind you, that with this kind of thinking:


If a dev is awesome at making something - let them refine that, not go out to left fiel

 
Persona 3 would have never seen the light of day. I'll take it you've never played P2, because if you'd jump in a time machine, go back 10 years and ask a P2 player "yo man what's up with them SLINKS!" you'd get a "wat" in response.
Edited by Beforet

All the S.Link kind of stuff with none of the tedious dungeon crawling, how could this be bad?

Edit: Was that Catherine saying "shut your dirty whore mouth" near the end?

Posted by RobotHamster
@PhatSeeJay said:

@TheSilentTruth said:

@mantasradzas said:

Threesome.

Read my mind.

Hear hear.

Fo' sho.
Posted by cowdrunk

somehow I think that was more confusing in english
Posted by tourgen

Which one did he knock up? Both? Kinda like Catherine more. Adventurous and fun vs. older lady trying to trap him into a commitment with babies when he clearly doesn't want that. No good answer really. But seriously use a condom.

Posted by Arrested_Developer

I'm knocking Katherine down a flight of stairs as soon as possible.

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@tourgen said:

Which one did he knock up? Both? Kinda like Catherine more. Adventurous and fun vs. older lady trying to trap him into a commitment with babies when he clearly doesn't want that. No good answer really. But seriously use a condom.

Katherine's the pregnant one, apparently. And not only would I prefer Katherine because she seems more refined and intelligent, but I get the feeling that Catherine's a total psychopath.
Posted by Nightfang

Women can drive a man crazy. 

Posted by Sayishere

Im not gonna lie, i like this trailer.

Posted by forkboy
@FluxWaveZ: Man, what's life without the occasional psychopath encounter?  Boring is what.
Posted by swamplord666

kind've reminds me of the choice the guy had to make in matchpoint by woody allen.

At this point in my life, Catherine because goddamn have i missed some of my more adventurous girlfriends. But in the long run, I think i would settle with a girl like Katherine

Edited by FluxWaveZ
@forkboy said:

@FluxWaveZ: Man, what's life without the occasional psychopath encounter?  Boring is what.

Sure, it's life until she stabs you in the throat. Then it's death.
Posted by GeneralDAS

Love the Mussorgsky. Have a listen to the original music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVB4aOzUjw&playnext=1&list=PL1A95A18455BE0E8D

Posted by DeadMonkeys

I choose AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!

Posted by Jayross

AAAAAQAAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!1!

Posted by Jayross
@Zabant Why would you want kids, though?
Posted by RPGee

So much screaming. 
 
And I pick whoever's voiced by Danielle Judovits, just so I can close my eyes and imagine it's Chie.

Posted by onan

@mutha3 said:

The seething disapproval for Catherine(the character, not the game) by nerds everywhere kinda weirds me out. Don't like 'em sexually aggressive, eh? :P But again, them billing it as a dating sim seems like they're misrepresenting it....If it helps them sell copies, I'm all for it, though.

Just goes to show that the average age of gamers has gone up dramatically. They're older, wiser, and don't want to deal with the nonsense. "Sexy and mature" beat out "hot and bubbly" any day.

I'd go for Katherine too, but I freely admit Catherine has the hotter character design.

Posted by TanoPrime

So this is a dating sim, right?

Posted by Althox

Katherine. Dudes, brunettes!

Posted by mutha3
@onan said:

I'd go for Katherine too, but I freely admit Catherine has the hotter character design.

 Ya think? Common internet nerd opinion seems to be pointing towards the K side, and Catherine kinda looks really, really odd, almost like a life-sized ceramic doll. She sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of the cast.
 
According to the art director that was intentional, though.
 
@TanoPrime said:
So this is a dating sim, right?
Not really.
Posted by FluxWaveZ
@RPGeesus said:
So much screaming.  And I pick whoever's voiced by Danielle Judovits, just so I can close my eyes and imagine it's Chie.
Alright, this confusing point has risen once more and I must know the answer: is Chie's voice actress Laura Bailey or is it really Danielle Judovits? If it's the former, Chie's voice actress also voice Catherine.
Edited by FluxWaveZ
@mutha3 said: 
 Ya think? Common internet nerd opinion seems to be pointing towards the K side, and Catherine kinda looks really, really odd, almost like a life-sized ceramic doll. She sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of the cast.
Actually, from what I gather, most people actually agree Catherine is the 'hotter' of the two but most prefer Katherine for other reasons than her physical beauty. Also, it seems several internet people prefer girls with glasses.
Posted by mutha3
@FluxWaveZ said:
Alright, this confusing point has risen once more and I must know the answer: is Chie's voice actress Laura Bailey or is it really Danielle Judovits? If it's the former, Chie's voice actress also voice Catherine.
What? No. Laura Bailey voiced Rise in Persona 4. I've never seen anyone claim she voiced Chie.
 
It is true that Judovits did not voice Chie, though. People wrongly get that impressions because her name's credited for the role on IDMB. Chie is actually voiced by Tracey Rooney.
Posted by Soren
@mutha3: It's dat Drill hair, son. 
Posted by FluxWaveZ
@mutha3 said: 
What? No. Laura Bailey voiced Rise in Persona 4. I've never seen anyone claim she voiced Chie. It is true that Judovits did not voice Chie, though. People wrongly get that impressions because her name's credited for the role on IDMB. Chie is actually voiced by Tracey Rooney.
Ah, thanks for that. I seemed to have gotten way confused about the games' VA information.
Posted by Wuddel

No interest in this game, but:

Katherine - obviously. I d literally love to have a lady to get serious with and have a little munchkin.

Posted by jorbear

I choose anime scream.

Posted by natetodamax

Can't wait for this!

Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN

You had me at Atlas.

Posted by AURON570

man this game is so intense, it has been SOOO long since an RPG has made me this excited.

Posted by Catolf

Glad to see this in english, Now I understand whats going on this time. lol.

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@AURON570 said:
man this game is so intense, it has been SOOO long since an RPG has made me this excited.
This is not an RPG. At all. In the least. It's a puzzle game.
Posted by AURON570
@FluxWaveZ said:
@AURON570 said:
man this game is so intense, it has been SOOO long since an RPG has made me this excited.
This is not an RPG. At all. In the least. It's a puzzle game.
So? It's enough of an RPG for me to call it one.
Posted by SomeJerk

I love the few games that had voice actors record scenes *with* each other, not solo against already recorded voices. This doesn't seem.. :<

Edited by Irvandus

AAAAHHHHHH
 
My answer would be Jeff

Posted by TheMustacheHero

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Posted by IamAwesome

I choose the drill hair. Because I love me some drill hairs.

Posted by FluxWaveZ
@AURON570 said:
@FluxWaveZ said: 
This is not an RPG. At all. In the least. It's a puzzle game.
So? It's enough of an RPG for me to call it one.
How is this an RPG other than the fact you can text Catherine and Katherine and do side missions? This is one of the reasons the label "RPG" has been diluted into nothingness.
Posted by Kyreo

@Contra said:

Katherine But because Catherine seems like a lot of work. And nuts to boot.
Posted by AURON570
@FluxWaveZ said:
@AURON570 said:
@FluxWaveZ said: 
This is not an RPG. At all. In the least. It's a puzzle game.
So? It's enough of an RPG for me to call it one.
How is this an RPG other than the fact you can text Catherine and Katherine and do side missions? This is one of the reasons the label "RPG" has been diluted into nothingness.
haha, exactly.
Posted by televisionomy
@Vager said:

This makes me want to stay single...

Hell, if I was single then I can have both of them and just called my self a player but of course not get caught.  
  • 174 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4