65 Comments
  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by Gardamis

Pretty cool for those who haven't played the 'original' games.

Posted by ILikePopCans

@patrickklepek I just played Last Light last month and MAN, was I disappointed. I know you kind of still liked it but I was so disappointed how it felt like they took out most of what made the first one great and made it a stealth gmae with bad dead space monster battles.

Posted by fargofallout

Oh, they had me fooled for a second there. I thought it was $25 to get both games in one download, but they're $25 each. Still not bad, I suppose.

Posted by JeanLuc

Neat. Xbox One and PS4 versions make sense, but I wonder what will be so different about the PC version? Game already looks top notch there.

Posted by Zlimness

Super-excited about a Metro 2033 remake. I really wanted to like it, but the gameplay just wasn't there.

Last Light is AMAZING, though. One of the best games from last year. If the remake of 2033 is anything like Last Light, I'll definitely go back and finish that game.

Posted by Kaigan

Seeing as how it seems to continue being a resource-scarce, survival-based first-person shooter, I'd say I still have an excellent reason to not play it.

Edited by BeachThunder

Well, I was waiting for graphics cards from the future.

Edited by MariachiMacabre

Fantastic. I've wanted to play these for a while now.

Posted by Sunjammer

If they manage to un-suck the gunplay in the first one I'm game. I couldn't stomach it at all when it first game out, so spungy. Last light was lovely though.

Posted by Lane_

Ehm, selling the games twice on PC? What I read from Polygon about this, probably not worth the money second time. If missed the first time around, the redux version of 2033 is supposed to perform better on lower end machines and the game ain't so bad either. Too bad they couldn't just patch those things in the games they already have released.

Posted by Glottery

40 euros (and possibly less, like with some games when you buy all in the series) for both? Not too shabby.

Posted by MooseyMcMan

Kinda wish I hadn't already played the games, because I didn't really like them enough to buy them again. But good for the people that haven't! I guess.

Posted by Cybertification

@sunjammer: Play ranger hardcore mode. It makes the gunplay absolutely incredible.

Posted by GunslingerPanda

Nice, can't wait to see this patch to improve the games for the loyal fans who bought them in the first place.

Posted by mrfluke

i know this is a problematic trend, but fuck, im a sucker, ill totally buy these rereleases.

Posted by wfolse1

@mrfluke: I actually disagree that this is a problematic trend. To me, this kind of thing veers into "preservation" territory, which is a very good thing. I think it's a great thing when classic movie gets a Blu Ray release, and this isn't all that different.

Edited by mrfluke

@wfolse1 said:

@mrfluke: I actually disagree that this is a problematic trend. To me, this kind of thing veers into "preservation" territory, which is a very good thing. I think it's a great thing when classic movie gets a Blu Ray release, and this isn't all that different.

you're right, but should it excuse actual backwards compatibility? guess it helps since its being remastered after all.

Posted by OurSin_360

@jeanluc said:

Neat. Xbox One and PS4 versions make sense, but I wonder what will be so different about the PC version? Game already looks top notch there.

Hopefully the difference in the first one is that it doesn't run like shit? Still haven't been able to finish that game because it decided to randomly start running at 10fps

Posted by Fushichou187

@gardamis said:

Pretty cool for those who haven't played the 'original' games.

That would be me. I almost started up Last Light last month since I got it via PS+ but held off because I had a hunch a PS4 version would appear eventually. Great news about a double-pack though. That was unexpected and certainly welcome. I'll be picking this up day 1.

Posted by NoodleUnit

YES! I played & loved 2033, but I skipped Last Light because I didn't think my PC was up to snuff, and playing it on a last gen console, well... yeah. This is great! :D

Posted by FakeKisser

I wonder how this is going to be sold on PC... Are they going to be new Steam SKU's, or are they going to be sold as DLC. Based on the info released so far, I doubt they will be free updates for those of us that already own both games.

I love both of those games, but I don't think I'll go back and play both (too many other games to play). I'd love to play a few levels from each game, though, as long as I don't have to pay too much to do so.

Posted by DexterKid

This is kinda annoying, cause I bought Last Light and was planning on playing it soon, now I'm wondering if I should wait for this version, hmm.

Posted by Bones8677

Last Light was pretty fantastic. 2033 on the other hand was unplayable on the 360!

Edited by Chrjz

So, I own both games on PC but haven't played either of them... Will this be worth getting; what does it change?

Posted by fisk0

I wonder how this is going to be sold on PC... Are they going to be new Steam SKU's, or are they going to be sold as DLC. Based on the info released so far, I doubt they will be free updates for those of us that already own both games.

I love both of those games, but I don't think I'll go back and play both (too many other games to play). I'd love to play a few levels from each game, though, as long as I don't have to pay too much to do so.

Judging by how others have done it (for example Deus Ex HR and Strike Suit Zero), the updated versions will be sold as separate entries on Steam, but current owners of the old releases will get a Steam coupon to upgrade for 85-90% off.

Posted by ScottG13

I bet the air filters are still broke on the 360 version of 2033.

Posted by TheManWithNoPlan

Well that's just great.

Edited by FakeKisser

@fisk0: Yeah, I wouldn't complain if I could get the new versions for basically the price of DLC, if they gave coupons like that.

Posted by TurboMan

well... I guess I should play these now.

