41 Comments
Posted by Shofixti

Ninjas!

Posted by nohthink

JAPANESE!!!!!

Posted by Tylea002

Well, shit. Now I need a Vita.

Posted by RE_Player1

I might get this but not at launch, wait for a price drop.

Posted by kennybaese

Goddamn do Vita games look good. It's kind of a bummer that this thing is probably going to kind of tank.

Posted by RVonE

Super Ninja Gaiden Black Sigma Plus Tournament Edition Turbo EX. Reckoning.

Posted by JTB123

Even though I put in over 700 hours into this on PS3 and that was on top of the thousands for Black, I know I'll still end up owning this version at some point.

Posted by DanTheGamer32

Yay! Another re-release of Ninja Gaiden 1...

Posted by OptimalPower

Not really sure this game needs another release.

Posted by Kazona

Milk your shit for all it's worth! Fuck yeah!

/sarcasm

Posted by Grissefar

I should really go back and beat NGS on Very Hard some day.

But why the hell is there two boss health bars against fat guy? And why is there a rhino man in the streets of Tairon?

Posted by spiceninja

I've been wanting to go back and play Sigma. Looks like I'm just going to get it on Vita.

Posted by Grissefar

@JTB123 said:

Even though I put in over 700 hours into this on PS3 and that was on top of the thousands for Black, I know I'll still end up owning this version at some point.

Cool, were you one of those that did karma runs? I heard those were pretty tough on Master Ninja if you want to be on the top of the leaderboards.

Posted by Crunchman

Probably worth mentioning this is a Vita game. Or maybe not.

Posted by Veektarius

In retrospect, it's a little surprising that NG never got much competition aside from DMC3 on the ultra-hard third person action game front. It was a little tough for me, but plenty of people were big fans. Devs preferred the GoW moderate difficulty/ultra-gore route, though. Maybe all that means is that GoW made more money than NG.

Posted by Enigma777

Jesus christ, how many times ar they going to rerelease this game?! This is what, the 4th or 5th time already?

Also, my memory of Sigma is pretty poor, but I expected this to look a lot... better visually. It looks like a PS2 game right now (yes, yes I know it's technically an Xbox game).

Posted by UltimAXE

It's sickening to see the game re-released again, but having a portable version of Ninja Gaiden 1 would be pretty sweet . . .

Posted by Oni

Hey guys what can we do on the Vita? We should put something out! I know... how about we release Ninja Gaiden, for the FOURTH FUCKING TIME.

Okay.

Posted by JTB123

@Grissefar: Yeah I did many karma runs over the years. The final one I did was on master ninja, took 8 months of daily play to finish that damn thing.

Posted by Jost1

Does it have blood this time

Posted by Grissefar

@JTB123 said:

@Grissefar: Yeah I did many karma runs over the years. The final one I did was on master ninja, took 8 months of daily play to finish that damn thing.

Wow that sounds cool. Was it mostly retries trying to max out karma on that run? 8 months sounds wild, I've never heard anything like it. It must be like beating Demon's Souls to NG8+ with a level 1 character. What place on the leaderboards did you end up and what's your name there if I ever unlock the Master Ninja leaderboards?

Posted by Kyle

@UltimAXE said:

It's sickening to see the game re-released again, but having a portable version of Ninja Gaiden 1 would be pretty sweet . . .

Well then there ya go. I guess it's not sickening.

Edited by BoOzak

I like the prospect of Ninja Gaiden on the go, but I would rather something entirely new that ultilized the stengths of the Vita instead of just tacking on needless features to a game you really wouldnt want to play on a bus, train or airplane.

Also, i've never found handhelds comfortable or precise enough to be well suited for fighting games, but maby that's just me.

Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam
@RVonE said:

Super Ninja Gaiden Black Sigma Plus Tournament Edition Turbo EX. Reckoning.

But what will they call the Kinect version?
Posted by UltimAXE

@Kyle: Sure it is. The idea of a portable version of a good and intense action game is a great one, but it's kind of pathetic to see Team Ninja port this game for the fifth time or so. It's almost as if they're not capable of making anything on par with the first one. But then, after what's been reported on Ninja Gaiden 3, they probably aren't.

intent =/= execution

Posted by NDN_Shadow

I loved Ninja Gaiden, but considering this is literally the fourth time they've put this game out, I'm definitely not buying this at full price.

Posted by MormonWarrior

More like Ninja GAY-den, right guys? ...right?

Kidding. I've beaten Black a few times. It's an awesome game.

Posted by NellyK

Uhhmmm.... Okay.... ..............

Posted by EPGPX

I just realized that Tecmo never make any new games, they never take chances and make new original ips but they just released the same old re-hashed game year after year. Boo hoo.

Edited by featurepreacher

Can't wait to get this at launch. This along with MK9 on the Vita will make for some excellent train rides. It's amazing how the vita has surpassed all the phoney games at launch. Just imagine what will be available in the future.

Edited by JTB123

@Grissefar: Yeah it involved a lot of retries, especially for the large encounters. I ended with the no.1 score for MN (25,444,430) and my GT then was JTB123UK. I've got an old screenshot before the XBL servers were shut down, not sure if you can access them through the originals version of black though.

