136 Comments
  • 136 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Posted by andy

this looks awesome

Staff
Posted by gunstar

Can't wait!

Posted by mcnorhymes

looks like a game
Posted by QKT

still source engine Q_Q 
 
but thank god the menus are nicer now.

Posted by Hero_Swe

Really? I saw literally no improvement, if anything it looks worse now.
Posted by deathstriker666

Looks like Counterstrike 

Posted by Cmdc00kie

Will there be hats? :P TBH right now it doesn't look like more more than some better lighting/shadow and new menus. Still looks great and looking forward to see what else changes.

Posted by Zapbrader

I saw the GT watermark halfway through the video.

Posted by RandomInternetUser

Pretty excited for this, saw this trailer on Steam a few days ago.

Posted by metalsnakezero

I'm ready to return to Counter-Strike. It was my first FPS Multiplayer PC game.

Posted by Zurgfrog

I can not wait to play this,lets just hope there are no hats

Posted by Snweater

What's with the Tron: Legacy music? 

Posted by ericdrum

I'm in.

Posted by dr_lovejoy

Pretty sure the last Counter Strike was in HD (Source on PC), and maybe even the ones before that? Though it's been sometime since I played the original Counter Strike so have no idea the max resolution.

Posted by amomjc

I wish I understood the love for Counter Strike, but alas, I cannot. I would really like to enjoy the franchise, as everyone I know does, but I just cannot seem to find it fun. Maybe it's all the crazy good players and my inability to adapt to the way weaponry works in the game.

Posted by Hero_Swe
@Branthog said:

@Hero_Swe said:

Really? I saw literally no improvement, if anything it looks worse now.

It looks better, but the player models don't look particularly fantastic. There is definitely far less improvement between CS:S and CS:GS than there was between CS and CS:S. The vital thing will be the gameplay improvements (which I'm sure will be raged against by the community for a long time, first).


The word better here is pretty subjective 
 
I don't see much improvement on the maps. I don't agree that more clutter or the more exaggerated cartoony style of the maps make it better. S'a a more a taste thing than anything, but it's definitely not a facelift. If you want a facelift. Compare Freespace 2 with Freespace SCP. or Operation Flashpoint (The real one) with Arma 2.
Posted by Mr_Skeleton

Hey wait a minute this isn't Half Life Episode 3! Stop fooling around Valve and get to work!

Posted by Wholemeal

Cross platform play? People are going to get owned on the ps3.

Posted by DerekDanahy

Wow. Visuals are pretty gnarly.

Posted by fisk0

@Branthog said:

@Hero_Swe said:

Really? I saw literally no improvement, if anything it looks worse now.

It looks better, but the player models don't look particularly fantastic. There is definitely far less improvement between CS:S and CS:GS than there was between CS and CS:S. The vital thing will be the gameplay improvements (which I'm sure will be raged against by the community for a long time, first).

I guess that the way they've quadrupled the polygon count and added a bunch of shaders, while still seemingly using model animations from 1999 makes the horrible looking stuff stand out more against the semi-modern stuff than in original CS or CS:S where everything was consistently pretty bad looking.

Posted by fisk0

@Wholemeal said:

Cross platform play? People are going to get owned on the ps3.

PS3 supports both mouse and keyboard though.

Posted by pgn

As a 1.3 ex-player, there are a couple things i find disturbing in this:
- new game modes : wtf, team deathmatch? ctf? COD?
- cross platform play? i suppose between consoles maybe?

Posted by byterunner

@pgn said:

As a 1.3 ex-player, there are a couple things i find disturbing in this: - new game modes : wtf, team deathmatch? ctf? COD? - cross platform play? i suppose between consoles maybe?

PS3 can support m&k

Posted by RE_Player1

I'm really looking forward to this. PS3 is getting mouse and keyboard support along with cross platform play with PC and Mac. Valve is doing well on the PS3 now, makes up for the PS3 version of Orange Box.

Posted by fisk0

@pgn said:

As a 1.3 ex-player, there are a couple things i find disturbing in this: - new game modes : wtf, team deathmatch? ctf? COD? - cross platform play? i suppose between consoles maybe?

Cross-platform play will be between PC/MAC and PS3 (as those are the 3 that supports Steam) if I've understood correctly. As for game modes, there has always been several game modes in CS, though the bomb planting/defusing one has always been the most iconic of the series.

Posted by fisk0

@Branthog said:

@fisk0 said:

@Branthog said:

@Hero_Swe said:

Really? I saw literally no improvement, if anything it looks worse now.

It looks better, but the player models don't look particularly fantastic. There is definitely far less improvement between CS:S and CS:GS than there was between CS and CS:S. The vital thing will be the gameplay improvements (which I'm sure will be raged against by the community for a long time, first).

I guess that the way they've quadrupled the polygon count and added a bunch of shaders, while still seemingly using model animations from 1999 makes the horrible looking stuff stand out more against the semi-modern stuff than in original CS or CS:S where everything was consistently pretty bad looking.

I just don't see why they don't put it off until the next engine. When Source came out, they released CS:S. So when the next engine (or engine revision) comes, do a new CS. Otherwise, I think they risk dilution of interest in that people who might otherwise be lured into it will just say "eew... nah" in a world full of flashy wild thrillpark multiplayer rides that they have open to them. When they really do roll out a beautiful new CS some day, those people will have been put off of the CS-taste.