Posted by Matoyak

@behardy said:

Here is a list of changes coming to the Redux version:

  • Never before seen content
  • New Melee Animations
  • 60 FPS across all versions.
  • Check Watch & Check Inventory features
  • All prior released expansion packs included
  • Ranger Mode will be included
  • Two different types of play style: Survival Play & Spartan Play
  • advanced enemy AI
  • improved combat and stealth mechanics
  • superior weapon handling,
  • more responsive intuitive controls.
  • advanced lighting,
  • dynamic weather,
  • more detailed characters with improved animation,
  • more dynamic destruction,
  • improved smoke, fire, and particle effects

And yes I this is my writing and yes I did research it. Proof

Hope this helps and clears up any confusion for anyone =)

How about the FoV? That's the biggest issue preventing me from playing Metro 2033, is the insane FoV they used. (Also, it causes the game to crash when forcing a different FoV via the .ini files. Also also? They used a vertical FoV rather than horizontal. Pretty bizarre thing to do in my experience.)

Posted by Supercancer

Maybe they'll give a special discount for people who own the previous Metro games *nudge nudge*

Posted by asantosbr
@fisk0 said:

@fakekisser said:

I wonder how this is going to be sold on PC... Are they going to be new Steam SKU's, or are they going to be sold as DLC. Based on the info released so far, I doubt they will be free updates for those of us that already own both games.

I love both of those games, but I don't think I'll go back and play both (too many other games to play). I'd love to play a few levels from each game, though, as long as I don't have to pay too much to do so.

Judging by how others have done it (for example Deus Ex HR and Strike Suit Zero), the updated versions will be sold as separate entries on Steam, but current owners of the old releases will get a Steam coupon to upgrade for 85-90% off.

Make it 50% discount only..... They just updated the Steam store page with this info.

Posted by fisk0

@fisk0 said:

@fakekisser said:

I wonder how this is going to be sold on PC... Are they going to be new Steam SKU's, or are they going to be sold as DLC. Based on the info released so far, I doubt they will be free updates for those of us that already own both games.

I love both of those games, but I don't think I'll go back and play both (too many other games to play). I'd love to play a few levels from each game, though, as long as I don't have to pay too much to do so.

Judging by how others have done it (for example Deus Ex HR and Strike Suit Zero), the updated versions will be sold as separate entries on Steam, but current owners of the old releases will get a Steam coupon to upgrade for 85-90% off.

Make it 50% discount only..... They just updated the Steam store page with this info.

Yeah, I phrased my post in the wrong way, should've used "will probably/should" rather than "will". I just based it on some previous games that have done updated versions on Steam, I didn't know their actual plans.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

I loved this series enough I would consider buying it again. Just because.

Edited by kennybaese

I played Last Light via PS+ and quite liked it. I'm planning on buying a PS4 later this year, maybe I'll download both of these then.

Posted by Korwin

Porting 2033 to their updated engine isn't a half bad idea.

Posted by thebunnyhunter

Does this mean that the Bridge level in 2033 wont suck so much? That was the reason i couldnt play that game, i would stealth through the level and near the area with the rail car patrol i would get instantly spotted by no one and every singe enemy came running. I really like Last Light though

Posted by Shane

Hopefully the combat isn't terrible this time and the enemies aren't bullet sponges.

Posted by R3DT1D3

It saddens me how many here clearly played Metro 2033 on something below either of the Ranger modes. You guys realized you ruined your own experience right? You take infinite damage without even needing the syringes, enemies take the majority of a magazine, and reusable weapons are kind of pointless because you can get limitless ammo from bodies.

Ranger modes fix all that and make it play like a pretty competent shooter and they greatly increase the immersion.

Edited by TreeTrunk

DOES IT COME WITH THE DLC?!

Posted by year199X

Would definitely buy if they dropped the price down to $15-$20 for owning both 2033 and Last Light already....

Eh, I'll probably buy it anyway.

Posted by Oldirtybearon

GODDAMN IT FUCKING YES MORE METRO IS REQUIRED.

FUCK ALL HATERS. METRO RUNS under THIS TOWN.

Posted by NTM

I know, or at least it has seemed so far, that people have been against the whole putting out of last-gen games, but to me, so far it has seemed that they've been going with games that are actually worth getting again, at least to me. I didn't play Metro 2033, but wish I had, though I did play Last Light, and that was in my top five games of last year, though I don't know exactly where on the list, and this is exciting to me :).

Edited by NTM

@jeanluc: If you played the games on PC, this is probably not worth getting, though I believe I heard there will be some new aspects to it. I can't be sure though.

Edit: Actually, I just read that they're redoing the entire visuals for 2033, so it'll look even better than the PC version since it will look similar, if not the same as Metro Last Light. They're using their new engine for these versions.

Posted by Terjay

Will it still come with the crappy FOV that induces motion sickness?

Posted by Slaegar

All the people complaining about metro 2033 running poorly need to stop playing their games on a toilet. I got 40+ fps at 1920x1080 on low settings with a 9800GT. That card came out six years ago and is identical to a card that came out EIGHT years ago. If your PS2 can't play Metro, maybe it's time to upgrade.

Posted by geirr

I'm curious to see how Metro 2033 behaves with this tweak but not curious enough to throw 2010€ at them.

Posted by Mr_Creeper
@behardy said:

Here is a list of changes coming to the Redux version:

  • Never before seen content
  • New Melee Animations
  • 60 FPS across all versions.
  • Check Watch & Check Inventory features
  • All prior released expansion packs included
  • Ranger Mode will be included
  • Two different types of play style: Survival Play & Spartan Play
  • advanced enemy AI
  • improved combat and stealth mechanics
  • superior weapon handling,
  • more responsive intuitive controls.
  • advanced lighting,
  • dynamic weather,
  • more detailed characters with improved animation,
  • more dynamic destruction,
  • improved smoke, fire, and particle effects

And yes I this is my writing and yes I did research it. Proof

Hope this helps and clears up any confusion for anyone =)

Now that I see this list, it might just be worth it...

  • 65 results
  • 1
  • 2