Posted by Grissefar

@JTB123 said:

@Grissefar: Yeah it involved a lot of retries, especially for the large encounters. I ended with the no.1 score for MN (25,444,430) and my GT then was JTB123UK. I've got an old screenshot before the XBL servers were shut down, not sure if you can access them through the originals version of black though.

Wow I just popped NGS in and you're #4 on Missions ranking - only beaten by some asian dudes. I can't really check the others because for some reason the scrolling stopped working.

Since you're literally an expert, are there any differences between Sigma and Black beyond the obvious stuff like streamlined levels? The only thing I noticed from brief video comparing was the laser guy at Marbus on Hard had no ads, or something obscure like that.

Edited by JTB123

@Grissefar: There are some very minor mechanics changes in Sigma, mainly to do with animations like Ryu's evade and being able to juggle enemies longer and with different combos. There were also some changes made to when weapons became available on the higher difficulties, which is most notable in chapter 1. They also included and reworked a lot of the missions in mission mode.

What was my score for the missions by the way? It's been ages since I checked and the PS3 that had those saves yellow light'd a few months ago. Is Hamufurai still at the top too? His score was 57.57 mill last I knew.

Posted by Grissefar

@JTB123 said:

@Grissefar: There are some very minor mechanics changes in Sigma, mainly to do with animations like Ryu's evade and being able to juggle enemies longer and with different combos. There were also some changes made to when weapons became available on the higher difficulties, which is most notable in chapter 1. They also included and reworked a lot of the missions in mission mode.

What was my score for the missions by the way? It's been ages since I checked and the PS3 that had those saves yellow light'd a few months ago. Is Hamufurai still at the top too? His score was 57.57 mill last I knew.

Yeah, getting to the first checkpoint is a bitch. I just took a peek at Very Hard and those new windmill shuriken ninjas can really screw you over with their shurikens, which can also hit you in the air by the way, which makes me really not want to think about the red flame ninjas. I really have to give it a real go some time soon, and it also makes me tempted to pick up NG3 where I just hope the singleplayer and harder difficulties and replayability hasn't suffered too much.

Your score is 53m by the way, which is only 8000 off from #3, and #1 is at 57.6m.

Posted by simian

@JTB123 said:

@Grissefar: Yeah it involved a lot of retries, especially for the large encounters. I ended with the no.1 score for MN (25,444,430) and my GT then was JTB123UK. I've got an old screenshot before the XBL servers were shut down, not sure if you can access them through the originals version of black though.

*slow clap*

I got pretty far on master ninja but after breaking my coffee table on Nth try against spirit Doku I just called it a day.

Posted by JTB123

@Grissefar: Thanks, I really need to get those saves and update that score, my score was over 54m when my PS3 died. Those windmill shuriken ninjas can be brutal, especially with their grab, I always thought the difficulty step up from Hard to Very Hard was far more intense than Very Hard to Master Ninja.

I'm thinking the same about NG3, I really hope they haven't toned it down too much.

Posted by BisonHero

@EPGPX said:

I just realized that Tecmo never make any new games, they never take chances and make new original ips but they just released the same old re-hashed game year after year. Boo hoo.

Tecmo will very occasionally try something new. They're responsible for Quantum Theory, for example. So the issue is that they're one of those companies that fails horribly when they try something new, so they just stick to what works for them.

Posted by MeatSim

I can't wait for the next remake of this just to see what additional words they slap on the title name.

Posted by Grissefar

@JTB123 said:

@Grissefar: Thanks, I really need to get those saves and update that score, my score was over 54m when my PS3 died. Those windmill shuriken ninjas can be brutal, especially with their grab, I always thought the difficulty step up from Hard to Very Hard was far more intense than Very Hard to Master Ninja.

I'm thinking the same about NG3, I really hope they haven't toned it down too much.

Ha, at least they removed UT spamming, Savepoints, essence and items but that probably also means no Karma but perhaps it's really fun and hard anyway.

I'm nearing my end of NGS VH and it's really fun except for Alma that random bitch, much more so than NGS2, which I just popped in out of curiosity. You can spam UT all day long and literally nothing will stop you except maybe a grap move. If the UT will actually kill anything or stop mid air because the wind blew the enemy a milimeter away or because Ryu's toe touched a leaf in the wind is up to God. At least the bosses are sick hard, even if many of them can be exploited by the Enma's Fang UT which gives an hour of i-frames.

Anyway, I found your cool youtube channel today by accident since I had played with the idea of trying a NGS Normal semi karma run but it just looks too damn hard haha. I'm just sad that your NGB MN Karma Run got so many dislikes. I guess kids were sad it wasn't a Gears video.

But it's cool that people are still playing Ninja Gaiden, in fact tomii90 broke 25.77 on NGS just 2 weeks ago and he even called it a lazy run haha.

Posted by JTB123

@Grissefar: He did another NGS run? That is crazy, where did you find that out? He used to go to the NG forum I was at but hasn't been on in ages. He posted a 25.46 run back in 2009 which he recorded.

Posted by Grissefar

@JTB123 said:

@Grissefar: He did another NGS run? That is crazy, where did you find that out? He used to go to the NG forum I was at but hasn't been on in ages. He posted a 25.46 run back in 2009 which he recorded.

Do you mean Iberians? It seems those boards are hidden, if they are even there.

As for the video, I just noticed a video in his channel that wasn't 2 years old and so I was surprised by what it really was.