Well, the source engine is pretty damn flexible, I think both Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead have shown that. But judging by what they show off in this trailer, it kinda looks like a community source mod. Of course, if it's going to be F2P, they'll want to make it work on a much wider selection of hardware, which means they probably have to cut some stuff in the visual department. I also guess this is pretty far from release still, so it'll probably get some improvements.

Posted by IshimuraD

The actual characters models and well, actually the graphics in general don't look that great, but the animation seems fantastic. Just that run animation was awesome. Hoping this turns out alright and doesn't dumb it down.

Posted by Mr48

Having seen a bit more of it I can say I'm pretty happy with this new iteration. A number of new weapons to play with, some tweaking of classic maps, nice new visuals. They didnt change anything about the core gameplay because lets face it there wasnt that much you can do to improve it. In summary, while there is not enough here to call it a whole new game, if they price it at $10-$20 I think many people including myself will be happy to get it.

Posted by UnrealDP

Never been a big fan of radial menus, but this game looks amazing, can't wait to see more!

Posted by Daiphyer

Let me just say it now. Cross-platform play is a HORRIBLE idea. 
 
Also: "in 2004 Counter-Strike: Source is released" .... *Moves on*

Edited by GoldBlaze

Thanks, GameTrailers!

Posted by YukoAsho
@Daiphyer said:
Let me just say it now. Cross-platform play is a HORRIBLE idea.
PS3 users will be able to use mouse and keyboard.... So I don't see the issue.
Posted by YukoAsho
@RE_Player92 said:
I'm really looking forward to this. PS3 is getting mouse and keyboard support along with cross platform play with PC and Mac. Valve is doing well on the PS3 now, makes up for the PS3 version of Orange Box.
Well, the only way to really make up for the OB is to release a revamped one with the current version of TF2.  Maybe do that when Episode 3 is released so... Oh who am I kidding, there isn't gonna be an HL2: Episode 3....
Posted by RE_Player1

@YukoAsho said:

@RE_Player92 said:
I'm really looking forward to this. PS3 is getting mouse and keyboard support along with cross platform play with PC and Mac. Valve is doing well on the PS3 now, makes up for the PS3 version of Orange Box.
Well, the only way to really make up for the OB is to release a revamped one with the current version of TF2. Maybe do that when Episode 3 is released so... Oh who am I kidding, there isn't gonna be an HL2: Episode 3....

Considering Sony's new relationship with Valve, allowing Steam cross platform play, and how Sony doesn't mind having free to play games on PS3, I believe they have Free Realms up and running on it, I wouldn't be surprised if they put a free version of TF2 on PSN. Helps Sony out and helps Valve get more Steam installs.

Posted by Kyle

@Hero_Swe said:

I don't see much improvement on the maps. I don't agree that more clutter or the more exaggerated cartoony style of the maps make it better. S'a a more a taste thing than anything, but it's definitely not a facelift. If you want a facelift. Compare Freespace 2 with Freespace SCP. or Operation Flashpoint (The real one) with Arma 2.

Exaggerated cartoony style? Where are you getting that from? There's just more detail in the textures and environments, but not cartoony at all.

That aside, it doesn't look quite as good as I would have hoped. I guess you have to keep the system requirements low considering that's what CS players are used to and a lot of them only have low-end machines, but it's still a little disappointing.

Posted by Hichael

whats up with the gametrailers logo?

Posted by g00ber

I'm excited. Simply for the fact that it's CS up against all these modern shooters nowadays. It's still you, your gun, the map, the other player, and your SKILL.
 
Greatest multiplayer game ever created... and it yes it still holds up today considering I played CS:S today and had a friggin' blast. Can't wait.

Posted by Kexpakki

cross platform....
 
console kids going to get owned by the PC master race(and before the flame war starts, nothing wrong with a controler but agains mouse and keyboard it just dosent stand a chance)

Edited by ExiledVip3r

It'll be fun for the casual players and people who have stopped playing counter-strike ages ago, but the people who still play 1.6 don't want any of this stuff and never will. Their happy with the maps, modes, and guns they have now, and care more about how the game plays. No matter what they do to the gameplay over CS:S to try and appease the 1.6 crowd, it'll never be enough to pull those players over. They want to play 1.6, they don't want to play a new game.

Posted by Stahlbrand

Fuck this trailer for giving me a CS jones.

I haven't thought seriously about playing CS again in years. I spent too much time on that game, between original and Source.

Posted by Mr48

Epic Murder Time?

Posted by kollay

Go go go!

Edited by crusader8463

EVERYONE knows you run faster with the knife.
 
Can't wait to play this against the console guys.

Posted by RsistncE

Awwww yeah gurl. First BF3 and now this; looks like my consoles will be gathering dust for a while longer...

Posted by Slaneesh
@crusader8463 said:
EVERYONE knows you run faster with the knife.  Can't wait to play this against the console guys.
If ranked is cross platform that would be retarded.
Posted by Mats

Now they can whine in HD

Posted by AuthenticM

I'm pretty sure the first Counter Strike was in HD.

Online
  • 136 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3